The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE music 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizz-ie
The paper is going to be written by Jonny Martin. However I don't think he was the one who wrote the practise papers, it was just the same company that did the anthologies. Also, the practise papers are a LOT harder than the specimen and 2011 papers.

Ok, that's fair enough! Thanks for letting me know.
Reply 81
Original post by belladalton
Ok, that's fair enough! Thanks for letting me know.

My friend has him as a music teacher so that's the only reason I know! :')
Original post by lizz-ie
My friend has him as a music teacher so that's the only reason I know! :')

Your friend is so, so lucky!
Reply 83
Original post by Mediterrasian
Your friend is so, so lucky!

I know, I'm so so jealous of him! In a way I wish I had him, but then my music teacher is cool and lets us bring in cake on fridays to eat in the lesson, we're having a party next friday when our music lesson was supposed to be! :biggrin:
Original post by lizz-ie
I know, I'm so so jealous of him! In a way I wish I had him, but then my music teacher is cool and lets us bring in cake on fridays to eat in the lesson, we're having a party next friday when our music lesson was supposed to be! :biggrin:

Ahh your teacher is so nice. Mine forced me to be in a concert, and then on the day, made me sing with a choir too, ugh.

How are you feeling for the exam on Monday? It's come so fast!
Reply 85
Ahh your teacher is so nice. Mine forced me to be in a concert, and then on the day, made me sing with a choir too, ugh.

How are you feeling for the exam on Monday? It's come so fast!

Haha, he's buying food for the party next week :biggrin: when we have concerts, he gets really stressed and horrible though, our school have a good reputation for music since we're a music college, so every concert has to be amazing!
I know! I'm so worried, re did the mock though and got 67/68 on section A :smile: but knew the answers already so :/ but I'm very worried. It's one of those exams where anything could come up, and you have no idea how you'll do until you see the paper. I hate those exams :frown: how about you?
Reply 86
I got 60/60 for both performance and composition :smile: I just found out!!
Reply 87
As I do OCR GCSE Music, it strikes me as really odd to see that you already know the pieces that are going to be in the exam. We just get given 17 topics, ranging from Baroque to Club Dance, and then have to answer on whatever comes up. The fact that Programme Music's in there means there could be more or less anything.

I wonder if the differences in structure means that Edexcel tests the pieces in more detail? Or maybe you had to do a lot more composing / practical than we did (two full compositions plus a 45 minute creative task in response to a stimulus, and a solo and ensemble performance). I'm not really sure which format I'd prefer...

Anyway, good luck to everyone, including any other OCR-ers who stumble upon this in replacement for the seemingly non-existent OCR thread. :^_^:
Reply 88
Haha, when is your exam?
Original post by Medical-al
I got 60/60 for both performance and composition :smile: I just found out!!

Wow, congratulations!

Original post by najabri
As I do OCR GCSE Music, it strikes me as really odd to see that you already know the pieces that are going to be in the exam. We just get given 17 topics, ranging from Baroque to Club Dance, and then have to answer on whatever comes up. The fact that Programme Music's in there means there could be more or less anything.

I wonder if the differences in structure means that Edexcel tests the pieces in more detail? Or maybe you had to do a lot more composing / practical than we did (two full compositions plus a 45 minute creative task in response to a stimulus, and a solo and ensemble performance). I'm not really sure which format I'd prefer...

Anyway, good luck to everyone, including any other OCR-ers who stumble upon this in replacement for the seemingly non-existent OCR thread. :^_^:

Your exam sounds hard! I think you're right, we do get into so much detail with the pieces as we had pretty much the same composing and practical.

Good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by najabri

We have to know the pieces in enough depth to write an essay about one of them! I'd much rather do yours!
Reply 91
OMG guys, this time tomorrow it'll all be over! So scared though D: I would wish you good luck, but of course, the worse you do, the lower the grade boundaries will be. So I hope you all fail, so I can get an A* :wink: Okay seriously now, good luck to everyone! :biggrin: I'm going to revise now, but I'll talk to you all tomorrow when we can be discussing how awful the exam was, and how we've all failed! woo -.-
Reply 92
Is there a master drummer in Yiri? I know there is generally one in African Music, but is there one in Yiri?
Original post by lizz-ie
OMG guys, this time tomorrow it'll all be over! So scared though D: I would wish you good luck, but of course, the worse you do, the lower the grade boundaries will be. So I hope you all fail, so I can get an A* :wink: Okay seriously now, good luck to everyone! :biggrin: I'm going to revise now, but I'll talk to you all tomorrow when we can be discussing how awful the exam was, and how we've all failed! woo -.-

God I can't wait for it to be over. I'm so nervous too! I'm just betting something I missed revising comes up. Hahaha good luck, and I'm sure you'll do great!

Original post by S.Vijay
Is there a master drummer in Yiri? I know there is generally one in African Music, but is there one in Yiri?

Yeah there is. :smile:
Reply 94
God I can't wait for it to be over. I'm so nervous too! I'm just betting something I missed revising comes up. Hahaha good luck, and I'm sure you'll do great!

You too! I hope it's about the same level of difficulty as last years paper, however, I have a feeling it's going to be harder :/
Reply 95
Original post by lizz-ie
You too! I hope it's about the same level of difficulty as last years paper, however, I have a feeling it's going to be harder :/

hopefully its not harder (probably will be) but yh praying its not , i got like A and B for my compositions and performance so would love to get an A* for this .... does anyone know what my overall grade would be if i get this??
thank you
Original post by Medical-al
Hello music students! I have set this forum up to create a discussion about our exam in a week's time. Enjoy :smile:

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg I AM SO NERVOUS !!:frown:... I was revising yesterday the whole day and went to bed leaving just Rag Desh and Raindrop for today, but now i can't remember hardly anything from yesterday. I am literally cryinggggggg. I wanted to get an A :s-smilie:
Reply 97
Just a note guys, we are NOT to talk about this exam after our exam tomorrow according to student room. We will be allowed to discuss any matter about a day after, on Tuesday.
Reply 98
Does anyone know where I can get some listening practice papers with the listening extracts? :smile:
Reply 99
Hey! I'm new to TSR! I am not that nervous but more stressed about the exam! It's annoying that there is only one exam up as you cannot do many questions, right? How is everyone feeling?

Want to quiz each other? :biggrin: Good luck and God Bless X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending