The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Mathematics Answers May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr M
No we won't. The answer is 12.

Loooool
:biggrin: Thanks Mr M & ZakariaMar. It's so difficult to figure out where all of the marks were for some of the questions. For all I know some of my random jottings on the other questions will have gotten me a few more marks :/
I never did past papers, but it looks like 58 shouldn't be too far off a B from what people are saying.
Original post by HerRoyalPickaxe
I never did past papers.

For furture reference, doing past papers is undoubtedly the best way to prepare for mathematics exams.
Is there any way that I could get a copy of the recent paper?
Original post by SherlockHolmes

Ask your teacher for one?
Original post by Mr M
Well done! You don't need to complete the whole exam to get a good grade.

Yes, but i am one of those who aims for 100 coz i find maths easy. but i'm fine with 89 coz i didn't finish and i dunno. yeah :smile: thx
Reply 106
in last part of q9, time cannot be 14 because 480 x 14 = 6720, inverse cos = math error, so u r incorrect, also what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 107
Can I just ask, how many lessons did you guys get in preparation for this exam?
Original post by rage21
in last part of q9, time cannot be 14 because 480 x 14 = 6720, inverse cos = math error, so u r incorrect, also what do u think the grade boundaries will be?

Multiple errors there. We are using cos not inverse cos. We are using seconds not minutes.

The answer was t = 0.2366212052 minutes.

If you substitute this into h=75cos(480t)h=7-5\cos(480t) you will obtain h = 9 metres.
Original post by zangorou

like 2 years, our teacher integrated it in with the GCSE course so we were balance between GCSE and FSMQ.
Original post by Mr M
Multiple errors there. We are using cos not inverse cos. We are using seconds not minutes.

The answer was t = 0.2366212052 minutes.

If you substitute this into h=75cos(480t)h=7-5\cos(480t) you will obtain h = 9 metres.

Yes, he's right, it was definately 14 seconds.

I delivered the course in 23 hours after school. I could have done with a bit more time. OCR suggest 60 guided learning hours.

About a year alongside the last GCSE module :smile:
Original post by SherlockHolmes

hahahahaha im smarter than you
Original post by I_Am_HuMzA

How so?
modular is for idiots all about higher linear which i took 2 and a half years early
Reply 116
Original post by Mr M
I delivered the course in 23 hours after school. I could have done with a bit more time. OCR suggest 60 guided learning hours.

Yeah, I think our teacher missed the 0 off the end of 60, seems we only got about 6 uh ;(

Hopefully mine and my friends' self teaching paid off.
Reply 117
Original post by Mr M

How did your students do?
Original post by I_Am_HuMzA

did you find the paper?
Reply 119
Looks like I definitely got an A :smile:

Just to pick out the questions I got wrong and not sure about.
Question 5 with trigonometry. I got 2 answers because one of the values was -2, so it could not be done. How did you get 3 values?
Question 8 - Can you give me the question to this, I don't think I understood the question. (Don't think I got 4 as a answer)
Question 9(ii) - How do you get 12? I had to use trial and error and got 11.8
Question 13)v) - I put 32 as the answer, is that okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending