The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE music 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Medical-al
Really? There are 15 people in our class :smile:

There are 13 in my class, but there's another class in the other half of the year :smile:
Does anyone know if the sax solos in all blues are improvised or precomposed? Thanks
Reply 122
Hey guys,
I need help answering this question: What is a sub bass and why is it often used in dance music?

It's about the Moby and I don't know the answer :frown:
Original post by marcotam
Hey guys,
I need help answering this question: What is a sub bass and why is it often used in dance music?

It's about the Moby and I don't know the answer :frown:

Sub-bass is frequencies below 90Hz
Used in dance music because it can be felt as well as heard :smile:
Original post by panic king
Does anyone know if the sax solos in all blues are improvised or precomposed? Thanks

Improvised - all the solos in All Blues are.
Original post by ColUWill
Improvised - all the solos in All Blues are.

Wow it seems so impossible :smile:
Thank you
Reply 126
Sub-bass is frequencies below 90Hz
Used in dance music because it can be felt as well as heard :smile:

Thank you so much! :smile:
Wow it seems so impossible :smile:
Thank you

Remember that, and also that they're all Virtuosic performances. I imagine that'd help you pick up a mark somewhere XD
Original post by ColUWill
Remember that, and also that they're all Virtuosic performances. I imagine that'd help you pick up a mark somewhere XD

Thank you :smile:

Is anyone learning the chord progressions for Grace?? Thank you :biggrin:
Thank you :smile:

Is anyone learning the chord progressions for Grace?? Thank you :biggrin:

I've learnt them limitedly, they all follow a pattern and if they're presented to us in the exam, it'll only be to fill in 3 or so, meaning you'd recognise what to put if you just skim learn them. They try to be as helpful as they can in the questions :smile:
Reply 130
In Bernstein - Something's coming, is it a bass guitar or a double bass that plays?
Reply 131
Guys, you know how the second vocal sample in Moby is in A minor, but harmonised to feel like C major, what if it asks us if it's major or minor in the exam? Like if it's a tick box thing? D:
Original post by lizz-ie
A* is 56/60 raw marks for performance.
A* is 54/60 raw marks for composition.
Both are 81/90 UMS for A*.
The whole qualification is out of 300, and you need 270 UMS overall for A*.
Your marks are amazing! I got 58 for performance and 54 for composition. :smile: May I ask what grade you are on whatever instrument you played? Oh and what did you play for your performances?

Thanks, so are yours though! :smile: I played the drums and I'm technically grade 5 but on drums I don't think that means much! I played a grade 4 piece though. For my ensemble performance I played the drums with my band to a song I wrote. You can listen to my band on Soundcloud (www.soundcloud.com/humiband) if you want :smile: Make sure you download our two songs for free if you do! And good luck tomorrow :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by VTZLifeForever
Thanks, so are yours though! :smile: I played the drums and I'm technically grade 5 but on drums I don't think that means much! I played a grade 4 piece though. For my ensemble performance I played the drums with my band to a song I wrote. You can listen to my band on Soundcloud (www.soundcloud.com/humiband) if you want :smile: Make sure you download our two songs for free if you do! And good luck tomorrow :smile:

I played piano for both :') for my solo, I played River Flows in You by Yiruma, and for the ensemble, I accompanied someone who was playing Can You Feel the Love Tonight? Good luck to you too! I'm so worried :/
Has anyone got any tips for learning the Section B essay answers?
Thanks a lot guys! Good luck and God Bless X Just wake up early tomorrow and do some more cramming! HAHA!

I can't wait for our party after this! Anyone else with me?
Reply 136
Good luck everyone here, did this last year so I might be able to answer a couple of questions you have, and sorry for not having a question on Rag Desh, because you guys are pretty much guaranteed one now :tongue:
Original post by LethalBeans
Has anyone got any tips for learning the Section B essay answers?

I've just been practising writing them out over and over. They are such a pain to learn. :frown:

Original post by mescoriza
Thanks a lot guys! Good luck and God Bless X Just wake up early tomorrow and do some more cramming! HAHA!

I can't wait for our party after this! Anyone else with me?

Hahah that's what I'm doing tomorrow morning! And yes, I second that. Just can't wait to get it over with! :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by iCiaran
Good luck everyone here, did this last year so I might be able to answer a couple of questions you have, and sorry for not having a question on Rag Desh, because you guys are pretty much guaranteed one now :tongue:

You know how the second vocal sample in Moby is in A minor, but harmonised to feel like C major, what if it asks us if it's major or minor in the exam? Like if it's a tick box thing? D:
Reply 139
Literally panicking now!!! I really hope that And the glory of the lord is an essay question, SO EASY!! but if it's Peripetie, I will break down in tears!! SO SO SO SO HARD!!! AND IM PREDICTED AN A* :O PRESSURE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending