The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2013 GET ON IT EARLY!!!

Scroll to see replies

Was wondering if anyone had heard back anything from Travers Smith, BLP in regards to Winter Schemes?

Also, did a few verbal reasoning tests there, was wondering how quickly people got feedback?
Reply 181
Haven't heard anything from TS and wasn't even asked to do tests, so at least youve got that! Sat Hogan tests on Monday - hope I hear back soon! The longer I wait the more I suspect rejection!
Travers Smith won't be releasing decisions until after the new year.

BLP will likely start releasing next week for their winter vac scheme, if they follow last year's pattern.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is it too late to apply for vacation schemes? I plan to have three ready to send off by the weekend but if people are saying they are being selected already then is there any point?
Original post by Backpacker77
Is it too late to apply for vacation schemes? I plan to have three ready to send off by the weekend but if people are saying they are being selected already then is there any point?

lol. You have up until January-ish for a majority of firms. Plenty of people have barely started. TSR is naturally selective on the user base, so most posters will have at least sent off a few.
Original post by SemperParatus
lol. You have up until January-ish for a majority of firms. Plenty of people have barely started. TSR is naturally selective on the user base, so most posters will have at least sent off a few.

I mean the winter schemes. I am off traveling in January so this will be my only opportunity.
Original post by irishstudent2012
Was wondering if anyone had heard back anything from Travers Smith, BLP in regards to Winter Schemes?

Sent my BLP application off last week, got an assessment centre invite yesterday :smile:
Can anyone tell me if they know of any firms that are lenient with grades? I got a 2:2 last year but high 2:1s in everything before that. Clyde and co told me it wouldn't be a problem if i get a 2:1 this year as my A levels were good so it was clearly a blip but I just can't see myself getting any vac schemes (and consequently a TC) with a 2:2. Or any firms that allow 3rd years to do vac schemes?
Is it now too late to apply for winter vacation schemes? I know deadlines close on the 31st but will they have sorted out those for interview by then?
Original post by OldOyster
Haven't heard anything from TS and wasn't even asked to do tests, so at least youve got that! Sat Hogan tests on Monday - hope I hear back soon! The longer I wait the more I suspect rejection!

No, haven't heard from Travers Smith at all. Did the Hogan test as well - nothing heard back yet.

Fingers crossed.
Original post by Backpacker77
I mean the winter schemes. I am off traveling in January so this will be my only opportunity.

You should be okay. The firms recognise that applications opened right when term started so some people won't be aware of their existence/busy with other stuff. Send off!

Original post by inspired username
Sent my BLP application off last week, got an assessment centre invite yesterday :smile:

Congrats! Did you have to phone interview?
Reply 191
Has anyone here applied to Stephenson Harwood by any chance?

Also, got my first PFO of the season from A&O yesterday. fun times.
Original post by Balagan

I applied last Friday, no response from SH, Links, Jones Day, Freshfields or BLP. Jones Day was sent over 2 weeks away- is this an implied rejection? Has anyone heard back from any of the above?
Reply 193
Original post by hunter7337
I applied last Friday, no response from SH, Links, Jones Day, Freshfields or BLP. Jones Day was sent over 2 weeks away- is this an implied rejection? Has anyone heard back from any of the above?

did you do any tests for SH? From the graduate website I got the impression that they automatically send you a numerical and verbal reasoning test after you submit the application, but I have not heard anything so far so I assume they sift through candidates first...

Also I applied to Jones day last year and they invited me for an interview about 2months after my application, so I wouldnt worry about it just yet.
No i havent had any link for a VR test for SH- was not aware that they wanted one done? Ah ok, they certainly take their time then! How was the interview if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 195
From what I remember it was a pretty standard interview. Why law, why Jones Day etc, and a few competency questions to round it off. It was with two partners however as opposed to HR, which I found quite surprising for a vac scheme.
Original post by hunter7337

Got a PFO from Jones Day yesterday. Took them three weeks to respond so don't worry you will get a response.
Reply 197
Original post by Balagan
From what I remember it was a pretty standard interview. Why law, why Jones Day etc, and a few competency questions to round it off. It was with two partners however as opposed to HR, which I found quite surprising for a vac scheme.

This was nothing at all like my Jones Day interview.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Balagan

I have but for a first year scheme.

Also, rejected from Hogan Lovells first year programme today. Gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Anyone heard from herbert smith post online test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending