The Student Room Group

How many friends do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, about 6 or 7? I don't think the amount you have is an issue, but more about the quality of your friendship, the people I'm friends with are people I would trust with anything.
Reply 61
I blame it on moving/them moving whenever I manage to make a close friend.
Reply 62
I have 3000 friends on Facebook, 17500 followers on Twitter, 16000 hits a day on my blog, and a combined total of 4700 friends on MySpace and Bebo.

Which translates as roughly 0.00001 friends in real life.
Reply 63
about 5 close friends from home, about 6 close friends at uni, and a fair few other friends who i see/spend time with regularly, i've always been in big friendship groups, with about 15 of us back home, a group of 15/16 from my halls and a group of about 12 from my course.
(edited 11 years ago)
My kind of "main friends": 5 at home, 3 who are at uni (inc. boyfriend and older sister), then I have 2 other really good friends who don't hang out with the others.
Then I have a fair few college friends and a lot of people who are friends of friends, and even though I do like them I just don't hang out with them enough to really call them a friend (so the kind of people who occasionally turn up at the pub or throw a house party 1 or 2 times a year).

I think I have about 40 friends on facebook :tongue: I refuse to add people I don't ever talk to.
Can someone be my friend? Ill pay
Add me on facebook please i dont have many friends. Add 'James Leader'
real life friends that I see regularly and am very close to = 0
real life friends that I see regularly and am not close to = 0
real life friends that I see once or twice a year and am very close to = 0

real life friends that I see once or twice a year and am not particularly close to = about 2
real life friends that I see about once every 5-10 years and am very close to = 1 (my cousin)
Reply 68
Friends, probably up to like 70.

But real close, i'll say 15.

But real real close. 4
I have about 5 or 6 very close friends, and my boyfriend, then about 10/12 friends I get on with, see regularly etc. Probably the same number again in casual acquaintances who I'll see occasionally.
two
Four. There are others that come and go, but these four have stuck by me, and as cheesy as it sounds, I would trust them with my life.
Reply 72
I have 7 close friends, then around 5 other people who would almost class as close friends but theres a few things I wouldn't feel comfortable telling them, and around 15 other people who I could chat to. And 239 facebook friends...hmm.
I have about 570 'friends' on facebook, a few groups probably totalling 30-50 that I drink with or do things with, and maybe 3 or 4 that I actually trust? Depressing, I know.
Reply 74
So Facebook friends - 90
People I hang around with - 30
Number of these people which I like - 10.
Number of people I'd call my friends - 4.
Reply 75
I think I have 7-8 really close friends, and then another 6 reasonably close friends, and a few who are just acquaintances. Other than that I don't really speak to anyone else regularly.
Reply 76
Friends who i hang out with on a daily basis that are fairly close: 10
friends who i can tell anything to ...well i have my two sisters :smile:
1....shes my ex if you can believe it :tongue:

I have a lot of acquaintances...still wish i had a few more close friends :frown:
Reply 78
I'd class 4 people I know as actual friends.
I have my boyfriend, 4 close friends from home, 6 close friends from undergrad, and about 3 close friends here for my postgrad. So about 14 :smile: Some of them I don't see for a year at a time, others are hellish to contact, but if I ever needed them, they'd be at my side in a second without a question and I would be for them.

Close associates...a few at home, probably about 7 more at uni, and a whole class full here at postgrad. I don't really do big groups of associates...I either spend a lot of time with people and get to know them really well...or I barely speak to them. The close associates I do have a friends of friends I'mn just used to hanging around with..and my class here is just wicked and we have an amazing time at the pub or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending