The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi how long have you guys had to wait for portfolio requests or replies from Sheffield and Newcastle? Also has anyone heard anything from Nottingham or Northumbria? only got mine sent off last thursday but the wait is already killing me especially when my friends are already getting offers :/
Reply 181
Original post by Ahad Sheikh
Sweet, sent mine off on Friday. I still haven't gotten confirmation of their arrival yet though :\ I drew an old pair of shipping containers that had been broken into behind my college, I had to sit in a rainy trench to draw em. I also drew a train station, an abandoned parking lot, a chapel and two very plain rooms.

Ah that sounds so cool! Yeah, I sat in the rain in Chinatown, not fun. How long did it take you to do all your sketches? Because on their website, they say that ideally they should be done over two days, but I spread mine out over like a week...I always panic with these things!
Reply 182
is that anyone receive the task from manchester and UCL???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by karrie
is that anyone receive the task from manchester and UCL???

yes I posted my Manchester blog off last Wednesday and Recieved my offer this Monday:smile:
I sent off my ucl task Monday too but havnt heard any reply :s
Original post by L1N
yes I posted my Manchester blog off last Wednesday and Recieved my offer this Monday:smile:

Would you mind telling me what sorts of things you put in your Manchester blog? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, for the writing part, is the 450 words supposed to be only the studying at MSA part or all of it, eg. Favourite architect, building you'd like to visit, etc.? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*subscribes*

I can't remember if I was on the thread before,but I'm back again! Im hoping to send my application off this week. I still dont know where to apply to but I'm in love with Nottingham and Sheffield! Has anyone heard from them yet?

Thinking UCL and Portsmouth too.
Does anyone recommend anywhere else? I'm predicted AAB :smile:
Original post by decoglitter
Also, for the writing part, is the 450 words supposed to be only the studying at MSA part or all of it, eg. Favourite architect, building you'd like to visit, etc.? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it should be 450 words total, the whole thing that is. I saw some blogs from previous years and they were like that. :smile:
Btw, I got mine last week but haven't even started doing it yet because I was dealing with the Newcastle portfolio.. probably will start today :smile:
Ok, thanks! :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by L1N

would you mind to tell me about what kind of the task did manchester and ucl ask to do?? thx!

Reply 190
Original post by karrie
would you mind to tell me about what kind of the task did manchester and ucl ask to do?? thx!

Ucl I just went to museum to do sketches in a afternoon. They want 6 quick sketchs and 200 words.

manchester I sent this to them http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5525067144603358374#overview/src=dashboard

they want like 10-12 images of your personal portfolio and they ask you to write- why you want to study at msa/ recent visited building/ building you would like to visit / favorite achitect. you choose 4 from list 450 word total. They want you to make a account on google eblogger and submit and send them the link after your done

Hope this helps
Original post by L1N
Ucl I just went to museum to do sketches in a afternoon. They want 6 quick sketchs and 200 words.

manchester I sent this to them http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5525067144603358374#overview/src=dashboard

they want like 10-12 images of your personal portfolio and they ask you to write- why you want to study at msa/ recent visited building/ building you would like to visit / favorite achitect. you choose 4 from list 450 word total. They want you to make a account on google eblogger and submit and send them the link after your done

Hope this helps

Thanks for your advice! :smile: The link doesn't seem to work though..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by decoglitter
Thanks for your advice! :smile: The link doesn't seem to work though..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem. you need a eblogger google account for it to work if not type into google. '109 448 5052'. i also found other examples of other peoples blog which was useful by typing in 'why i want to study at manchester school of architecture'
Reply 193
Original post by L1N

Hope this helps

thanks!!!!

Original post by 88888
That's a shame that u didn't get into them last year, but you got 4As already,how did bath,edingburgh still reject you...:frown: btw, may I please ask what predicted grades did you get? And when did you receive the rejections?

I am almost applying for the same unis as you this year, except UCL.. Good luck with you this time:smile:

My predicted grades were A*AA, but I think I got rejections because my tutor wrote a sentence in my reference along the lines of "although he is not naturally apt at analysing given information [...]" and I think that killed it.

The Sheffield "mini" project requires you to represent your street in an original way.

What Cambridge college have you applied to? And are you on a gap year? :smile:
Reply 195
Original post by Yacine Abed
My predicted grades were A*AA, but I think I got rejections because my tutor wrote a sentence in my reference along the lines of "although he is not naturally apt at analysing given information [...]" and I think that killed it.

The Sheffield "mini" project requires you to represent your street in an original way.

What Cambridge college have you applied to? And are you on a gap year? :smile:

That's so annoying.... And it's so unfair for you:mad:

No, I am studying A2 at the moment, I wont take a gap year unless no offers.... I applied to Newnham College:smile:. Have you started your portfolio?
Hello everyone!

Just received a portfolio request from Cardiff. Yay!
On the email it says:

The portfolio must include a Letter of Verification on School/College headed paper, and signed by a Tutor.

Does this mean I need to get my college to write a verification letter and why?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by Abblecrumble
Hello everyone!

Just received a portfolio request from Cardiff. Yay!
On the email it says:

Does this mean I need to get my college to write a verification letter and why?

Yep, for mine the head of fine art just wrote a confirmation that it was all my work and recommended me to the institution. I sent mine off with my ucas and they didn't say anything about it being wrong so just go for something like that haha! Oh and make sure it's on paper headed with your school logo and address or something. Your tutor should be able to sort that out :smile: good luck!
Reply 198
Original post by L1N

Hope this helps

The lantern you made is so cool. How did you do it?
Reply 199
anyone else applying at central saint martins?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending