The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

1st Year Illustration @ UCA transfer to 2nd Year Illustration @ Camberwell

Hi all!

I don't know if there is anyone out there who could help me or give me anyadvice whatsoever, about transferring from my 1st year Illustration course at UCA in Maidstone to 2nd year Illustration at Camberwell.

Basically, I am quickly coming to the end of my 1st year at UCA and I have not been happy at all. From the beginning to the end I have disliked the course, the area and the people and I really really want to get out, or back to London, seeing as I am originally from there.

I applied to Camberwell the 1st time round, when I was applying from college from my BTEC Fine Art course. I didn't get past the online portfolio stage.

Can anyone give me any advice about what I should do in regards to transferring, what I should have, what I need, what are they looking for? etc. Any advice whatsoever would be great!

Thank you anyone who gets back to me in advance.

Christianna
Reply 1
Original post by rumdrunkmonkey
Hi all!

I don't know if there is anyone out there who could help me or give me anyadvice whatsoever, about transferring from my 1st year Illustration course at UCA in Maidstone to 2nd year Illustration at Camberwell.

Basically, I am quickly coming to the end of my 1st year at UCA and I have not been happy at all. From the beginning to the end I have disliked the course, the area and the people and I really really want to get out, or back to London, seeing as I am originally from there.

I applied to Camberwell the 1st time round, when I was applying from college from my BTEC Fine Art course. I didn't get past the online portfolio stage.

Can anyone give me any advice about what I should do in regards to transferring, what I should have, what I need, what are they looking for? etc. Any advice whatsoever would be great!

Thank you anyone who gets back to me in advance.

Christianna

You really need to be making contact directly with Camberwell, if possible try to speak/email the illustration course leader directly, go to the end of year show and catch them in person! maybe put together an online portfolio to show them.

It'd just be a case of convincing them of your passion, talet and love of Camberwell! Im going to Camberwell for fine art but I remember being really impressed with the illustration degree showm it was really experimental and diverse with lots of 3D work as well as more commercial pieces.

Good luck :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by KED
You really need to be making contact directly with Camberwell, if possible try to speak/email the illustration course leader directly, go to the end of year show and catch them in person! maybe put together an online portfolio to show them.

It'd just be a case of convincing them of your passion, talet and love of Camberwell! Im going to Camberwell for fine art but I remember being really impressed with the illustration degree showm it was really experimental and diverse with lots of 3D work as well as more commercial pieces.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you very much for your advice! I'm gonna get on it as soon as! Thank you again! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending