The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
I just got an email saying saying i'm eligible for A2L and have been automatically assessed which means I don't need to apply but it also stated i should of received 2 offers through UCAS, a standard one and a A2L one but I only have my standard

anyone else in the same boat?
The scheme is new to me I didn't even know about it till today
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by sophie78
I'm not sure, I haven't got any information about it either :/
has anyone heard anything about the first "study skills assignment" yet?

got an email saying this:
The A2L module will be delivered online via the University of Leeds’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). To pass the A2L module you must successfully complete each of the following components:
· Registration with the University of Leeds to gain full access to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The VLE will be used to provide assignment resources and to submit your assignments. You will be contacted in April with details on how to do this.

· A study skills assignment set by the School of Education. The deadline for this assignment is 20th May, 2013 and you will be given access to the assignment via the VLE in April.

· A subject specific assignment set by the department you have applied to. The deadline for this assignment will be 19th July, 2013 and you will be given the opportunity to discuss the assignment and a draft of your work with a subject tutor. You will have access to this assignment via the VLE in May.

We will contact you again in April with information on how to access the module via the VLE.

Original post by xxrebeccabexixx
I got an offer of ABB a while ago from Leeds but didnt realise i was eligible for the access to leeds. do you think i can still apply even though i already have an offer on track?

Yeah youcan until the 28th feb :biggrin: if you get accepted then you will have two offers either the A2L offer which is 40ucas grades below your otheroffer, and you will also keep you initial offer of ABB which you can use if you dont put it as your firm or pass the A2L module :smile:
Anyone going to the welcome days?

I might do,just got the email earlier :smile:
Reply 1185

I've replied saying i'll go but not heard back as of yet x
Reply 1186

Yep, I've applied for Thursday
Reply 1187
Original post by ShaunR
Yep, I've applied for Thursday

have you heard back since you replied?
I also applied for Thursday, haven't heard anything.... Really worried, need to book my train ticket!
Anyone applied to go to the Open day on the Saturday ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi has anyone actually completed the A2L scheme? If so on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it and can you give examples e.g the word limit or something
:frown:
Reply 1191
I got an Access to Leeds offer alongside my standard Medicine offer last week, and so far I haven't been contacted by them telling me when the module is. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1192
Original post by PinkEye
I got an Access to Leeds offer alongside my standard Medicine offer last week, and so far I haven't been contacted by them telling me when the module is. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an email the other day saying that the module will be launched on the 5th April and it gave a timetable and info on what would be happening and when, are you going the welcome days? I'm sure we will get more info there.
Reply 1193
Original post by jazzzxo
I got an email the other day saying that the module will be launched on the 5th April and it gave a timetable and info on what would be happening and when, are you going the welcome days? I'm sure we will get more info there.

I didn't actually apply for Access to Leeds myself, I got put on to it automatically so its all a bit new to me. I don't even know when the welcome days are. :redface:
Hope I hear from them soon!
Do you know when the module must be completed by?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PinkEye
I didn't actually apply for Access to Leeds myself, I got put on to it automatically so its all a bit new to me. I don't even know when the welcome days are. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was put on it automatically too, still don't know a great deal about it but there are open days next week however you have to register for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1195
Original post by PinkEye

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that happened to me..
The open days are next week and you need to register by midnight today to get a place.

There gonna email about the launch on Friday with user names and passwords and then the first assignment is due in on the 20th May then the second one is available.

Maybe you should email them if your not receiving information as a lot is happening this week - [email protected]
Original post by Hannahkeane
I was put on it automatically too, still don't know a great deal about it but there are open days next week however you have to register for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly the same as me! got an email saying that I need to register for an open day/welcome event before midnight tonight but when I clicked on the link it said it was closed last night at 12 :frown: don't know what to do now... I emailed the woman that sent it but got an automated reply with no answers!
Original post by maisiecromack
exactly the same as me! got an email saying that I need to register for an open day/welcome event before midnight tonight but when I clicked on the link it said it was closed last night at 12 :frown: don't know what to do now... I emailed the woman that sent it but got an automated reply with no answers!

I've just gone to register for an open day, and like you said it says it's closed. I thought it closed today?! :confused:
Reply 1198
Original post by jazzzxo
Yeah that happened to me..
The open days are next week and you need to register by midnight today to get a place.

There gonna email about the launch on Friday with user names and passwords and then the first assignment is due in on the 20th May then the second one is available.

Maybe you should email them if your not receiving information as a lot is happening this week - [email protected]

Thanks for the information. :smile:

I emailed them but as the poster above mentioned I've received an automated reply. So frustrating!
I haven't received any information whatsoever, except the standard offer letter through UCAS. Oh well... I guess I have to buckle down and make sure I meet my normal offer of 3 As at least!
Reply 1199
Original post by jazzzxo
have you heard back since you replied?

They said you should hear back by tomorrow at 5pm. A tiny bit silly because train prices go up when you book later :frown:

Latest