The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE Literature 0486 URGENT HELP not a topic based question..

Hey guys I'm doing Cambridge IGCSE English Literature paper 0486 and the paper requirement is that out of three questions, you must do at least one extract based question marked with an asterisk (*) and at least one essay based question marked with a cross and the third question is free choice. but my question is that the empathy question has mark like an asterisk or a cross, so is it counted as an essay based question or not? For example can I do the following combination of questions: two extract based and one empathy?

Please reply. Your help is really needed, because the exam is not too far away and my teacher and head of department have no idea about it.
Reply 1
Original post by Geniusmiss
Hey guys I'm doing Cambridge IGCSE English Literature paper 0486 and the paper requirement is that out of three questions, you must do at least one extract based question marked with an asterisk (*) and at least one essay based question marked with a cross and the third question is free choice. but my question is that the empathy question has mark like an asterisk or a cross, so is it counted as an essay based question or not? For example can I do the following combination of questions: two extract based and one empathy?

Please reply. Your help is really needed, because the exam is not too far away and my teacher and head of department have no idea about it.

Just do one passage, one essay and one empathy (if you must); though, from what I've heard, empathy get marked very harshly... I don't believe an empathy question qualifies as an essay or passage based one. On another note, do you have any tips for what to revise and how to approach the essay? And how hard exactly is it to get an A*? cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending