The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by foreverstrong_97
Awww NOO don't say that Everyone has skiil if your predicited a B then you'l get your good that means :cool:
I know right!! :biggrin: Loool GOOOD!!! what do you think your gonna get??? :cool::wink::biggrin:
I know right, you know section 3 of the coursework, my teacher made me word process it becuase it was too small for her to read :rolleyes:
SOOO ANYONING !!!

I'm terrible at some things... Good at others... Like pencil work.. I think I'll get a B :redface: if I got an A that'd mean 11 A*s and 4 As hopefully! :biggrin:
I love science coursework!! It's so good! Section three is the best :wink: why as your writing small? Trying to fit it into the tiny space?
I normally, check on the school systems... B-)
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I'm terrible at some things... Good at others... Like pencil work.. I think I'll get a B :redface: if I got an A that'd mean 11 A*s and 4 As hopefully! :biggrin:
I love science coursework!! It's so good! Section three is the best :wink: why as your writing small? Trying to fit it into the tiny space?
I normally, check on the school systems... B-)

That means yo have got talent!! pshh about you havent go skil :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to get 6 A* and 4 A's if I do my maths in November then an extra 7 A* hopefully !! ............ but yeah Currently teachers are looking at me getting 3 A*'s 4 A's and 3 B'S :frown:

I didn't mind it but we were rushed had to do it in 1 week and we didnt even have practice :rolleyes::angry:
yeah you could say that :cool::biggrin::wink:
Lucky I don't think they recorded it, they just gave it away :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to get 6 A* and 4 A's if I do my maths in November then an extra 7 A* hopefully !! ............ but yeah Currently teachers are looking at me getting 3 A*'s 4 A's and 3 B'S :frown:

I didn't mind it but we were rushed had to do it in 1 week and we didnt even have practice :rolleyes::angry:

No talent in art! :'( I'm sure you'll get double their predictions! :biggrin: then you can be like " HA! In your face, I told you!!!"
Ah, we generally take ages on it!! Even more than a month ;') I did mine when NO ONE in my year was in school :awesome: because I did my work experience a week early!
They give such a small space, I end up using a whole side of A4 to continue each question :rolleyes:
Aah, they put ours onto Sims.. Which is our register which has all data! :biggrin:
No talent in art! :'( I'm sure you'll get double their predictions! :biggrin: then you can be like " HA! In your face, I told you!!!"
Ah, we generally take ages on it!! Even more than a month ;') I did mine when NO ONE in my year was in school :awesome: because I did my work experience a week early!
They give such a small space, I end up using a whole side of A4 to continue each question :rolleyes:
Aah, they put ours onto Sims.. Which is our register which has all data! :biggrin:

Awww thaknk you!! Yh when I get my science result which is hopefully gonna be a A* :wink: I can prove to my science teacher that I am CAPABLE !!1 hE thought I was gonna get a B/C, he even asked me whether im doing foundation or higher in parents evening < is he stuppid:angry: < prick ( btw i have two science teachers one of them should get fired or i might kil him the other one is nicer she is strict but she can teach1!!:rolleyes:

yh same we use sims but she didnt tell me our results .... probably didnt want to tell us...... i got a gllimpse though when i had to rewrite it on word :biggrin: it was a
:tongue: :biggrin: she didnt mark the last two becuase I had to write it up :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Awww thaknk you!! Yh when I get my science result which is hopefully gonna be a A* :wink: I can prove to my science teacher that I am CAPABLE !!1 hE thought I was gonna get a B/C, he even asked me whether im doing foundation or higher in parents evening < is he stuppid:angry: < prick ( btw i have two science teachers one of them should get fired or i might kil him the other one is nicer she is strict but she can teach1!!:rolleyes:

yh same we use sims but she didnt tell me our results .... probably didnt want to tell us...... i got a gllimpse though when i had to rewrite it on word :biggrin: it was a
:tongue: :biggrin: she didnt mark the last two becuase I had to write it up :biggrin:

I'll reply.to this on the year ten thread where we're having our other conversation... :tongue:
I'll reply.to this on the year ten thread where we're having our other conversation... :tongue:

LOOOL ok :tongue:
Original post by Sam_Coburn
You have as good a chance as anyone....To be honest with you, GCSS's don't count for anything... Only to get you on to A-Levels.

As long as you get excellent A-Levels and plenty of voluntary work in a hospital setting and actually demonstrate your interested in it... Your be fine :smile:

Actually, most universities looking at medicine do look at GCSEs. Some even have requirements such as 5 A*s. This is both to demonstrate that the applicant is fairly well rounded, and also because good GCSE results and A levels are proof of the ability to work hard over a long period of time as opposed to just putting in the effort at A level.

Having said that, the government is thinking of making it so that if you go to a poor school, the results that are the entrance requirements will be lowered to match this. Some universities don't say specifically how well you should do at GCSE but almost all for medicine look at them.
Reply 787
Original post by Glitch96
seems everyone at my school that wants a good job says scientist or doctor... anyone aiming for the law? :confused:

I do want to become a barrister and one day QC

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Steroidsman123
Actually, most universities looking at medicine do look at GCSEs. Some even have requirements such as 5 A*s. This is both to demonstrate that the applicant is fairly well rounded, and also because good GCSE results and A levels are proof of the ability to work hard over a long period of time as opposed to just putting in the effort at A level.

Having said that, the government is thinking of making it so that if you go to a poor school, the results that are the entrance requirements will be lowered to match this. Some universities don't say specifically how well you should do at GCSE but almost all for medicine look at them.

As far as I know of, it's only Birmingham that have a minimum number of A*s at GCSE required for medicine :smile:
Reply 789
Anybody else starting to panic?
Reply 790
The gcse period has permanently ruined my hand writing before it was very neat but it took too long to write

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 791

Just to clarify... this is the new spec isnt it??
if it isnt dont pay attention to anything below..
lol

I do same examining board as you, n i noticed that my teachers were just gna jump right into it ,,,,
so i read through the specification and found atleast 5/6 things that they were gna skip and **mess up** on..

so aftr complainn we did do a practice one then the real,, but we still havent the real CAT ,,, so we finish it after the six weeks..
also did you guys grab a copy of*** section H from the candidate guidlines *** <--- saved my ass in the first 2 tasks since its got all the info you need on there..
Original post by ryanb97
lol

I do same examining board as you, n i noticed that my teachers were just gna jump right into it ,,,,
so i read through the specification and found atleast 5/6 things that they were gna skip and **mess up** on..

so aftr complainn we did do a practice one then the real,, but we still havent the real CAT ,,, so we finish it after the six weeks..
also did you guys grab a copy of*** section H from the candidate guidlines *** <--- saved my ass in the first 2 tasks since its got all the info you need on there..

Yeah, it's the new specification for us :smile: do you need any help? :tongue:
Reply 793
Name: Jord1995
GCSEs (Subjects): English Language, English Literature, Maths, Science, Additional Science, History, Geography, ICT, Business, Philosophy & Ethics
Predictions: 6 A*, 4 A, 1 B
A-Levels: English Lit, History, Economics, Psychology
Results: English Lang A*, Maths B, Science A* ICT A*A

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ryanb97
lol

Heyy! :biggrin: Yeah it is the new spec are you doing triple science or double science?? :tongue: Im doing double science shabad is doing triple science :tongue:

We done our controlled assessment within a week or so because we had a deadline we had to finish it by:frown:
Yeah we did get the ** section H for the candidate guidelines** < they had to give it to us...... Yeah I read the specification and they also said that we were meant to have a practice but our school never did :s-smilie:

How did yours go?? :tongue:
Heyy! :biggrin: Yeah it is the new spec are you doing triple science or double science?? :tongue: Im doing double science shabad is doing triple science :tongue:

We done our controlled assessment within a week or so because we had a deadline we had to finish it by:frown:
Yeah we did get the ** section H for the candidate guidelines** < they had to give it to us...... Yeah I read the specification and they also said that we were meant to have a practice but our school never did :s-smilie:

How did yours go?? :tongue:

Shadab* :biggrin: I did both courseworks as well, so core (it doesn't count anymore) and the chemistry so far... So I have Biology and physics left
:tongue:
Shadab* :biggrin: I did both courseworks as well, so core (it doesn't count anymore) and the chemistry so far... So I have Biology and physics left
:tongue:

Ohh sorry I type fast so must have wrote it wrong!! :colondollar::rolleyes:
And yeah.... My school done their chemistry too they were doing it on the last day!! of school :wink::tongue:
Reply 797
Who else has done ocr fsmq additional maths? Do we get the results on GCSE results day or A-Level results day?
Ohh sorry I type fast so must have wrote it wrong!! :colondollar::rolleyes:
And yeah.... My school done their chemistry too they were doing it on the last day!! of school :wink::tongue:

Shadab, shadab, shadab :biggrin: write it out three times (on the year ten thread) same... But not last day, last week... All alone... (reply on.other thread)
Reply 799
Original post by _georgiee
Who else has done ocr fsmq additional maths? Do we get the results on GCSE results day or A-Level results day?

It's technically released on A-Level results day, but I imagine most will not bother picking a single result up, so it will be with your GCSEs.

Latest