The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2013 GET ON IT EARLY!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunberrypixie
I'm still waiting on Ashurst, I applied two weeks ago.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

take it as good news - I know someone who got rejected after two days.....
Has anyone heard from Bristows?
Original post by oliver2011
take it as good news - I know someone who got rejected after two days.....

Oh no, that's unfortunate! I will keep my fingers crossed then :-) still waiting to hear from Hogan Lovells too - my friend got rejected the next day, ouch!

Original post by sleekchic
Has anyone heard from Bristows?

For the Winter workshop? I got an email saying they'll be in touch on Friday.

Oh, and I got a PFO from Ashurst yesterday. They took about 20 days to get back to me. If you haven't heard yet, it's probably good news :smile:

Original post by Client_Space
For the Winter workshop? I got an email saying they'll be in touch on Friday.

Oh, and I got a PFO from Ashurst yesterday. They took about 20 days to get back to me. If you haven't heard yet, it's probably good news :smile:

Yes for the winter workshop. When did you get the email?

Last Thursday. It sounded like a pretty generic email, I thought they'd sent it to everyone. It was this one:

"Thank you for your application to attend a Winter Workshop at Bristows.

I am writing to confirm that we have received your application form and are in the process of shortlisting. We have recieved a large number of applications and appreciate your patience while we carry out our sifting process.

I will be in touch next Friday with further information."

For what it's worth I didn't get that email either. Applied about five weeks ago, went to one of their recruitment events a couple of weeks ago...
Original post by inspired username
For what it's worth I didn't get that email either. Applied about five weeks ago, went to one of their recruitment events a couple of weeks ago...

I applied on the 10th of October and I haven't received anything besides a confirmation since then.
Any updates from Slaughter and May ?
Reply 789
Original post by Eden's moustache
Any updates from Slaughter and May ?

Had my interview a week and a half ago but heard nothing yet! Fingers crossed!
Original post by inspired username

I applied on the 10th of October and I haven't received anything besides a confirmation since then.

That's odd. I applied on the 14th of November, which was couple of days before deadline. Do Bristows interview for their workshops?
Original post by Paddy110
What makes you say that? I've got a phone interview next week and actually liked them. Have I missed something?

Because it is hardly a law firm. It is a massive outsourcing shop. Expect to be doing doc review for the length of your tenure. They do not have nearly the deal quality that even a lower tiered city firm would have. Plus, you'll have to tell all of your friends that you work at PwC, which is a laughing stock in itself.
Original post by SemperParatus
Because it is hardly a law firm. It is a massive outsourcing shop. Expect to be doing doc review for the length of your tenure. They do not have nearly the deal quality that even a lower tiered city firm would have. Plus, you'll have to tell all of your friends that you work at PwC, which is a laughing stock in itself.

Ha! Harsh but so true...
Weird email from SH with a PFO for the winter scheme but that they want to review my app for the summer one/TC, is this just a generic winter vac scheme PFO?
Reply 794
AC for BLP post phone interview but it's not for ages! Am quite worried because I know they fill their slots on a rolling basis....
Reply 795
Anyone heard from Cleary? I can't seem to get through their grd recruitment team on the phone.
Original post by Client_Space
That's odd. I applied on the 14th of November, which was couple of days before deadline. Do Bristows interview for their workshops?

I don't think they do.
Original post by thalassa
Anyone heard from Cleary? I can't seem to get through their grd recruitment team on the phone.

They wanted to interview me for the winter vac scheme and gave me only one day saying they are interviewing between 8.30 and 12.30 and asked me to confirm but not indicating which time and all. I replied saying I am abroad and whether they could agree to a telephone interview. Never got a reply to that.
Original post by Brevity
SemperParatus is such a massive lad! Did you know that when he starts as a trainee, the only tasks he'll be doing are drafting SPAs, crafting IPO prospectuses, negotiating lease agreements and banging his secretaries. If you want someone to do your trainee tasks, you sound like the kind of pussy who wouldn't be able to handle the ass-****ing that SemperParatus dishes out daily.

Because, you know, when he tells you that he works for BLP, a mid-tier City firm that turns over ~£200m, rather than PwC that turns over ~$30bn, you run for the ****ing hills.

Wow, someone needs a tissue...
Reply 799
Original post by hunter7337
Weird email from SH with a PFO for the winter scheme but that they want to review my app for the summer one/TC, is this just a generic winter vac scheme PFO?

I got exactly the same thing, not sure what to take from it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending