The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Exams all done :excited:
Renovating room these days (sort of) - I've got a sofa :cool:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yep! AQA A. I am not worried about this exam too much though as I only need a D to get an A* lool.

How did you find the listening, assuming you did it this month?

Yeah I thought the listening was harder than any of the past papers I've done, but it wasn't too bad :smile: yourself?
Name: Lordbradburn
GCSEs (Subjects):Maths, Triple science, Law
Predictions:4A* 1B
A-Levels: Maths, FM, chemistry, physics
Results:
Maths: A
English:A
Law: A* (:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)
Biology: B
Chemistry: A
Physics: A*
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by thatgirlbecky
Yeah I thought the listening was harder than any of the past papers I've done, but it wasn't too bad :smile: yourself?

Well I didn't do any coming up tp the exam (we had done them all in class) and I thought it was a fairly standard paper - not compared to past papers but just what I would expect from such an exam.

Don't worry though; most of my year came out crying at how hard they thought it was!!
German reading and Sociology, both at the same time on Wednesday morning. >.<

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 425
Original post by GreenLantern1
Same GUYS!

I have German Reading on wednesday... what about yourselveS?

Original post by thatgirlbecky
same! what have you got left? :biggrin:

I've got geographical decisions on Monday, so happy it's all over (well until I have to resit all my sciences in January :colondollar:, and the rest of my exams in year 11, but I'm just going to forget about them for now :P)

German, I always thought that looked so hard from my friends that do it. At least the reading papers can't be ruined by someone having a coughing fit so you miss the tape- my biggest exam fear!
(edited 11 years ago)
Name: Julia

Subjects: Eng lit, Eng lang, Maths, Additional Maths, physics, chemistry, biology, french, latin, classical greek, music, drama, Religious Studies.

Predictions: Mainly A stars, but As for greek, french, drama and latin. Then A/B for additional maths - it doesn't have an A star because it's AS stuff. Did music last year and got an A star.

I'm not doing A Levels next year, but I'm doing IB - Higher Levels in Chemistry, Biology and Latin, and standard level Philosophy, English and Maths. Then do music A Level alongside
Name: Alexander

Subjects: English Lit, Lang, Maths, Add.Maths, Triple Science, French, Chinese, Economics, History, RS
Predictions: Something like 9A*s and 2As? RS and Biology? Not gonna waste the summer expending time/energy over every minute detail, all will be revealed in time :P

Saying that, though, I'll probably want to be sedated on the day.
Name: Hasan
GCSE's: English Lit, English Lang, Maths Linked Pair (2 GCSE's), Triple Science, RS, History, Geography, PE, ICT, French
Predictions: 2 A*'s, 8 A's, 2 B's and a C
Results: Don't know! Am i worried? :no:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC ChaCha A810e
Reply 429
Original post by Chlomc
Actually the mark scheme for most English GCSE exams/coursework A* means no spelling or grammar mistakes, while A mean little/few spelling or grammar mistakes...

Not true.
Reply 430
Original post by Chlomc
Actually the mark scheme for most English GCSE exams/coursework A* means no spelling or grammar mistakes, while A mean little/few spelling or grammar mistakes...

I said arrogance would lead to not taking others views to account due to the fact arrogant people consider themselves superior therefore they would consider there own ideas Superior even if they are wrong

I got 68/70 and I can't spell, 65% of the time can't use correct grammar in the right circumstance and my hand writing is pretty awful (hence the laptop being used.)
In English an A* is about your ideas and really looking into them deeply, that's why it is fairer. I think only a couple of marks are put aside for spelling/grammar/handwriting while it's more about content :smile:
Reply 431
Name: Username says it all
GCSE:Maths,Physics,Biology,Chemistry,History,Geography,RE,Drama,English Language,English Literature
Extra ****:Additional Maths (a free standing course) for those who have done maths early. Set1 do Additonal maths and set 2 do Statistics.
Predictions(MY OWN PREDICTIONS):2-5 A*, 3-4As,1-2Bs something like that and A/B for additonal maths as I floped it because I was not in the mood but could maybe even get a C.
Achieved Already: Maths A* Physics A
A levels:Maths,Further Maths,Physics,Economics
oh yh and does anyone know any good physics websites which are free as I wanted to start As level physics but am not really shore how to. I thought I could start with remembering the symbols and all the formulas which shouldn't be hard but was not sure on were to get the resources to revise online from. Any resources for any of those A levels would be nice however Maths I already have but more would be nice. I am planning to buy the ocr book for physics in a months time but I am eager to get cracking as I have too much spare time and want to do really well so I want to start now. And how the **** is everyone predicting so many A* I feel so stupid....
English literature is interesting and you can still get an A* with grammer and spelling errors. I failed on my exam due to bad timing and did not do very well in lord of the flies but believe to have done better on Mice Of Men.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Parente
How is that funny? I am not predicted any A*s, only A's and B's. I dont pay for education, I go to a crappy state school, and to be honest, I am dam glad my parents dont have the money! Wouldn't want to end up like something similar to you who laughs at people who have a worse education. Grades aren't everything in this world.

How do you know that I don't pay for education, just like you? Calm down. I am predicted A's and B's too, but I know I tried my best in my exams and that's all I can do. And no, I am not laughing at people who have a 'worse education'. And what do you mean by a 'WORSE EDUCATION'? No matter if you go to a state or private school, under-performing or not, I am proud of those who try their best in their exams and if they get B's and C's by trying their best then I am happy for them. But if someone didn't try and didn't put the effort in, then I can't say that they did an amazing job. So it doesn't matter if you get A's, B's and c's really, because it's what you do with your grades and you know if you truly deserve those grades or not. Not me. So don't take it the wrong way. :smile:

Also, I think you need to remember the old phrase:

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say ANYTHING. That is all.
Good luck everybody :smile:
Reply 434
GCSEs: English (lang and lit), maths, physics, bio, chem, history, geo, class civ and spanish
A levels: German
prediced: all As and A*s i think :s-smilie:
Already achieved: German A* at GCSE and A at AS

I'm very worried about results atm. I go to a very high achieving school where about 15-20 out of 140 people get all A*s every year, and 100% get all A*-C grades. I've done my best but i'm really not sure if its good enough because i haven't come out of any exam totally happy with what i've done and i'll be so devistated if i don't get the results i want, especially in Maths, History and German, given i've worked so hard. Anyone else very worried?
(edited 11 years ago)
Name: Charlotte
GCSEs (Subjects): English lit+lang, Maths, Triple award science, Drama, Art, French, ICT short course and Ethics(RS)
Predictions: All A*/A :s-smilie: Hoping for 5/6 A* and the rest A
A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Politics

I'm also quite nervous about results day as I go to a school where they put an enormous amount of pressure on you(Grammar school!).
Also I'm curious, did anyone else find Art a huge waste of time? Of course it's all down to personal opinion, but on the exam board I'm on I felt like we weren't allowed to explore our own styles at all, and had to constantly work in the style of other artists which limited me a lot (and I must've spent hours looking for the right artists to use ):< )
Reply 436
I am excited about results day but not worried. How comes your worried charlotte? I belieave GCSEs is all about learning skills not about grades so you should not worry about it as you have most probably tried hard.
Did anyone do weimar Germany,international Relations and unit3? if so how hard did you find the exams and what do you expect from it as I totally did not expect that mccarthy would come up and did not do any revision for it apart from civil rights which screwed me up but lucky that exam was source based
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sayed1996
I am excited about results day but not worried. How comes your worried charlotte? I belieave GCSEs is all about learning skills not about grades so you should not worry about it as you have most probably tried hard.

I want to be a vet, and I'm worried I won't get good enough grades or things like that. Silly worry, I know, but I'm a natural worrier :P I'm slightly excited, but only so it's out of the way (if that makes sense!)
Reply 438
Original post by CharlotteJones96
Name: Charlotte
GCSEs (Subjects): English lit+lang, Maths, Triple award science, Drama, Art, French, ICT short course and Ethics(RS)
Predictions: All A*/A :s-smilie: Hoping for 5/6 A* and the rest A
A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Politics

I'm also quite nervous about results day as I go to a school where they put an enormous amount of pressure on you(Grammar school!).
Also I'm curious, did anyone else find Art a huge waste of time? Of course it's all down to personal opinion, but on the exam board I'm on I felt like we weren't allowed to explore our own styles at all, and had to constantly work in the style of other artists which limited me a lot (and I must've spent hours looking for the right artists to use ):< )

ahh this is so relieving i feel exactly the same. I'm looking for similar grades to yours and i'm also nervous for the same reason :O i hope you get your grades! brave one doing chem and bio haha :smile: but snap for maths and politics- im really excited for politics!
Original post by cheekyc99
ahh this is so relieving i feel exactly the same. I'm looking for similar grades to yours and i'm also nervous for the same reason :O i hope you get your grades! brave one doing chem and bio haha :smile: but snap for maths and politics- im really excited for politics!

Oh yay, it's nice to know there's others in a similar situation! I hope you also get the grades you're aiming for :biggrin: I have no doubt you will! Yeah I can't wait for politics, it'll be my first time doing it as we weren't offered it at GCSE (I think they're starting to offer it in more schools now though!) It's definitely going to be a hard couple of years with chemistry and biology but I am determined to do as well as I can! :| What else are you doing?

Latest