The Student Room Group

Girl never accepted my follow request

I was walking home and there were these 2 girls walking behind me, they kept following me for like 15-20 minutes so I turned round and made a joke about them following me and they started laughing and we started talking.

We continued all walking together and talking it was going really well I was making them laugh and we had good convo.

One girl was veryy pretty, like wow she was incredibly beautiful and the other girl was average looking (she wasn’t ugly but nothing great)

Anyways after walking for another 10-15 minutes together we get by my apartment block and in my head I’m like Why are they walking all this way with me?? and told them this is my apartment and asked them if they live near here?

Turns out the (average looking girl) just moved into my apartment block and the really beautiful girl was walking her home.

I kind of felt like it was fate running into them. I was of course more attracted to the beautiful one and my ultimate plan was to ask for her instagram/number…

but given the average one just moved into my apartment block, it felt like it was the most sensible one to ask for her instagram, plus I don’t care about looks, personality is more important for me so I didn’t mind. either way I got on well with them both.

After I asked for her instagram, the really beautiful one even said to her friend “see you now have a nice guy to walk you home at night, it’s perfect you both meeting”

However.. it’s been a few days and she still hasn’t accepted my follow request?? I’ve never in my life ever had a girl not accept my follow request so idk what to think of it..

I am a pretty decent looking guy, in school I won best looking guy at prom and then at university I won best looking flatmate and funniest flatmate.

However I must admit when I was walking with them I was super sweaty as I just finished from the gym.. so I didn’t look my best and it was also at night, so maybe they just felt intimidated by a guy walking with them at night?

Not really sure what to do, I haven’t seen her these past few days despite living in my block and she’s still not accepted.. if I knew she wasn’t interested I would have just asked for the beautiful girl’s instagram.

It’s a really big apartment building so we probably won’t run into eachother for a long time but if we do, what do I say? Also is it worth me dropping her an instagram DM? Not sure she will see it though because she still hasn’t accepted my request.

Any advice? Thanks
Although I cannot guess what she is thinking and what is going on in her head, one thing I can say for sure is

Don't send her an Instagram DM or try to make any further contact. You need to think about how you would behave if you liked someone, you would be super excited to accept that follow request and would do it nearly straight away, and the fact that she hasn't is somewhat indicative of how she feels. If the signs aren't there, then unfortunately it most likely isn't meant to be.
Maybe she doesn't login to instagram much and hasn't seen your request yet.
Or she may only accept follow requests from people that she doesn't know very well who live far away from her.

If you see her around, you can say a quick hello and offer her your instagram or phone number.
If she's not interested in talking to you or acts like she is scared whenever she is alone, politely walk away and move on.
But don't do anything that could give her the impression that you are a potential stalker or pest.
Original post by Anonymous
I was walking home and there were these 2 girls walking behind me, they kept following me for like 15-20 minutes so I turned round and made a joke about them following me and they started laughing and we started talking.

We continued all walking together and talking it was going really well I was making them laugh and we had good convo.

One girl was veryy pretty, like wow she was incredibly beautiful and the other girl was average looking (she wasn’t ugly but nothing great)

Anyways after walking for another 10-15 minutes together we get by my apartment block and in my head I’m like Why are they walking all this way with me?? and told them this is my apartment and asked them if they live near here?

Turns out the (average looking girl) just moved into my apartment block and the really beautiful girl was walking her home.

I kind of felt like it was fate running into them. I was of course more attracted to the beautiful one and my ultimate plan was to ask for her instagram/number…

but given the average one just moved into my apartment block, it felt like it was the most sensible one to ask for her instagram, plus I don’t care about looks, personality is more important for me so I didn’t mind. either way I got on well with them both.

After I asked for her instagram, the really beautiful one even said to her friend “see you now have a nice guy to walk you home at night, it’s perfect you both meeting”

However.. it’s been a few days and she still hasn’t accepted my follow request?? I’ve never in my life ever had a girl not accept my follow request so idk what to think of it..

I am a pretty decent looking guy, in school I won best looking guy at prom and then at university I won best looking flatmate and funniest flatmate.

However I must admit when I was walking with them I was super sweaty as I just finished from the gym.. so I didn’t look my best and it was also at night, so maybe they just felt intimidated by a guy walking with them at night?

Not really sure what to do, I haven’t seen her these past few days despite living in my block and she’s still not accepted.. if I knew she wasn’t interested I would have just asked for the beautiful girl’s instagram.

It’s a really big apartment building so we probably won’t run into eachother for a long time but if we do, what do I say? Also is it worth me dropping her an instagram DM? Not sure she will see it though because she still hasn’t accepted my request.

Any advice? Thanks

Charge it to the game and move on. Keep your head up, rejection is part of life.
Original post by mallowtopia
Maybe she doesn't login to instagram much and hasn't seen your request yet.

Let's talk realistically here, if you got engaged in an exciting thing like that and was really interested in someone, you would for sure be checking your follow requests and accept it too.
Let's talk realistically here, if you got engaged in an exciting thing like that and was really interested in someone, you would for sure be checking your follow requests and accept it too.

When I had instagram I used to log in once every 7-8 weeks.
Mostly replied to messages and liked animal photos.
Checked my follow requests 2-3 times a year.
Original post by mallowtopia
When I had instagram I used to log in once every 7-8 weeks.
Mostly replied to messages and liked animal photos.
Checked my follow requests 2-3 times a year.

Yes, and you didn't meet a love interest minutes before during that
You got rejected deal with it popularity is considered nothing. Even though you sent a request and it’s been a couple of days don’t nag or just send random dms as well seems as though your desperate mate
Reply 8

I don’t care about looks, personality is more important for me so I didn’t mind. either way I got on well with them both.

However.. it’s been a few days and she still hasn’t accepted my follow request??

Karma for not being truthful.

You 'don't care about looks', but described the girls...by their looks.
lol she declines your request while getting ****ed by chad
Original post by turbo mogger

Dunno what you're laughing for, at least they're talking to women :redface:
Original post by StriderHort
Dunno what you're laughing for, at least they're talking to women :redface:

women talk to them first

Friend, you’ve admitted to never asking anyone out, and your attitude to those posting to help you stinks, so maybe rein that in a bit before ‘lol’-ing at someone else’s concerns next time.
Original post by Admit-One
Friend, you’ve admitted to never asking anyone out, and your attitude to those posting to help you stinks, so maybe rein that in a bit before ‘lol’-ing at someone else’s concerns next time.

but its true the girl probably doesnt decline chads friend request
but its true the girl probably doesnt decline chads friend request

didnt read a single word
Original post by Anonymous #1
Any advice? Thanks

u is ancient
you shot your shot don’t push it more, you’ve done your move if they won’t reciprocate then that’s that really
Seen the first para only atm n it’s clear that this guy has got a diploma in rizz
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #3
Seen the first para only atm n it’s clear that this guy has got a diploma in rizz

Fr, rizzlogy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending