The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What a prick. Playing games just leads to doom. If a guy ignored me, I'd get insecure, wonder if I did something wrong and then decide I'm better than that, especially if it's at the start of a relationship.

If you have to play games to know if a girl likes you, you are obviously not skilled enough at dating.

And I'm sure it works on some girls, but how many of these turned into long term relationships? If you really want someone, games won't cut it and the relationship will break down. If you're honest and don't mess around, the relationship will probably succeed more...because games tend to work more on desperate girls (not meaning to be rude).
Reply 21
Original post by brunettegirl92
a bit insensitive of you. i feel sorry for her because she obviously cares about you, and you show little regard for her feelings. through-out that time she was probably going to pieces worrying that she had done something wrong, trying to figure out what it was and upset that she might have messed things up. its not right to toy with people, particuarly with matters of the heart. remember; when you play games, you can sometimes lose.

calm down. We haven't even been on a date yet, I don't owe her anything at this point and it sets a bad precedent even if I do end up going out with her.

Not like I want to play these type of games but if I have to then whatever.
Reply 22
Original post by After7
Ive been talking to this girl for like 2 weeks now but she texts me good morning everyday and attempts to make small talk random like asking how are you etc. I'm pretty sure thats a quick trip to the friendzone and replying makes you look needy sometimes so I'm gonna ignore her texts for the next few days.

Do you think its true that if you make yourself less accessible it increases attraction?

I'd just think you were a knob. People who play games aren't worth it, just talk to the girl if you like her. You don't need to constantly reply if you cant be bothered but ignoring her for a few days is a bit much.
Original post by After7

Not like I want to play these type of games but if I have to then whatever.

But why do you feel like you have to? It was blatantly obvious that she likes you and many said so in the thread before you took the stupid advice. Only desperate people who know nothing about dating need to play games.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by lizlaz350
Don't blank her, you won't look needy by replying to her.

If she's making an effort to text you that much then she probably likes you and if you're ignoring her then you'll just seem uninterested and she might just give up.

Very much this^

If she's taking that much interest in you, believe me, it's not just so she can drag you into the friendzone. No girl would ever bother to do that kind of thing. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
When I read the thread title I thought she just annoyed you and you weren't interested in her and looking for advice on how to let her down gently. You should have seen my jaw when I realized you were actually worried she might friendzone you.

I had a guy blank me once. First off he basically told me he really liked me; I did like him too, and maybe too much because it made me look like an idiot and I somehow ended up turning him down, no idea how that happened since I felt quite strongly about him.
So after that happened I would try to get in contact with him and generally establish some sort of communication so that I can get a chance to tell him it was all a huge misunderstanding; to that he would ignore me to the point of being rude. So I just figured he wasn't interested after all and gave up. Only much later did I figure he probably thought I was talking to him out of courtesy or trying to friendzone him.

OK, not exaaactly relevant to your problem but, in a nutshell, ohgoddontblankheritsmoronic.

Edit: if what you're worried about is that the nice messages on her side may be taking it to too serious a stage, that's a whole other story.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Texting you good morning isn't friend-zoning you - it's telling you that she likes you. You should never ignore someone who's trying to get in touch with you, it's cruel and heartless, especially when you know that person has feelings for you.
Reply 26
Original post by nod
Very much this^

If she's taking that much interest in you, believe me, it's not just so she can drag you into the friendzone. No girl would ever bother to do that kind of thing. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
When I read the thread title I thought she just annoyed you and you weren't interested in her and looking for advice on how to let her down gently. You should have seen my jaw when I realized you were actually worried she might friendzone you.

She has agreed to meet up but theres no set date, so eventually she's gonna lose interest so I have to do these things to keep her interest up. I don't wanna make it look like to her I am that much interested in her even though in reality I actually am.
Reply 27
Original post by After7
She has agreed to meet up but theres no set date, so eventually she's gonna lose interest so I have to do these things to keep her interest up. I don't wanna make it look like to her I am that much interested in her even though in reality I actually am.

So you are 15, I take it? xD
Are you kidding me, again? You 'have to do these things to keep her interest up'? No, no, no. I don't know how ever you might have gotten that idea. Haven't you been reading what everyone on here has to say on the matter?

I say do what the person above me says. Set the time for the date, confront her. In other words, just grow a pair. This playing hard to get I would only expect from a woman and even then I would not excuse nor tolerate it. It doesn't do anyone any good. Especially your girl's interest in you.

Her interest can be sustained by actually talking to her, getting to know her and letting her get to know you, it's your traits that are worthy of interest and not some pointless games which could easily annoy anybody.
Reply 28
Sounds like she likes you my friend
Original post by After7

Someone has already said it, but you really need to grow a pair and learn how to treat people properly.
Original post by After7
Ive been talking to this girl for like 2 weeks now but she texts me good morning everyday and attempts to make small talk random like asking how are you etc. I'm pretty sure thats a quick trip to the friendzone and replying makes you look needy sometimes so I'm gonna ignore her texts for the next few days.

Do you think its true that if you make yourself less accessible it increases attraction?

Don't completely make yourself less accessible by ignoring her texts for the next few days, if you really have to come across as not needy just reply really short one word answers or if she asks how was your day then reply after a long time and then if she asks why you took so long just tell her you were busy thats it.
I would feel a bit hurt if a guy would completely ignore my text... :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
No matter what girls say on this forum. No matter how much they try and deny it. The truth is that as soon as you stop "trying" you suddenly reel them in. I noticed this with my first girlfriend and its continued for every girl since. Providing they like you.... or are on the edge and not sure which way they want to g with you, its the exact same pattern that occurs:

1. text them normally and then suddenly blank them

2.A period will go on where she initially blanks you too and communication breaks down for a period. Can be hours to days depending on the girl. You need to "hold" at this stage and do not crack otherwise the balance of power flips in her favour.

3. She WILL crack and message you. Again ignore

4. She will have one last try at you ( they always message twice at the least without a reply if they like you)

5. This is when you MUST reply. Its 2 risky to leave it another one. Voila..... all of a sudden shes sees you as a challenge rather than thinking that shes the prize for you.

Women are so weird sometimes

LOL :biggrin: SO true.

They get even more weird once you give them a good time but I have just dropped them like a hot stone because they either pissed me off or made me go "oh for ****s sake!".

One girl who I met on a night out and had a nice time with decided that I should be going on dates with her and "not to expect it on a plate". My drive for her just went off a cliff and never recovered.

So I didnt reply to her text for 2 days or so and her reply back was long coming and I just stopped texting back. Met her on a night out and was plasent enough but I made the mistake of saying "you not texting me anymore"..lol fail!

She did want to hook up after the club but I was OMW home and couldn't be arsed. Its strange though because she told her team/mates who I am and what Im like and loads of them are keen to get me o_O :lol:
Reply 32
Its ok, decided Im not going to pursue this incase she rejects me which is most likely to happen considering we've already been talking via text way too long without meeting up.
Reply 33
Original post by After7
Its ok, decided Im not going to pursue this incase she rejects me which is most likely to happen considering we've already been talking via text way too long without meeting up.

OH what an utter load of crap. You must be a troll, otherwise I must agree with what someone else said - she'd be better off without you anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by After7

I've been texting a girl one and a half months now and we haven't met up. Just grow some balls and set a time and a date...
Poor girl. I feel really bad for her.
When she texts you in the morning, answer with a simple question

"Why are you texting me in the morning, am I the first thing you think of :wink:"
Reply 37
Bad idea!

If I stop hearing from a guy, I assume he isn't interested. I don't wait around and I don't play games, and I don't want a guy who comes across as flaky or unreliable.

Only ever be yourself.
Hey sorry for mentioning my own problem here on this thread but I desperately need HELP

I Need help on present ideas to give to my french female teacher she has been a Phenomenal teacher, the best teacher
I had throughout my secondary education. I'm currently on my study leave 4 my gcse exams and tomorrow is my
Last study leave lesson so I was thinking of getting her a present. She helped me out so much as I started year11 from scratch
And within 7Months of hard-work, commitment, dedication since november until now she helped me achieve a realistic 'A' or even an 'A*'. After studying arabic from year7-11 (4years) I was predicted a C whereas 7months with her she helped me achieve an A/A*. I would sum her up as : Fun, sophisticated, attractive(even thou I do fancy her :redface:), easy going & most importantly a close friend. I was thinking of getting her Chocolates, Perfume, Card. But I was thinking of getting her flowers + a teddy bear with 'Thank you' do you think that is too much or should I stick with the initial idea of Chocolates, Card and perfume?

Let me know ASAP as tomorrow is the last study lesson n I gtta make a move otherwise it will be too late :frown: .

Btw she is 31years old.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hey sorry for mentioning my own problem here on this thread but I desperately need HELP

I Need help on present ideas to give to my french female teacher she has been a Phenomenal teacher, the best teacher
I had throughout my secondary education. I'm currently on my study leave 4 my gcse exams and tomorrow is my
Last study leave lesson so I was thinking of getting her a present. She helped me out so much as I started year11 from scratch
And within 7Months of hard-work, commitment, dedication since november until now she helped me achieve a realistic 'A' or even an 'A*'. After studying arabic from year7-11 (4years) I was predicted a C whereas 7months with her she helped me achieve an A/A*. I would sum her up as : Fun, sophisticated, attractive(even thou I do fancy her :redface:), easy going & most importantly a close friend. I was thinking of getting her Chocolates, Perfume, Card. But I was thinking of getting her flowers + a teddy bear with 'Thank you' do you think that is too much or should I stick with the initial idea of Chocolates, Card and perfume?

Let me know ASAP as tomorrow is the last study lesson n I gtta make a move otherwise it will be too late :frown: .

Btw she is 31years old.

1. Make your own thread and don't troll in here.

2. Don't make a fool of yourself by buying extravagant gifts for your teacher. You will end up looking like an idiot. She has simply done her job by helping you improve your education, don't look on it as anything more than that.

Latest

Trending

Trending