The Student Room Group

Best way to meet girls?

Basically, it seems that unless you want to go clubbing and 'hook up' it's pretty much impossible to meet girls with a view to dating/a relationship, it feels wrong to just walk up to someone in a pub for example and try to start a conversation with them - I don't want to come across as creepy etc but it would be really nice to meet some new people and go on some dates, any suggestions?
To be clear, I want to meet someone for dating/a relationship, not for one night stands or anything like that.

Girls: is there a good way/place for a guy to start a conversation with you which wouldn't make you feel awkward?

* I'm not at Uni or college at the moment so parties etc aren't really a viable option.
Have you tried online dating?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Really? First suggestion is online dating?

OP work on your conversation skills with strangers. Learn about indicators of interest, opening etc and use them. You'll find a girl you like soon enough.
To the anonymous poster... Private message please.

Reply 4
Original post by sophisticated

Haha, of the trials of online dating lol! So many who are just not who they say they are...mind you, sometimes has been fun hehe :-) xxxx
Reply 5
Original post by sophisticated

Yes...but it seemed like pretty much everyone on there was either looking for a quick sh** or were 35+ :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by tooosh
Really? First suggestion is online dating?

OP work on your conversation skills with strangers. Learn about indicators of interest, opening etc and use them. You'll find a girl you like soon enough.

Honestly, I think my conversation skills are pretty good, I have no difficulty talking to strangers at all it's just hitting on them which feels really awkward :tongue:

I'm quite confident (self-conscious but confident, if that's possible) but I have very little experience with girls and I guess I just assume that they aren't going to be interested which makes it really difficult to then make the first move.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending