The Student Room Group

Employment at KFC 16 year olds

Ok so I just got an email from KFC, this is how it's read:

Thank you for your application

Noorul,

Thanks again for applying for a position with KFC, voted one of the UK's Great Places to Work.

We have good news!

Your qualifications and experience match our requirements and your application has been passed to the Manager of the Restaurant to which you have applied. They will contact you in the next week if they have something suitable.

We wish you luck with the next phase of your application with KFC!

KFC Recruitment Team

Does this mean that I'm in KFC now?? And anyone who has been employed by KFC, did you get the same email?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noorul87

Your qualifications and experience match our requirements and your application has been passed to the Manager of the Restaurant to which you have applied. They will contact you in the next week if they have something suitable.

It says your application will be passed onto the manager, which means its in his hands whether to give you the job or not
Reply 2
Original post by pouryia
It says your application will be passed onto the manager, which means its in his hands whether to give you the job or not

If I managed to get past the recruitment team, do you think I'll be able to get past the store manager? It's going to be my first ever job and I'm 16 about to leave school on 15 june 2012. Thnx for the reply btw. :wink:
Reply 3
I want to work in KFC is it any good?
If I managed to get past the recruitment team, do you think I'll be able to get past the store manager? It's going to be my first ever job and I'm 16 about to leave school on 15 june 2012. Thnx for the reply btw. :wink:

Yeah you most probably will :smile: Good luck :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by pouryia
Yeah you most probably will :smile: Good luck :wink:

Thnx
Ok so I just got an email from KFC, this is how it's read:

Thank you for your application

Noorul,

Thanks again for applying for a position with KFC, voted one of the UK's Great Places to Work.

We have good news!

We wish you luck with the next phase of your application with KFC!

KFC Recruitment Team

Does this mean that I'm in KFC now?? And anyone who has been employed by KFC, did you get the same email?

I applied to KFC twice, using the same application both times. Both times I got that email but I didn't get the job on the first application as there was no spaces; I'm now employed with them but it's for a new KFC, so it really does depend on if there is any spaces - I hope there is for you :smile:
Original post by lil-mazie
I want to work in KFC is it any good?

Yes it is :smile: Finger lickin' good in fact :wink: It's a nice variety of things to do and the people are generally amazing :smile:
Any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by deadlypepperpot
I applied to KFC twice, using the same application both times. Both times I got that email but I didn't get the job on the first application as there was no spaces; I'm now employed with them but it's for a new KFC, so it really does depend on if there is any spaces - I hope there is for you :smile:

Yes it is :smile: Finger lickin' good in fact :wink: It's a nice variety of things to do and the people are generally amazing :smile:
Any questions feel free to ask :smile:

I want to work there too, i finish school on the 22nd, should i just apply even though i'm 16??
I want to work there too, i finish school on the 22nd, should i just apply even though i'm 16??

Hi Liz, Is your father called Dave and your Mother called Grace? I may know you
Reply 9
Original post by I likewinegums
Hi Liz, Is your father called Dave and your Mother called Grace? I may know you

WTF???
WTF???

I know a girl whose name is Liz Mckenzie and is just about ot leave school, she has parents , a father named Dave and a Mother named grace
Reply 11
Original post by I likewinegums
I know a girl whose name is Liz Mckenzie and is just about ot leave school, she has parents , a father named Dave and a Mother named grace

Sorry mate that aint me, my name isn't even Liz what made you think that?
Reply 12
I maybe going a bit irrelevant but I have an interview there tomorrow. Do I need to be in a certain type of clothing, and bring certain documentation? And is it just an interview? I was told just a few minutes worth it'll be.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
This is just a general question..My first reference on my CV is my headteacher, and i want my second reference to be another teacher...what do I go ask him and what do I write on my CV?
Reply 14
Erm you are all talking about KFC as in the eatery? I wasnt aware one could manage to mention KFC and the desire to work there in the same sentence...

basically dont leave school

Sure, as long as you have a national insurance number you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by Nintygold
I maybe going a bit irrelevant but I have an interview there tomorrow. Do I need to be in a certain type of clothing, and bring certain documentation? And is it just an interview? I was told just a few minutes worth it'll be.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Mine was after sixth form so I wear in a suit but I was like the only one :tongue: So whatever you feel comfy in - it's not at all formal!
Nope, you don't need to bring anything :smile:
You have team-building exercises (build straw house, presentation on customer service and an item out of a magazine) - don't be shy or too bossy obviously :tongue:
Then you have a 5 minute one-to-one interview with the usual questions - what's your weakness, have you experienced bad customer service bla bla bla ; it takes around an hour, hour and a half in all maybe :smile:
There's no need to worry, you've most likely got the job anyway And KFC is a good place to work as well Good luck!

This is just a general question..My first reference on my CV is my headteacher, and i want my second reference to be another teacher...what do I go ask him and what do I write on my CV?

"Hi Mr/Mrs X, is it okay if I put you on my CV as a reference?" :tongue:
And then they can't really say no; just put their name and the school's address/phone number :smile:

Hope I helped a bit, feel free to ask anything else :smile:
Reply 16

"Hi Mr/Mrs X, is it okay if I put you on my CV as a reference?" :tongue:
And then they can't really say no; just put their name and the school's address/phone number :smile:

Lol A bit cheesy that but I have a good relationship with the teacher :smile: Thnx for the help.
Reply 17
Cheers DPP :smile: with McDonalds there's their own site employees log in to get their shift times etc. Does KFC have something similar to that?
Reply 18

Hope I helped a bit, feel free to ask anything else :smile:

Just another general question, is this good enough for my skills section on my CV...SKILLS
Throughout my school studies I have gained a considerable amount of knowledge and skills in using computers. I have experience in using both Micro Media and Microsoft Office package and can carry out many other computer related tasks such as data entry, researching, video editing and web design.

I want to apply for shelf filling and sales assistant jobs just in case I don't get into KFC. If my skills section is BAD then can you tell me what to write in it?

Thnx for the help :wink:
Reply 19
Just another general question, is this good enough for my skills section on my CV...SKILLS
Throughout my school studies I have gained a considerable amount of knowledge and skills in using computers. I have experience in using both Micro Media and Microsoft Office package and can carry out many other computer related tasks such as data entry, researching, video editing and web design.

I want to apply for shelf filling and sales assistant jobs just in case I don't get into KFC. If my skills section is BAD then can you tell me what to write in it?

Thnx for the help :wink:
lol you wont be using "Micro Media and Microsoft Office package" filling shelves mate. just put you're hands on, enthusiastic and time efficient. relate it to the job you're applying for..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending