Original post by Theafricanlegend
What did you guys get?

Oh and nutter, same :five: :bl:

I got 87. what did u get?
Reply 382
Original post by Theafricanlegend
What did you guys get?

Oh and nutter, same :five: :bl:

I got 96/100. Rounded one of my answers in correctly on the quadratic question :facepalm:
is there any point in getting maths papers remarked?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 384
Original post by Ahmed.Patel
I did everything identical to the solutions and ended up with 73 ums, i am really confused.
i am thinking of getting the paper remarked unless there was a problem with the solutions.
Any advice?, as i am now Unsuccessful to my firm, as i am 8 ums from an A in maths

one of my friends (who didn't check the solutions by the way) got 74 ums...he spoke to people after the exam and had most answers similar to them and only knew he lost 3 marks which should leave him with above 90 ums

he's going to ask for a copy of his paper and then decide whether to pay for a remark or not...as you are year 13, get a remark instantly!
Reply 385
thought i lost atleast 15marks on the paper but i got 89/100 :smile::colone:

how is that possible? I left the whole vector question un-answered lol
Original post by Mr Tough
one of my friends (who didn't check the solutions by the way) got 74 ums...he spoke to people after the exam and had most answers similar to them and only knew he lost 3 marks which should leave him with above 90 ums

he's going to ask for a copy of his paper and then decide whether to pay for a remark or not...as you are year 13, get a remark instantly!

Thanks for your reply,
I managed to get the remark, and it arrived the next day. No change in UMS.
I have started to come to terms with it, but i will ask to see my paper. Earliest i can request it though is Thursday.
It's still so frustrating, i cant remember exactly how i did when i look back at the solutions now ( since its been a few months ). But i clearly remember when i looked the next day, my paper and answers seemed identical, and i felt more confident about this paper then any i had done previously.
Reply 387
Ok so I requested my M1 back and I only got 1 method mark for Question 1a?

Attached an image of my answer.. how many marks is it worth? (M1, A1, A2)

Thanks so much in advance :smile:

M1 Q1a.png
Reply 388
Original post by Mr Tough

hey sorry i just posted before this one but didnt quote you so you might not see it :-( thanks hehehe
Reply 389
Original post by Callidus

M1 Q1a.png

hey, had a look at it, you have the right answer though? i don't know anything for certain, but wouldn't that merit at least some accuracy marks?! i don't really understand what you've lost marks for, is it for including "g" unnecessarily? potentially it's just a total mismark...if you take a look at arsey's answers on the first post, it's basically the same except you've included "g"...for them to take 3 marks off is reasonably harsh

hope this helps, but i cannot say you will get more marks for certain, they may feel including "g" incorrectly doesn't deserve any accuracy marks, or could just have been a marking error

good luck if you appeal :smile:
Reply 390

M1 Q1a.png

Hey, can I ask when you got the paper did they sent it to your house or to your school?
Still waiting for mine :frown:
Reply 391
Original post by Mouth
Hey, can I ask when you got the paper did they sent it to your house or to your school?
Still waiting for mine :frown:

um i got 3-4 days after i asked for it, they sent me a copy by email haha, good luck getting yours, do you need it in a rush?
i got 90 out of 100 and i was so shocked with what i got for m1
Original post by Extricated 17/05/12

100/100 (16/08/12)
Reply 394
Original post by Extricated
100/100 (16/08/12)

:woo:

M1 Q1a.png

hi, did you get a remark? the same thing happened to me, i got 1 mark for the whole of question one when according to Arsey i shouldve been given 6... Would you be able to let me know if your remark changed anything? Thanks
Reply 396

M1 Q1a.png

Original post by vampireweekend93
hi, did you get a remark? the same thing happened to me, i got 1 mark for the whole of question one when according to Arsey i shouldve been given 6... Would you be able to let me know if your remark changed anything? Thanks

You got 1/3 for that question because you included g when it was unnecessary.

Omission or extra g in a resolution is accuracy error not method error.

Therefore you only got a method mark. For the second part, I can't be sure without seeing your answer.
Hey a bit late but I got 89/100 what is that is raw mark? 70/75 since the grade boundary for an A was 66/75, I looked at Arseys mark scheme and thought I got 71/75 I just want to know if it was 70 or 71 and then I'll know if I didn't put a question to 3 s.f ¬¬
Reply 398
Original post by Groat
You got 1/3 for that question because you included g when it was unnecessary.

Omission or extra g in a resolution is accuracy error not method error.

Therefore you only got a method mark. For the second part, I can't be sure without seeing your answer.

So you're saying that my inclusion of g caused me to drop 2 accuracy marks?
Reply 399
So you're saying that my inclusion of g caused me to drop 2 accuracy marks?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending