The Student Room Group

a level choice help?

I've never made one of these before but am seriously stuck so shall give it ago :smile: So yeah, we had to choose our a level choices a few months ago, I chose Biology, History, English lit and chemistry, only thing is I'm really not sure if i want to do chemistry anymore as I find gcse really hard! However medicine was a consideration for uni and not taking it at uni would completely rule that out.

here are my gcse predictions (and previous exam results)

maths: A ( A*, A )
English: A -(hoping for A* though!)
Biology: A -(A*)
chemistry: A -(A)
physics: A - (have got an A in last years exam however I imagine to get an B as I struggle with it)
astronomy- already achieved A (full gcse)
french - B
drama - A
RE - A (A)
IT- distinction
History- A (A, B)
RE- A (A)

so yeah, if anyone has any ideas as to what a levels I could do considering my gcse subjects and that would keep my options open for university since I have no idea what I want to do, I would muchly appreciate it! also any a level chemistry students opinions on the subject?
thanks!
Maybe maths if you really didnt want to take chemistry:smile: what aspects of chem have you struggled with recently? Because then some chem students could tell you how much of those aspects actually come up at A level:smile: what exam board is the Alevel chemistry with?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
I find the whole mole calculations quite hard to get my head around and also remembering all the different rules with reactions. Also I personally find (i have a bad memory) that the sheer amount of knowledge is hard to remember, and everyone says there is a massive gap from gcse to a level so I imagine their would be much more to remember. I'm not sure what exam board it would be, just looked on school website and it doesn't say :frown: however we do ocr at gcse so I imagine it would be the same. thanks for answering :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending