The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Charlie!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I was beginning to wonder where you were today...how's life? :smile:
I'm starting tomorrow or on Thursday (stupid books still haven't arrived) :biggrin:

I've been very busy working recently! Not had much chance to come online much :frown: got another busy day tomorrow :frown: I'm leaving the house at 08:00am, and I won't get home till 09:00pm :frown: I will have so much more free time after this weekend! :smile: my books are at my school. I'm going picking them up on Friday :biggrin:

Starting Monday, I'm doing 2 hours 'ish' of Maths Self-Studying each day :smile: Re-capping C1 first (will take a couple of past papers), then finishing off what I don't know in C2 (I know most of it, so that won't take long), then M1 (I know about half of this), then S1 (I know half of this, and the module is short, so it should only take a few days or so), then S2 (very small module. Spend most of my time on hypothesis testing). Then after all those and I'm comfortable with them, I'll begin to look at C3. I'm going to try and persuade my college to let me sit C3&4 in Year 12. :smile: that way, I'll have completed my A-Level in one year.. Leaving lots of time over the next summer to look at all the FP content and prepare for STEP earlier :smile:

How're you anyway? :smile:
Reply 8021
Original post by justanotherindigo
Cool:tongue: I also have a science exam in the morning, then history!
Are you prepared for the exam?:smile:

Pretty much, its just those damn 8 markers which im nervous about, especially the oones where you gotta explain why something happened :s-smilie:
Tomorrow= last exam :frown:

Quite sad actually, everything abruptly landed to a halt. Boy am I going to miss everything about these 2 years :frown:
Original post by UEH
Pretty much, its just those damn 8 markers which im nervous about, especially the oones where you gotta explain why something happened :s-smilie:

I know:frown: Good Luck!
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I've been very busy working recently! Not had much chance to come online much :frown: got another busy day tomorrow :frown: I'm leaving the house at 08:00am, and I won't get home till 09:00pm :frown: I will have so much more free time after this weekend! :smile: my books are at my school. I'm going picking them up on Friday :biggrin:

Starting Monday, I'm doing 2 hours 'ish' of Maths Self-Studying each day :smile: Re-capping C1 first (will take a couple of past papers), then finishing off what I don't know in C2 (I know most of it, so that won't take long), then M1 (I know about half of this), then S1 (I know half of this, and the module is short, so it should only take a few days or so), then S2 (very small module. Spend most of my time on hypothesis testing). Then after all those and I'm comfortable with them, I'll begin to look at C3. I'm going to try and persuade my college to let me sit C3&4 in Year 12. :smile: that way, I'll have completed my A-Level in one year.. Leaving lots of time over the next summer to look at all the FP content and prepare for STEP earlier :smile:

Oh I see :frown: Your job seems to be quite tough :frown:

That's a good idea :smile: I plan on doing C3 and C4 first, and then maybe S1 and M2 :smile: I may also look at D1 if I have the time. I might try to persuade my sixth form to let me take AS further maths next year too, depending on if I get a chance to look at them this summer or not.

I'm good, thanks :smile: I'm currently reading through "In Search of Schrodingers cat" which is quite a good book :smile: You? :smile:
Original post by Fulfill_dreams015
Tomorrow= last exam :frown:

Quite sad actually, everything abruptly landed to a halt. Boy am I going to miss everything about these 2 years :frown:

Aww i can totally relate but my last exam is this Friday, it's best if you revise your hardest now because boy will that 3 month summer feel good:smile:
Original post by lil-mazie
Aww i can totally relate but my last exam is this Friday, it's best if you revise your hardest now because boy will that 3 month summer feel good:smile:

Good luck for Friday! :smile: Yep, catching up on some light reading before my exam tomorrow afternoon!
Oh I see :frown: Your job seems to be quite tough :frown:

That's a good idea :smile: I plan on doing C3 and C4 first, and then maybe S1 and M2 :smile: I may also look at D1 if I have the time. I might try to persuade my sixth form to let me take AS further maths next year too, depending on if I get a chance to look at them this summer or not.

I'm good, thanks :smile: I'm currently reading through "In Search of Schrodingers cat" which is quite a good book :smile: You? :smile:

Sounds good :smile: I'm not looking at D1. It's not really worthit.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm still reading Finding Moonshine - Marcus du Sautoy. It's a slow process when you haven't much time to read! :frown:
Original post by sophiekutie
WOOOO best maths present ever!! :biggrin: LOL
I don't now, I'm looking for something for mine too, she taught me for 3 yrs and will prob teach me in 6th form as well soo I might wait till the end of that to get her something :smile:

LOL If I can find it:wink:
I think that she will like it, but if I don't find it, what should I get instead...:frown:
That's cool! Good luck and let me know what you buy her:biggrin:
Original post by justanotherindigo
LOL If I can find it:wink:
I think that she will like it, but if I don't find it, what should I get instead...:frown:
That's cool! Good luck and let me know what you buy her:biggrin:

Get her chocolate, everyone loves chocolate!! (unless your lactose intolerant) :tongue:
Haha thanks :biggrin:. Same for you! :smile: x
yayayayyayayyayayayayyay finished exams!
Sounds good :smile: I'm not looking at D1. It's not really worthit.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm still reading Finding Moonshine - Marcus du Sautoy. It's a slow process when you haven't much time to read! :frown:

I see :smile: Why isn't D1 worth it? Because if it isn't, then I may not have a look at it either :smile:

Lol I feel sorry for you :frown:
I see :smile: Why isn't D1 worth it? Because if it isn't, then I may not have a look at it either :smile:

Feel sorry for me, I have to incessantly plague him on Skype to speak. :colondollar: He's not really 'working'. I postulate that he's halfway through unraveling the Riemann hypothesis, and is not informing anyone as he wants to maintain his secrecy as an amateur mathematician. :eek:

Any how, Charlie. How's Du Sautoy's book? I was thinking of procuring it later on this Summer ^^.

It is a very small and easy module, and isn't of any interest or benefit to my Mathematical interests - so I don't see the point in looking at it. It is also excruciatingly boring. There are much more importants modules to spend time on in my opinion :smile:

It's fine, I've just read another chapter tonight... Won't be able to read tomorrow I think /: I try to read everyday. Can't wait till next week when I have lots more time!

Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
Feel sorry for me, I have to incessantly plague him on Skype to speak. :colondollar: He's not really 'working'. I postulate that he's halfway through unraveling the Riemann hypothesis, and is not informing anyone as he wants to maintain his secrecy as an amateur mathematician. :eek:

Any how, Charlie. How's Du Sautoy's book? I was thinking of procuring it later on this Summer ^^.

Zak! I told you not to tell anybody! :mad: How dare you inform the Mathematical Community of my current workings without asking my permission beforehand! .....:redface:

The book is a good read. However, I wouldn't say it is as interesting as his other book - The Musics of the Primes. That really was an incredible read. It obviously talks a lot about the life's of a lot of amazing mathematicians - including Riemann himself and his infamous Zeta Function :smile: truly incredible book!
Zak! I told you not to tell anybody! :mad: How dare you inform the Mathematical Community of my current workings without asking my permission beforehand! .....:redface:

The book is a good read. However, I wouldn't say it is as interesting as his other book - The Musics of the Primes. That really was an incredible read. It obviously talks a lot about the life's of a lot of amazing mathematicians - including Riemann himself and his infamous Zeta Function :smile: truly incredible book!

Aha, I see! Thank you. :colondollar:

Hey, sorry to interrupt but you've already learnt AS level Maths? O.o

I was just going to ask how you found the content.. how was it? I need to finalise my A-Levels by this week and am still debating between Maths and Physics (I know they complement each other and all but I'm not doing both since i've decided my other three). So if you could give me any info on how hard
it seemed it would be great :smile:
I'm really struggling with my a level decisions I'm definitely doing maths and chemistry also history but I'm wanting to maybe swap geography for a subsidiary diploma in medical science which is all coursework and then i can concentrate on maths and chemistry but I was thinking if I'm doing chemistry should I really do another science, although medical does focus of particularly biology.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Are you taking A-level Maths as an A-level. I mean obviously you are, but actually in class. Surely by doing this, you're going to feel so frustrated if you are going to do lessons?

Do you know of any good resources for teaching OCR c1? Want to get a head start before college. Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by metaltron
Are you taking A-level Maths as an A-level. I mean obviously you are, but actually in class. Surely by doing this, you're going to feel so frustrated if you are going to do lessons?

I'm assuming that the lessons in class will merely act as revision. He will not have to complete any set homework because he'd have already done it :tongue:. Provides him with extra time to study his other subjects/more maths. :smile:

Latest