s=130

you could check this using
s=ut+0.5at^2
s=100+30
s=130

Yes I corrected it about 5 mins ago.
Original post by metaltron
Hmm... distance was using formula, s = ut + 0.5 at^2
Initial velocity and time were both 10. a was 0.6 and t was 10 again.

So 100 + 30 = 130m?

Could you please explain the bearing one to me, as I couldn't work out how to get it :s-smilie:

This is correct - I was using u = 16 for some reason which explains the error.

The bearing one is hard to explain without a diagram but you can draw a line at port C pointing East then you will see a pair of alternate angles.

Add on 90 degs to get from North to East and you are home.
Reply 22
That really helped. I know I got quite a lot wrong now haha. Probably got around 55 without any method marks. Hope that's a B!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mr M
This is correct - I was using u = 16 for some reason which explains the error.

The bearing one is hard to explain without a diagram but you can draw a line at port C pointing East then you will see a pair of alternate angles.

Add on 90 degs to get from North to East and you are home.

Do you think the bearing would have been only one mark out of the question, or more.
Original post by cyfer
Wait so was it a minimum or a maximum?

Also thank you very much for posting this+posting updates, much appreciated. Your pupils must love you.

Minimum - the original post is now corrected.
Reply 25
Do you think the bearing would have been only one mark out of the question, or more.

Yep. One or two marks. Probably one mark since the method wasn't exactly hard.

Maybe two marks if one is given for the method.
Reply 26
could you just say that the gradient IS 32... do you have to say it is close to 32...??
Reply 27
Original post by Mr M
Minimum - the original post is now corrected.

Thank you very much

1 mark I expect.
Reply 29
Ahhh I feel sorry for my friends. One get 120 for the last gradient. One got 120, 32 and then did it again and got 6 :frown:

Why can't I rep you more than once!?
Original post by olivia1323
could you just say that the gradient IS 32... do you have to say it is close to 32...??

Yes it IS 32 when h becomes infinitesimally small.
Original post by Mr M
[Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Mathematics Answers May 2012

11. Shaded region

(i) 2y = x + 6 (5 marks)

(ii) (3, 4.5) (3 marks)

(iii) Area = 125/12 (4 marks)

Could you check question 11 please :smile: ...just did some working out for the first part, and got exactly the same answer I did in the exam...did I copy down the question wrong or something? :s-smilie:
001.jpg
001.jpg
Reply 32
For question 12 do you know what values you got for a and b in the simultaneous equations part? I'm pretty sure I got a= 1/20 b=1
This was a hard paper not gonna lie

Original post by cyfer
Why can't I rep you more than once!?

No offence but your collection of shiny red gems means your rep isn't worth having!
Original post by ThomSDK
For question 12 do you know what values you got for a and b in the simultaneous equations part? I'm pretty sure I got a= 1/20 b=1

That's right.
Reply 35
Original post by ThomSDK

Yeah i got the same :s-smilie:
Original post by Mr M
Yes it IS 32 when h becomes infinitesimally small.

Thanks for the explanation about the bearing... I think I can picture it in my head now :smile:

Thanks for the mark scheme yet again!
Original post by CheeseLord
Could you check question 11 please :smile: ...just did some working out for the first part, and got exactly the same answer I did in the exam...did I copy down the question wrong or something? :s-smilie:
001.jpg
001.jpg

Your dy/dx is wrong.
Reply 38
Original post by Mr M
No offence but your collection of shiny red gems means your rep isn't worth having!

Sorry, I didn't know giving rep was also based on your own rep, I just thought it was general.

Referring to my negative rep>I don't speak diplomatically because I don't look for respect from an anonymous crowd. I'm not just mean :frown:
Original post by cyfer
Sorry, I didn't know giving rep was also based on your own rep, I just thought it was general.

Referring to my negative rep>I don't speak diplomatically because I don't look for respect from an anonymous crowd. I'm not just mean :frown:

I made you a little greener.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending