The Student Room Group

English Literature Exam 24th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I did lord of the flies and a view from the bridge. I was over the moon with the essay questions they were really nice.
I did the one on Catherine from a view from the bridge.
For lord of the flies I did the one about the break up of the boys. What did you guys do and what did you right about? 😃

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by flumpyfi
What a ****-up of a subject. I'm so glad it's out of the way now and I'll never have to do it again in my life! :biggrin:

Lol I hate English literature to but I still am desperate to get a good grade in it.

Original post by ellenabethx
I did 'A View From the bridge" and "A Christmas Carol" thoughts?

I did exactly the same today, I chose the 'Betrayal, Passion and smthing', talking about Eddie's betrayal to the social codes and Beatrice's dilemma etc...and wrote about Bob and his role in his family and how he contrasts Scrooge. how much did you write? How did you do?

It was so hot, my hand hurt, with no water and no fresh air! Im glad its over now. :h::h::h: sigh of relief

Im new to the student room, it seems like a 'close-knit' family hehehe, I must have been missing out?
Reply 23
I did An Inspector calls and Heroes xx
Original post by Jamie_DB
Didn't really like the extract questions but the 20 mark questions were easy. I did Superstition for Blood Brothers and Order in Lord of the Flies. Had 20/20 on Blood Brothers one and 16/20 on Lord of the Flies one that I've done before like them so I'm pretty confident :biggrin:

I did the exact same questions. What did you put as examples of superstition in Blood Brothers?
Reply 25
Original post by BethanyLauren95
I did the exact same questions. What did you put as examples of superstition in Blood Brothers?

you didntquote me but i did the same question i put stuff about 'shoes on the table ' how russell uses the narrator with 'the devils got your number y' know he's gonna find y' ' ........ i then went on to progress how other factors could be involved such as class difference/nature vs nurture, linda being a catalyst with a love triangle, parenting etc. :/ :L .. then gave an overall view of how i believe a variety of factors created the end result or it could be.. just a tragedy :/ :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
I did of mice and men and short stories, who else did this?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lilpandaeyes
I did exactly the same today, I chose the 'Betrayal, Passion and smthing', talking about Eddie's betrayal to the social codes and Beatrice's dilemma etc...and wrote about Bob and his role in his family and how he contrasts Scrooge. how much did you write? How did you do?

It was so hot, my hand hurt, with no water and no fresh air! Im glad its over now. :h::h::h: sigh of relief

Im new to the student room, it seems like a 'close-knit' family hehehe, I must have been missing out?

I did the exact opposite. I did Catherine and The Three Spirits. I looked at the "Betrayal, Passion and Honour" essay and thought, no way.
I did three pages for Catherine's. and Two and a half for three spirits. MY extract for A Christmas Carol was much shorter than A view from the Bridge's. It was ok, but I don't how I did. I can never judge with English, I atleast want an A. My hand aches like hell. At least my next exam isn't until Tuesday. So glad I never have to English Lit ever again, I hate WJEC
Original post by nacho1996
I did lord of the flies and a view from the bridge. I was over the moon with the essay questions they were really nice.
I did the one on Catherine from a view from the bridge.
For lord of the flies I did the one about the break up of the boys. What did you guys do and what did you right about? 😃

I did Catherine too.
It was quite easy, I had already done a practice essay on Catherine so it came quite naturally.
Reply 29
Lol I hate English literature to but I still am desperate to get a good grade in it.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I hope you get the grade you want! I just hope I do alright too.
Reply 30
Original post by alj123
I did of mice and men and short stories, who else did this?

I did those too! What did you pick for short stories?
Reply 31
Original post by Lizy
I did those too! What did you pick for short stories?

I did the question about compass and the torch and compared this to when the wasps drowned. Disappointed with the stories given. Would have loved Anil or Darkness Out There to come up :/ what about you?

I did 'A View From the bridge" and "A Christmas Carol" thoughts?

Very good. Merked it all. Btw did you notice the error on the A Christmas Carol numbering system for the essays?
Original post by lilpandaeyes

I did exact opposite lol

I did the exact opposite. I did Catherine and The Three Spirits. I looked at the "Betrayal, Passion and Honour" essay and thought, no way.
I did three pages for Catherine's. and Two and a half for three spirits. MY extract for A Christmas Carol was much shorter than A view from the Bridge's. It was ok, but I don't how I did. I can never judge with English, I atleast want an A. My hand aches like hell. At least my next exam isn't until Tuesday. So glad I never have to English Lit ever again, I hate WJEC

i did the exact same ssays lol. I reckon I got A* and A in exams so hopefully I will get my A overall! My Christmas Carol extract was longer than AVFTB. AVFTB was just over 1 side and A Christmas Carol was 1 and a 3/4 - there was so many points to right about it was unbelievable. I could have don emore if we had more time!
I agree we should have more time! what? I only did 1 page for the extract qs and 2+1/2 for the essays :s-smilie: ah well its over now. Same next exams on tuesday too, today was my exam leave...:wink:
is anyone planning to do thank you cards for teachers? Should I wait till results day to give it too them?
Reply 35
Original post by techno836
i did blood brothers and lord of the flies, the extract ones were easy :L what key points did you include for both of them?

as for the essay questions i did superstition and in lord of the flies i did most sympathetic character (piggy - because i could do sh*t loads on him :L ) ?

I just hate mood and atmosphere questions :P I was going to do Piggy too but instead I chose the other question about Order because I did it 2 days before :biggrin:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by BethanyLauren95

Yeah, basically the same as techno836 but (I'm guessing he/she did on the exam) included the obvious superstitious of separated twins die immediately if they find out :P The question was very open and allowed you to point out the other themes as techno836 mention :biggrin:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 37
[QUOTE="flumpyfi;37750919"]

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I hope you get the grade you want! I just hope I do alright too.

Thanks! Same to you. I'm sure you'll be fine. Hopefully the grade boundaries are low so it's easier to getter a better grade.:wink::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending