The Student Room Group

Info 1. AQA ICT 25th May.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemma_<3
Question 5E from the paper May 2009.
I'm really confused and the exam is on Friday! :frown:

I think that what the question is asking you is basically to describe your Purpose of your Test that your client requires. Personally, I have a column in the testing table that says "Test Purpose" that I would use for that question.

If you don't have anything like that, possibly consider adding it in? :smile:
Reply 21
I'm resitting this again too, and I'm feeling okay, because the exam is pretty much what we did this year in INFO4 (coursework).
I am actually panicking about re-reading and understanding my old sample work- I haven't looked at it properly since last year!!!
Reply 22
Original post by Bizzya
I'm resitting this again too, and I'm feeling okay, because the exam is pretty much what we did this year in INFO4 (coursework).
I am actually panicking about re-reading and understanding my old sample work- I haven't looked at it properly since last year!!!

I'm in the same boat. It does seem a lot easier after INFO 4 but sometimes the basic stuff can be the most trouble! Just mull over everything and keep a sharp focus on every question asked, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:

Oh, and my sample work sucks!
Reply 23
Somehow I got a U in January oO, I pretty much have the knowledge but does anyone have any tips for the exam, like how to best answer questions?
Reply 24
I m also panicking, :s-smilie: just hope the essay question at the end is about health and safety, its the easiest topic to write about
Original post by Erykwidday
Somehow I got a U in January oO, I pretty much have the knowledge but does anyone have any tips for the exam, like how to best answer questions?

It's basically what I said earlier:

1) Answer the question, not what you think the question is.
2) Keep your answer in context.
3) Keep your answer specific.
Reply 26
This is my first time taking the paper. I think i kinda know what to expect, but I don't know if I will have enough time to get through the essay. I'm a lengthy writer...
Reply 27
Original post by ARminnie
This is my first time taking the paper. I think i kinda know what to expect, but I don't know if I will have enough time to get through the essay. I'm a lengthy writer...

Try to keep it concise and to the point. Make it as easy as possible for the examiner to award you marks.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing both info 1 and 2 for the second time. Just totally freaked them, when I'm revising I can answer almost all pasted papers questions, but my mind just goes blank when I'm in the exam, and sometimes the wording they use throws me. :frown:

Praying for a good grade this time though, as I worked my little butt off.
Reply 29
any ideas what the last question might be about?
Reply 30
Been looking at all the past essay questions, literally everyone .. the common occurrence is Software Some have been to do with system & application of it, others more general.

Past 6 papers here's what I've found:
Software 4/6
Hardware has appeared 2/6
Output methods and devices 1/6
Health and safety 1/6

However I'm not sure if this helps, but it gives you an idea :smile:
Reply 31
Hi
I think the last 20 mark question might be on health and safety :confused:
Reply 32
Is it worth revising Analysis and Design, Implementation and Testing and evaluation? Because their in my textbook but are they just about the coursework or is it stuff relevant for the exam?
Reply 33
this is my first sitting, i got 77ums for info2. i want minimum 83 ums marks to make it overall an A. i don't know what and how to revise, help, please.
Reply 34
This exam has to be the most stressful exam ever, seriosuly! it feels like i'm prepared for the exam, well last time I was, but then the questions seemed to throw me over the edge, any tips for tomorrow morning?
Reply 35
Can anyone explain to me what exactly the difference is between storage MEDIA and a storage DEVICE?

It's cropped up a few times in the past and I'm still unsure how to distinguish between the two.
Original post by Tension
Can anyone explain to me what exactly the difference is between storage MEDIA and a storage DEVICE?

It's cropped up a few times in the past and I'm still unsure how to distinguish between the two.

There are a range of different devices that can be used including:

Magnetic disk drives
Magnetic disk drives come in two different media:

Floppy drives these use floppy disks

Hard drives (also known as Hard Disks)

Optical drives
There are a variety of different optical disks (MEDIA) available:

CD-ROM Compact Disk Read Only Memory

CD-R Compact Disk - Recordable

CD-RW Compact Disk - Rewriteable

DVD Digital Versatile Disk

DVD-ROM Digital Versatile Disk Read Only Memory

DVD+RW Digital Versatile Disk + Read/Write

Magnetic tape drives

Solid-state storage (Flash/Pen drives and Memory Card drives)

Reply 37
Original post by Bobby Greenberg III
There are a range of different devices that can be used including:

Magnetic disk drives
Magnetic disk drives come in two different media:

Floppy drives these use floppy disks

Hard drives (also known as Hard Disks)

Optical drives
There are a variety of different optical disks (MEDIA) available:

CD-ROM Compact Disk Read Only Memory

CD-R Compact Disk - Recordable

CD-RW Compact Disk - Rewriteable

DVD Digital Versatile Disk

DVD-ROM Digital Versatile Disk Read Only Memory

DVD+RW Digital Versatile Disk + Read/Write

Magnetic tape drives

Solid-state storage (Flash/Pen drives and Memory Card drives)

so which is the media and which is the device? :confused:
Sitting this exam for the 3rd time tomorrow! Hoping to improve on my C to help improve my overall UMS (currently on 160) and got 67/70 on my INFO 4 coursework, hoping to get an A overall!

Anyway, went to print my sample work earlier. Disaster! I had somehow deleted it! :frown: managed to find an older version though which was about 1/4 finished, so spent the past 2 and a half hours finishing the sample work! haha
Reply 39
Also which is better inkjet or laser jet ; pros and cons of both

I always thought inkjet was the expensive high quality one and laser jet was the cheap quick one but the note's posted earlier in this thread say the opposite away around. :confused:

Also, password check is VERIFICATION not VALIDATION, isn't it? 99.99% sure on that one but the note's posted before also say other way round. Good note's and thank for the link, but lot's of stuff about the sample work which it's too late for now and i'm pretty sure there are a few errors in there.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending