The Student Room Group

How much would you say you drink during pre-drinks?

Scroll to see replies

3-4 shots of vodka and 1 shot of petrol to make sure it goes down well
half bottle of vodka usually
I usually share a 70cl bottle of spirits (usually vodka) with 2 other friends, we mix it though.
Original post by krussel
Generally interested if anyones the same as me, usually I drink a 70cl bottle of spirits usually either; Vodka, Jagermeister or Sambucca and mix it with something whilst doing shots. If I'm sharing the bottle with someone, I'll usually drink some beers to start with then just do shots.

Forgive me for this but ~28 units for a "pre-drink"...? You really expect us to belive that?
I mean, if thats pre drinks whats the drinks? A gallon of scrumpy? A keg of rum? :rolleyes:
Original post by Really_now
But drinking out is so expensive (except at student bar) :s-smilie:

Also, I drink a couple of ciders maybe. If drinking vodka I'll have about three shots

that's never bothered me because once I hit a certain level of drunkeness I want to drink more and more, so it ends up being an expensive night either way. I'm bored to death of alcohol actually, had my fun with it now.
Far too much
normally about a half bottle - a half litre of spirits, and since I'm at Newcastle, 2 or 3 trebles (depending if i'm sharing) on the way into town.

Can't afford drinks when out really, unless it's at a horrible trebles bar. Luckily everyone else seems to be in that situation too so a quick trebles bar stop is usually on the cards.
Original post by HarveyCanis
Probably about 400-500ml of vodka, or a litre of wine or vermouth.

I like to be at that very very fine line between tipsy and drunk. As such I rarely buy any drinks in town but I act sober enough to be let in clubs.

However, like I said it's a very fine line, and I often fail and thus don't make it out. I even gained a reputation for not making it out. :frown:

I know what you mean tbh, and that line is a great line to get to. However, I am either not that drunk or very drunk haha its a tough game to play.
Original post by TrollerCoaster
3-4 shots of vodka and 1 shot of petrol to make sure it goes down well

You should try diesel.
not much... you don't want to make a tit out of yourself before it even starts...
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Forgive me for this but ~28 units for a "pre-drink"...? You really expect us to belive that?
I mean, if thats pre drinks whats the drinks? A gallon of scrumpy? A keg of rum? :rolleyes:

Haha I'm not lying to try and act like I'm some don. As I said to someone earlier anyway, I usually finish about 3/4 of the bottle. I have no reason to lie haha, I don't think its cool to drink more, its just how much I personally drink. If I manage that though, I am very drunk which isn't a surprise.
Original post by Bellissima
not much... you don't want to make a tit out of yourself before it even starts...

True, I usually head out around 11/half 11 which probably gives myself too much time to drink.
3/4 cans of beer and some spirits. Usually drunk enough so that I only have to buy a few drinks when I'm out as its so expensive!
Original post by krussel
Haha I'm not lying to try and act like I'm some don. As I said to someone earlier anyway, I usually finish about 3/4 of the bottle. I have no reason to lie haha, I don't think its cool to drink more, its just how much I personally drink. If I manage that though, I am very drunk which isn't a surprise.

Fair enough, IDK how big you are or how much you eat.
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Fair enough, IDK how big you are or how much you eat.

Around 10 stone, and I eat big meals but by no means am I fat haha, I'm skinny. Anyway you love physics so I am sure you can do the math!
Reply 35
being an insufferable lightweight ive given up on pre-drinking i always seem to end up absolutely trashed before i even get to the club/bar/etc. so i bite the bullet and just buy them there :rolleyes:
Reply 36
Half one of the small bottles of vodka mixed with 2 small cans of red bull (usually a cheaper version).

Gets me nice and tipsy before going out :biggrin:
Reply 37
I'm not even sure about the difference between pre-drinking and drinking drinking...

My favourite is post-drinking!
Reply 38
Not much by other people's standards. I don't go out to get leathered. Predrinking is just nice to get the ball rolling a bit, be social and save some money. Alcohol isn't too expensive here either if you know where to go.

I guess up to ~5 shots vodka.
Generally start drinking at 8:30 until around 11ish. Play 4 or 5 rounds of ring of fire drinking vodka or other spirits with mixers. The dirty pint is a nice variable in the mix as well haha

Quick Reply

Latest