Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Personal Higher Predictions for August?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belaruce)
    Say if the entry is ABBB for a course, would a combination such as AABC be considered? I don't know how uni's filter through applications, do they look at tarrif points?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Yeah that would be considered.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveToSki)
    It was such a hard exam
    , i hated the essay questions
    I was failing the class the whole year, narrowly passing the NABs and got 24% in the prelim , but I found the exam not to be as hard as I expected! Hopefully a C.

I liked the neurotransmitter essay and the body temperature ones. :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belaruce)
    Say if the entry is ABBB for a course, would a combination such as AABC be considered? I don't know how uni's filter through applications, do they look at tarrif points?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    ABBB is what I need for Stirling Uni. Although I only sat 3 Higher's this year So I hope if I apply with a ABC, they might consider me as a student. I've heard that Stirling and most uni's are big on the Personal Statements, so bulk that up!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    AH History: B/A
    H Spanish is tomorrow, but hopefully a B/A
    H Politics is the 6th... C/B...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Higher English A/B (does anybody else find it really hard to guess??)
    Higher Chemistry A
    Higher RMPS A
    Higher Maths B (was predicted at an A1... no chance now! )
    Higher Physics A/B (genuinely no idea which)
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstyhr)
    Higher English A/B (does anybody else find it really hard to guess??)
    Higher Chemistry A
    Higher RMPS A
    Higher Maths B (was predicted at an A1... no chance now! )
    Higher Physics A/B (genuinely no idea which)
    For Standard Grade English I left the exam hall thinking I got a 1/1/3(Reading/Writing/Speaking) got a 4/3/3 :P English has to be the most unpredictable subject ever
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    For Standard Grade English I left the exam hall thinking I got a 1/1/3(Reading/Writing/Speaking) got a 4/3/3 :P English has to be the most unpredictable subject ever
    It's horrible! I have a gut feeling that the person marking my essays won't like my style of writing. And they weren't exactly long either... only like 4 pages each. :/
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    AAAAB, hopefully, think it might well end up being AAABB.

Subjects, all Higher, are (in order of grades above) : Maths, History, Modern Studies, English and Physics.

Really need an A in English, but as said before, it's the most unpredictable subject you can sit, think I've done okay on the CR, might drop quite a bit on the essay's but hopefully will make it for that with the folio
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    English - A/B
    History - A/B
    Modern Studies - A

If I had stayed in the Human Biology course I would have definitely completely failed! I guess we'll just have to wait and see with the rest of my Highers :rolleyes:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible! I have a gut feeling that the person marking my essays won't like my style of writing. And they weren't exactly long either... only like 4 pages each. :/
    Oh wow. My Int.2 Essays we're like a page or 2 and a half. Stupid English being needed for teaching >.>
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    Oh wow. My Int.2 Essays we're like a page or 2 and a half. Stupid English being needed for teaching >.>
    Aww, think positive! The person who marks yours might love your way of writing this time round. You never know. I think the main reason that the length of my essays makes me feel worse because I have friends who write crazy long ones... I hope I haven't made you feel worse.

I hate needing certain grades for certain courses! Any chance I had of getting into Pharmacy have probably been shot to hell because of the lovely higher maths exam this year.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aww, think positive! The person who marks yours might love your way of writing this time round. You never know. I think the main reason that the length of my essays makes me feel worse because I have friends who write crazy long ones... I hope I haven't made you feel worse.

I hate needing certain grades for certain courses! Any chance I had of getting into Pharmacy have probably been shot to hell because of the lovely higher maths exam this year.
    If they can read my handwriting... I've been stricken with an English teachers worst nightmare which is the handwriting of a spider crawling over a page. Good thing for other subjects I can slow down and make it semi-neat.

Yeah I know, I really really don't want to be sitting next year with conditionals for my courses so I'm aiming High at 4 A's and hoping I can write a Master Personal Statement.

4A's though... Maths and Chemistry :'(
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A - Graphics (definitely 100% got that)
    A/B - Int 2 English (exam went great surprisingly)
    A/B - Art (couldn't have done any better but Art's all opinion so anything could happen)
    B - Maths (definitely got a B but hopefully scrape an A)
    B - Physics (praying that I get a B!!)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    AH History - Almost certainly got a B, hoping for an A
    H Modern Studies - Almost certainly got an A, hope so anyway!
    H Maths - Going by marking schemes then I'm sitting on the border between A and B
    H English - Think I definitely passed, hoping for a B

I need two H A's to get into Glasgow so I am hopeful that I've made that condition. Also need a B for Strathclyde which I think I almost certainly achieved. Let the countdown begin
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    H English - Quite confident about getting a B, I would be really pleased with that.
    H Maths - The last 2/3 questions on paper 2 were really difficult, but I really hope I did enough for an A!
    H Chemistry & Human Biology - I am quite confident about getting an A for both of them, I am quite a science based person
    H Computing - Since the pass mark for an A is only 63% (132/200) for the past 4 years, I feel confident I can get that because I got 42/60 in my coursework, so I can drop around 50 marks in the exam and still get an A.

I felt quite confident about all of my exams as a whole, but I hope I'm not being overly confident! I want to get into Medicine at either Aberdeen or Glasgow university! :')
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akmeeda)
    If all goes well:

H Business Management: A
    H RMPS: A
    H Psychology: B
    Int 2 Spanish: C

Need the C in Int 2 Spanish as a minimum requirement for Edinburgh uni.
    Do you mind me asking what course it is? As you don't normally see an Int 2 Grade as a Conditional.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah Geography- A/B (teachers liked my folio and the exam went wellish but my folio could get mark by a horrible person)
    Ah Graph Comm.- A (if I don't get that I will cry, only needed 24/80 in the exam because of my projects)
    H modern- C/D (absolute disaster of an exam, had no clue how to answer the America question, so I did Africa without being taught it)

But also I got an unconditional so I slightly stopped caring about modern after the prelims. But I would still liked to have done well in it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    H Psychology A
    H Human Biology A
    H Geography A/B (B is more likely...)
    H English B
    H Modern Studies B

I would love the above! We'll see though... :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisoncraig)
    Ah Geography- A/B (teachers liked my folio and the exam went wellish but my folio could get mark by a horrible person)
    Ah Graph Comm.- A (if I don't get that I will cry, only needed 24/80 in the exam because of my projects)
    H modern- C/D (absolute disaster of an exam, had no clue how to answer the America question, so I did Africa without being taught it)

But also I got an unconditional so I slightly stopped caring about modern after the prelims. But I would still liked to have done well in it
    :eek:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.