The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE music 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Does anyone have an access to the question paper? I would like to see the paper again.
And it said it was an example of a Irish folk lament? Firstly it's Scottish, secondly it's a fusion and thirdly is a WAULKING SONG.
Reply 382
Original post by Medical-al
Does anyone have an access to the question paper? I would like to see the paper again.

I don't think it will be publicly available yet. When we get our results, only teachers are able to see it online.
It's because schools use the latest tests for mock exams.
Reply 383
The question about Irish Lament was often confused with a Waulking song... The laments tell stories about legends etc.... Whereas a Waulking song has the call and response etc and was sung while working.. It just so happens that our set work was a Waulking song with lyrics of an Irish lament...

Spoke to my teacher and she said that answers would have to be specifically about laments
I thought I did quite well in this exam until I read this - Now I feel like it was terrible :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 385
Original post by AngryBirds4
I thought I did quite well in this exam until I read this - Now I feel like it was terrible :frown:

Same with every exam, just because people have said things here doesn't mean they're right, and even if they are the markscheme might allow what you've written anyway :smile:

Either way, nothing you can do now but move on and focus on your other exams :smile:
Original post by amafeca
how was it then?

Alright nothing to awful, did you do it too?
Original post by Mediterrasian
I had a friend who was off for the majority of Year 10 because of a blood clot in her leg, and she caught up with Music in no time. It takes a bit of time to learn the stuff, but once your teacher goes over it with you, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you need any help with it though, feel free to message me. :smile:

Ah yes, this makes me so happy! I think AOS1 and AOS2 are the easiest as well. :smile:

ahh thank you for the support, its made me feel a little better (: but ill just do what i can now...
Reply 388
Sly bit of Chopin in Prometheus if anyone's seen it :tongue:
Reply 389
Original post by iCiaran

Indeed! Although wasn't too keen on the rest of the film..

Original post by iCiaran

I felt all smug hearing that during the opening and the credits :wink:
Not long now everyone!

Reply 392
Boundaries are up tomorrow :smile:
65/80 A*
60/80 A
49/80 B
39/80 C

lower than last year :biggrin: i got an A*, how did everyone do?
Reply 394
I got an A* too! I got 113 ums (A*) for the exam :wink:
omg snap! well done :smile: my ums was 275- I thought i was going to get an A!
Reply 396
No idea what my UMS was =p I got a B for the exam and nearly 100% on the first 2 units. So it evened out onto a pretty even A :smile: I think the total for the first 2 units was 120 UMS, and if so, I got a 117, but im not sure :frown:
haha that's funny, we've been told that those two will appear this year too :P . Did they actually appear for you 2 years ago?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending