The Student Room Group

Are They Any Mature Students Here? Students Over 28?

Scroll to see replies

28, starting architecture degree at Sheffield Hallum in 2 weeks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bangor university.....i'm thinking of applying there to do nursing next year.:smile: I havent commited to the open day yet as i'm still unsure about were to apply....i know, don't really have long to decide.
We were fully warned about the amount of work we will have to undertake with reagrds to the access course so i'm glad that you didn't work either, i guess that i can get used to the workload for uni too.
Let me know how you get on at Bangor, looks like a beautiul area, and probably a good choice for me..... thanks for the advice :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tbrehaut
Bangor university.....i'm thinking of applying there to do nursing next year.:smile: I havent commited to the open day yet as i'm still unsure about were to apply....i know, don't really have long to decide.
We were fully warned about the amount of work we will have to undertake with reagrds to the access course so i'm glad that you didn't work either, i guess that i can get used to the workload for uni too.
Let me know how you get on at Bangor, looks like a beautiul area, and probably a good choice for me..... thanks for the advice :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually went to high school in Bangor many years ago and don't live that far away now so I can travel in each day rather than having to move. It is a beautiful area although sadly I think we probably take it for granted as it's on our doorstep. I have to admit I'm looking forward to the opportunity to get out and about in Snowdonia's on my course.

I made my eldest children go to the open days at Bangor for the subjects they wanted to study and despite their enthusiasm for moving out of the area they were both really impressed with the Uni and it ended up in both their top 3 choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 663
Original post by LauraFWebb
26, Archaeology at UCL.

Me too! I'll be on the BA Archaeology, how about you?
There are some advantages though. I'm sure I get preferential treatment from the cafe ladies because they think I must be a lecturer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
Hi guys!

I am 30. Starting at the university of Surrey this year doing Law with Criminology - joint honours degree. I couldn't care less what people think of me. I am going there for one reason which is to get my qualification in my chosen field. I don't mind what age other people are either, it's about peoples personality that counts :smile:
Original post by dee911
Hi guys!

I am 30. Starting at the university of Surrey this year doing Law with Criminology - joint honours degree. I couldn't care less what people think of me. I am going there for one reason which is to get my qualification in my chosen field. I don't mind what age other people are either, it's about peoples personality that counts :smile:

Hey Dee911

I am also doing Law with Criminology in Swansea. Just interested to see what career path you are taking after qualifying. You going down the legal route atall?? Sam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 667
Hi. Am 29
Since 17 I have been dreaming of studying at higher level but unfortunately I could not.
so I took a pause and waited for a suitable time. And finally that time has come. I am starting with an access course.

My dream of studying never let me stay still to be honest. Every now and then I would start planning and then something would come in between.

But i never gave up and didn't let the hope die.

For studying it's never too late to start, you have to have the will of of doing it, and nothing would stop you from doing it.

There's an old saying "where there's will there is a way"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 668
Original post by samjones2be
Hey Dee911

I am also doing Law with Criminology in Swansea. Just interested to see what career path you are taking after qualifying. You going down the legal route atall?? Sam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sam!

I plan to work as a solicitor or barrister. I will be taking the 3rd year to work. What about you?
Original post by dee911
Hi Sam!

I plan to work as a solicitor or barrister. I will be taking the 3rd year to work. What about you?

Im hoping to work within the criminal justice system supporting prisoners and their families. I currently volunteer in my local prison with an organisation who do that and i absolutely love it. :smile:
I'll be starting in March 2015 - mental health nursing at Salford. I'm 29.
I'm considering applying for an NHS degree (I already have another undergrad degree from a whil ago), but I will be 29 when I start. I am wondering if I am making mistake or not, I really wish I did this years ago.
Original post by coffee_prince
I'm considering applying for an NHS degree (I already have another undergrad degree from a whil ago), but I will be 29 when I start. I am wondering if I am making mistake or not, I really wish I did this years ago.

I'm 37 and have just started my 2nd year of an NHS degree. Majority of people on these courses are mature students so please do not think you are making a mistake. I too wish I had done this year's ago but the life experience you will bring with you is priceless.
Hope this helps x
Reply 673
Original post by samjones2be
Im hoping to work within the criminal justice system supporting prisoners and their families. I currently volunteer in my local prison with an organisation who do that and i absolutely love it. :smile:

That sounds great :wink:
I'm thinking about starting one, but at 49 have I left it far too late?! Would love to study nursing, but live in France and correspondence courses are so expensive....what to do?
Reply 675
I will be 31 years old when I start my medicine degree in Sept 2015.You are never too old to study!I have found being slightly older with a degree behind myself already it has only increased my determination to achieve my dream goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending