Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by ..lauren
11 was D and 12 was B :smile:

Hows 12 B
Reply 841
Could someone tell me why 11 was D? I got B O_o
Reply 842
Paper 1 was quite good for me but Paper 2 in one word: ouch!

Hope (wish) <pray> they even out enough to give me a C.

And thanks guys for uploading Paper 1, forgot to take a copy!
wheres the paper about?
Chances of an A are slim, still hoping for an A. I reckon a B maybe, which is good, but was hoping for an A after getting over 90% in last years paper.
Reply 845
Original post by Aishah123
Hows 12 B

It's a max at five because 3+2 is five, and when you sub five into the equation for y you get 11pi/6 in radians
Original post by ukdragon37
Use vectors - You can work out the centre of circle in a), find the vector to the midpoint between PQ, and then add that vector to the midpoint.

Vectors. I'll give it a shot now. Thank you!

Original post by Aishah123
Same I got radius, but could not get the ****ing centre

It was so irritating. Especially when I thought it should be simple. *sigh* at least we got the radius.
Reply 847
Original post by JaggySnake95
I defo got b) how did you get y+3x=1

???

Emmm,
y-b=m(x-a)
y+2=-3(x+1)
y+2=-3x-3
y+3x= -5 ............... ah crap
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 848
Original post by Crazifox
Could someone tell me why 11 was D? I got B O_o

1/6 x^-2 intigrates to 1/6(-1) x^-1 + c
Reply 849
question 20 solution!

Log(base a)9x^2/log(base a)3x. when we take the 2 down we also have to take the root of 9!
2log(base a)3x/log(base a)3x
logs cancel leaving 2 so A

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
paper two was just absolutely horrendous, the worst my teachers ever seen. there was so many difficult huge markers, totally bamboozled! I think the pass mark will be down, the guy that writes the papers has been trying to get the mark down to 50% 60% 70%
Original post by lapples
Emmm,
y-b=m(x-a)
y+2=-3(x+1)
y+2=-3x-1
y+3x-3 ............... Ah crap.....

you forgot to multiply the 1 by -3 there.
Reply 852
I made a mistake during the stepping method how much marks will I lose my answer was (x+6)^2 + (y-6)^2 = 40
Reply 853
did anyone get like 14/3 for the integration question? i hate doing them without a calc always manage to mess up :frown:
Reply 854
Original post by ..lauren
It's a max at five because 3+2 is five, and when you sub five into the equation for y you get 11pi/6 in radians

It's max at -1

sin(x - pi/3) = 1
= 2 - 3(1)
= -1
Was the circle centre (-3,3) and radius root10?
Original post by deedee123
paper two was just absolutely horrendous, the worst my teachers ever seen. there was so many difficult huge markers, totally bamboozled! I think the pass mark will be down, the guy that writes the papers has been trying to get the mark down to 50% 60% 70%

70% for an A??! That's not much of a decrease... considering how hard the calculator was, it should be going down to a 66% at least...

In my school, a guy started crying halfway into the calculator paper. And the maths teachers ran up to us afterwards looking as if they were dreading the worst.
Reply 857
Did anybody else actually find paper one more tricky than paper two? I think the M.C. was the hardest I've ever seen. :frown:
Original post by AspiringVet
Ugh, I got the radius for the circle q, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the centre. So stupid. How did you guys get that?

I found the midpoint of those two co-ordinates (P and Q I think) then got the vector of Midpoint-of-PQ to Circle Centre Number 1. I then 'reversed' the numbers (made positive negative and negative positive) and added that vector onto midpoint-of-PQ
Original post by TheFOMaster
Most of Circle question is me writing to the marker that this is how it works :P.

Did everyone else get the equation to be (x+5)^2 + (y-5)^2 = 40?

I got it as well :biggrin: Although I found the midpoint of PQ and then did similar triangles to find the centre of the left circle

I worked out the radius of the other circle and I knew it was the same as the left one so I just bunged everything into my calculator and boom, 6 marks (or however many marks it was worth)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending