The Student Room Group

CF vs TS vs Audit

Input from a range of people on the following Big 4 graduate schemes would be appreciated:
1) Corporate Finance
2) Transaction Services (Financial Due Diligence)
3) Audit

Obviously, Corporate Finance divsion will be highest paid, plus Transaction Services pay is very similar to Audit (identical in PwC). But i'm not looking at this solely from a monetary POV. Also i'm aware of other facts that hours are in general highest in CF and lowest in Audit.

I've left this question very open with little direction set on purpose. Feedback and discussion from a wide range of perspectives would be great.
Reply 1
kaplan
Input from a range of people on the following Big 4 graduate schemes would be appreciated:
1) Corporate Finance
2) Transaction Services (Financial Due Diligence)
3) Audit

Obviously, Corporate Finance divsion will be highest paid, plus Transaction Services pay is very similar to Audit (identical in PwC). But i'm not looking at this solely from a monetary POV. Also i'm aware of other facts that hours are in general highest in CF and lowest in Audit.

I've left this question very open with little direction set on purpose. Feedback and discussion from a wide range of perspectives would be great.

In terms of audit; firstly the hours can be long, and especially so in the busy season (i.e. currently with year ends). Also, many people do audit for the 3 years to gain the ACA before moving off; if you are looking for a wide range of industry experience, then you are best to try for a regional office where you will work on a variety of clients, rather than just a few, which is often the case with London (for instance, getting stuck on the ITV audit).
Reply 2
At KPMG, grad scheme, TS pays better than CF which pats better than tax (i think) which pays better than audit. Not much in it, but there is a bit of variation.

Even within Audit, the hours vary. Guys in FS are working a lot of 2am-ers (apparently) and those in public sector are managing a much nicer 9.00-5.30 on the same money! It also varies over the year. Busy season (now) is harder work than July, for example.

Getting stcuk on a client also depends on what sector you go into (london speciifc, regional offices are broader based). Get into FS and you might spend half/all your time at one the client you're on. Go into ICE and you might have a lot more smaller ones. Or get lumbered with a big 'un!

Grad schemes? You'll be doing work a 5 year old could do for the first 1.5 years, no matter where you go. zzz. ;-)
Reply 3
Aren't the divisions a bit too vague as there is large variance in pay within divisions. Wouldn't something like the strategy group pay more than middle markets for example?

Latest

Trending

Trending