The Student Room Group

What happens if I don't sit this exam?

I have the first part of my A-Level Sociology exam coming up in 2 weeks (media, and then crime and deviance a week after that). I have missed so much lesson time over the past school year due to illness (I have Crohn's disease) I don't know how on earth I'm going to sit it! I'm stressing out about it so much, I'm making myself ill again... I've spoke to the head of my college and he insists that I just go in and sit the exam anyway, despite missing so much and having done NO revision what-so-ever yet due to illness. But he said, if I do that badly I can come back for a 3rd year instead of having a gap year (I haven't applied for Uni this year because of illness, and am looking to apply for drama school), which I wouldn't mind! So my dilemma is, which I need help with... Do I just cram in as much revision as I possibly can in 2 weeks, and just sit the exam and come out with a rubbish grade (predicted an A)? OR do I just not sit it and stay at home? What do I tell the school then 'cause they're expecting me to sit it. Do I just say I'm ill and not do it, or what?
Thanks for any help you can offer :smile:
EDIT: Also, if I don't sit the media part of the exam, will they still make me sit crime and deviance?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by DramaGeek
I have the first part of my A-Level Sociology exam coming up in 2 weeks (media, and then crime and deviance a week after that). I have missed so much lesson time over the past school year due to illness (I have Crohn's disease) I don't know how on earth I'm going to sit it! I'm stressing out about it so much, I'm making myself ill again... I've spoke to the head of my college and he insists that I just go in and sit the exam anyway, despite missing so much and having done NO revision what-so-ever yet due to illness. But he said, if I do that badly I can come back for a 3rd year instead of having a gap year (I haven't applied for Uni this year because of illness, and am looking to apply for drama school), which I wouldn't mind! So my dilemma is, which I need help with... Do I just cram in as much revision as I possibly can in 2 weeks, and just sit the exam and come out with a rubbish grade (predicted an A)? OR do I just not sit it and stay at home? What do I tell the school then 'cause they're expecting me to sit it. Do I just say I'm ill and not do it, or what?
Thanks for any help you can offer :smile:

It's too late for anyone to get a refund so you might as well give it a go. You might surprise yourself. However, if you don't go to an exam do give the exams officer and the other candidates the courtesy of telling the school so they don't have to sit and wait for you when you aren't turning up.

Quick Reply

Latest