The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qwertykeyboard15
How can you find out if your secondary school is below national average when your school is in Wales?! The link they give us only consider the schools in England

http://mylocalschool.wales.gov.uk

Would this be the Welsh equivalent to the link on the A2L?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Do we have to do A2L after you send your Ucas? If so how long later should you send A2L?
Also, what date do we have till to do a2l?
Original post by Ayaz123
Do we have to do A2L after you send your Ucas? If so how long later should you send A2L?
Also, what date do we have till to do a2l?

29th February is the deadline. I applied through UCAS first and then sent my application the day after
Original post by Qwertykeyboard15
29th February is the deadline. I applied through UCAS first and then sent my application the day after

Ahh okay:smile: thanks anyways
Does it take long filling A2L?
Hey can someone help me please. I meet the household income and first generation criteria. My referee is under the impression that they need to provide some sort of evidence of this, is this the case? And how should they talk about it?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my A2L email at 1pm today that said I was eligible and they would forward it to the relevant department (History) but I got an offer at 3pm with the AAA offer, which is the standard offer rather than the A2L offer, so I was just wondering if they could change the offer or not now that I'm confirmed to be eligible
Original post by _raveenaaaa
Hey can someone help me please. I meet the household income and first generation criteria. My referee is under the impression that they need to provide some sort of evidence of this, is this the case? And how should they talk about it?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did I, all my referee said was stuff like "Amber is from a single parent family with a low income and would benefit greatly from this scheme" and "Amber has high aspirations in life and wants to go to uni however her parents weren't as aspirational and didn't attend uni" sounds harsh but my referee told me that they had to show how it would help you and she was basically just telling the truth my parents aren't very aspirational, but anyway the only proof that they had was that my referee had said I was eligible and I guess they just take their word for it. To prove the household income bit however, if you don't qualify for the 16-19 bursary then I'm pretty sure you have to fill in a separate form, but I receive the bursary so didn't have to. (I have been accepted on to A2L if you were wondering).
Original post by Eliseee_
I got my A2L email at 1pm today that said I was eligible and they would forward it to the relevant department (History) but I got an offer at 3pm with the AAA offer, which is the standard offer rather than the A2L offer, so I was just wondering if they could change the offer or not now that I'm confirmed to be eligible

My friend got an offer for Medical Sciences which is AAA which appeared on track, then she was accepted onto A2L and a few days later her track changed to the A2L offer of ABB so it should change soon
Original post by xambercx
My friend got an offer for Medical Sciences which is AAA which appeared on track, then she was accepted onto A2L and a few days later her track changed to the A2L offer of ABB so it should change soon

Thanks, hopefully it will change in the next few days
So did I, all my referee said was stuff like "Amber is from a single parent family with a low income and would benefit greatly from this scheme" and "Amber has high aspirations in life and wants to go to uni however her parents weren't as aspirational and didn't attend uni" sounds harsh but my referee told me that they had to show how it would help you and she was basically just telling the truth my parents aren't very aspirational, but anyway the only proof that they had was that my referee had said I was eligible and I guess they just take their word for it. To prove the household income bit however, if you don't qualify for the 16-19 bursary then I'm pretty sure you have to fill in a separate form, but I receive the bursary so didn't have to. (I have been accepted on to A2L if you were wondering).

That's really helpful, thank you!!! I wasn't sure if like proof is needed to be eligible, but thats fines thank you again! Another question, what did you include in your statement? Like I've spoken about the criteria I meet, and why I want to study at Leeds. But is there anything else to include?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _raveenaaaa
That's really helpful, thank you!!! I wasn't sure if like proof is needed to be eligible, but thats fines thank you again! Another question, what did you include in your statement? Like I've spoken about the criteria I meet, and why I want to study at Leeds. But is there anything else to include?

I just did the same really, I wrote about why it would help me (would cut the costs as I live in Bradford so could stay at home) and also how it was the university I want to go to the most. I also wrote about how I liked the content of the course (Dentistry) because it was more practical than Dentistry at the universities. I didn't spend much time on it so I wouldn't over think it, I only spent maybe an hour in total on mine. Just emphasise how much you want to go there.
If you are accepted onto the A2L and pass, do you have to have Leeds as your firm or can you use it as your Insurance - or if you put Leeds as insurance do they take away your A2L offer - I only ask as daughters possible 1st choice is another uni with AAB entry requirements where Leeds want ABB but access to Leeds should bring it down to BBC - (I personally think Leeds has got a lot more going for it rather than the other Uni that her tutor is recommending - but at the end of the day it's her choice)
Original post by Minionmum
If you are accepted onto the A2L and pass, do you have to have Leeds as your firm or can you use it as your Insurance - or if you put Leeds as insurance do they take away your A2L offer - I only ask as daughters possible 1st choice is another uni with AAB entry requirements where Leeds want ABB but access to Leeds should bring it down to BBC - (I personally think Leeds has got a lot more going for it rather than the other Uni that her tutor is recommending - but at the end of the day it's her choice)

It has to be your firm choice
Just got accepted after my application being received on Monday! Now let's hope that I get an offer for my course!
If I need A*AB (A* in maths) or AAA (A in maths), when it lowers the entry requirements, will it lower the A in maths?
Original post by Sayless
If I need A*AB (A* in maths) or AAA (A in maths), when it lowers the entry requirements, will it lower the A in maths?

It actually just depends, if it's A*AB it should drop to ABB and if it's AAA it should also drop to ABB but it just depends if maths is highly relevant to your course. My friend applied to medical sciences which is AAA and got her offer reduced to ABB BUT it then said on her ucas track that the A needed to be in either biology or chemistry as it is a science degree. So your offer could drop to ABB but they might
specify that you need the A in maths if yours is a maths related degree. But if not, it should just be ABB in any subjects and therefore you could get a B in maths and an A and B in your other subjects.

Hope this helped. I would ring up or email if you want to be 100% sure.
It actually just depends, if it's A*AB it should drop to ABB and if it's AAA it should also drop to ABB but it just depends if maths is highly relevant to your course. My friend applied to medical sciences which is AAA and got her offer reduced to ABB BUT it then said on her ucas track that the A needed to be in either biology or chemistry as it is a science degree. So your offer could drop to ABB but they might
specify that you need the A in maths if yours is a maths related degree. But if not, it should just be ABB in any subjects and therefore you could get a B in maths and an A and B in your other subjects.

Hope this helped. I would ring up or email if you want to be 100% sure.

Thanks so much for the help
Reply 1997
Just have a question, how soon after sending the application did you get an email confirming that they've received it?
Because I sent mine on the 26th November and I've had no acknowledgement yet, is this normal?
Thank you
Is anyone eligible for 2016 entry?
Original post by txiba
Just have a question, how soon after sending the application did you get an email confirming that they've received it?
Because I sent mine on the 26th November and I've had no acknowledgement yet, is this normal?
Thank you
it was about a week for me

Latest