The Student Room Group

Revision: Max hours you are able to work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AspiringGenius
Sugar, spice, everything nice.

And chemical X :biggrin:

sorry, coulkdn't resist!

I take it you're bubbles then (=

lol
It's not about how much time you spend, it's more about how comfortable you are with the material (depending on subject of course) and how capable you are of answering exam questions. You could spend 5 hours a day for weeks before exams and still get Cs and Ds but also you could just do about an hour or so a day for the entire second half of the year so that when revision time comes you have already done enough and you can just breeze through it whilst everyone else panics and puts in like 4-5 hours a day.
Reply 22
Original post by thegodofgod
Being honest here, I don't think I've revised for more than 1 hour a day for an exam, ever...

I just don't have the concentration needed to sit in one place and work... :sadnod:

Which is very weird, as my concentration at school is infinitely better :yes:

yep same here.....
But last minute I can work throughout the whole day
going about 3-4 hours without a break
About 5-7 hours but I actually only revise for about 2 hours due to procrastination :redface:
Original post by 007Shella
I take it you're bubbles then (=

lol

No I'm more like Buttercup :colone: She was my favorite!
Reply 25
No I'm more like Buttercup :colone: She was my favorite!

lol I was always blossom, because I have always had long and well... I'm smart too

Buttercup was a passive aggressive =O
Just kidding =P
She had attitude maynn
lol I was always blossom, because I have always had long and well... I'm smart too

Buttercup was a passive aggressive =O
Just kidding =P
She had attitude maynn

Blossom is more a sensible leader, while if Buttercup was in charge, everybodies arses would be kicked. :biggrin:
Reply 27
at the moment i'm probably doing 1-2 hours a day but before the exams (first one is the 12th) I won't sleep and get a good 20+ hours in. i've always found cramming and then instantly forgetting the best way to do exams so from GCSE onwards I've just taken it easy then smashed it for the 2 or 3 days before.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by buildalegohouse
So I've promised myself that I'm going to go all out with revision this week and try to bump up my hours. Typically, I manage around 4-5 a day, but I'm aiming for 6-7.

How long are you able to work before you your brain turns to mush? I'm interested to know how many hours people do each day, and how frequent breaks are.
Oh, and if anyone has any experiences of an all nighter of revision, please share! :P

(This is at the point where I'm in the middle of my AS exams).
-Wake up at around 8:15
-Begin work at around 8:30, till around 11:30 with little/no breaks in-between
-Eat lunch and have a break (Often go for short jog to reduce energy levels)
-Begin work around 12:30 for 1 hour
-Have 15 - 20 minute break
-(1:50) continue to work for an hour, followed by another 15 - 20 minute break.
And the cycle continues, though as the day progresses I find the time I am able to work decreases till I do about 45 minutes of work and have half hour breaks.

I was doing this for about 5/6 days straight, and eventually it became almost unbearable. But I had no choice because I wanted to do well.
+ This is the 'ideal' pattern I had in mind. I doubt every day was quite as bad as I just made it, plus one day I was very tired and only managed a few hours.
EDIT - what's more, the most probable reason why people can't stomach doing more than an hour is because they have the wrong mindset - it's kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy; you'll have to force yourself to endure, say 1:30 hours of revision, and let it become a routine thing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by don_lad_
at the moment i'm probably doing 1-2 hours a day but before the exams (first one is the 12th) I won't sleep and get a good 20+ hours in. i've always found cramming and then instantly forgetting the best way to do exams so from GCSE onwards I've just taken it easy then smashed it for the 2 or 3 days before.

Any money on that being a complete lie.
Reply 30
Blossom is more a sensible leader, while if Buttercup was in charge, everybodies arses would be kicked. :biggrin:

lol yep violence would be the only answer
Unless it's for an exam which I'm completely unprepared for, I barely ever do more than 3 hours a day :smile: . That said, when I seriously need to cram I can go for about 6 hours :yawn:
These numbers are actually pretty low in comparison to what my expectations for the average TSRian were :tongue:

I mean, there's a "50 hours of revision a week" thread, :colonhash:
lol yep violence would be the only answer

It really is. :biggrin:
Original post by NightBear
These numbers are actually pretty low in comparison to what my expectations for the average TSRian were :tongue:

I mean, there's a "50 hours of revision a week" thread, :colonhash:

There should be a "169 hours of revision a week thread" :rolleyes:
It's not about how long you revise, but how well you revise.
:lolwut: in this heat I'm struggling with 15 minutes?! :nooo:
Simple. I temporarily brainwashed myself into believing that KitKat Chunkys give me revision superpowers, then I ate one and revised until the sun went down. Then I spent a good 10 minutes convincing myself that it was all me, and KitKat Chunkys weren't involved. I thus managed to make myself believe that I could work for hours without external influences, and now I know that I actually can. However, I have since decided that I can't be bothered, and tend to go to sleep.
Reply 38
I try to do four sessions of 1.5 hours each, with a 30 minute break in between.
Reply 39
5-30ish hours (depends how many modules). Usually have to learn the whole module course because I can't learn **** in classes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending