The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by HPAG
If I may cut in. The more you delay the more likely that they will say no. Over another issue , to a another university, I called, got my clarification and asked for an email. Which they were happy to send.

Thank you :smile: I will give it a week and if there is no reply, then i will phone them up and ask for an email also!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HPAG
If I may cut in. The more you delay the more likely that they will say no. Over another issue , to a another university, I called, got my clarification and asked for an email. Which they were happy to send.

i agree! Some uni sometimes could take up to 2-3 weeks to reply an email, whereas a phone would sort everything out in a day :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1982
Offer for Dundee, rejected by Edinburgh. Ah well, at least that's all of the replied, and to think I was going to look around Edinburgh yesterday
Reply 1983
Original post by Ctiffanie0708
i agree! Some uni sometimes could take up to 2-3 weeks to reply an email, whereas a phone would sort everything out in a day :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will phone them up very soon, I just want the security of having it in writing from them incase there is any confusion when I re-apply! thank you for everyone's opinions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone gotten an offer from the AA??
Reply 1985
Original post by Ruroyer72
Anyone gotten an offer from the AA??

Did you have an interview?
quick question :smile: so i firmed sheffi and wanted to apply for accommodation. I typed the data but it said that i have to have an offer (i got unconditional from them) should i wait for an email from the school that they got my reply (if there is any)?
Original post by JoshuaPeasley
Anyone else firmed Cardiff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

90% sure :smile:
Rejection from UCL already and I'm gutted about Edinburgh, safe to say I had my heart set on it and im going to inquire for a reason why, Looks like its Oxford Brookes! See whoever at the applicant day next week, oh god I hope I like it!
Reply 1989
Original post by urbanoutfitter
Rejection from UCL already and I'm gutted about Edinburgh, safe to say I had my heart set on it and im going to inquire for a reason why, Looks like its Oxford Brookes! See whoever at the applicant day next week, oh god I hope I like it!

Sorry to hear about the bad news.. Yeah, i find its best to get clarity on the situation and ask what their reasons where for their decision!
I will be going to the Oxford Brooke's applicant day also on the 6th :smile: although I may be withdrawing my application to re-apply next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeedK
I will phone them up very soon, I just want the security of having it in writing from them incase there is any confusion when I re-apply! thank you for everyone's opinions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luckkkk!! Keep us updating :smile:
Just firmed Bath with Edinburgh as insurance, exciting times!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not yet chosen my firm.
I know that it will be between Nottingham and Newcastle but I really don't know where to choose.
Does anyone just have some ideas of positive and negative points of the course, location, cost, galleries, accommodation, landscape, academia, teaching etc.
Even if you think it is silly :smile:
Reply 1993
Original post by Ctiffanie0708
Good luckkkk!! Keep us updating :smile:

thank you and will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1994
Original post by LittleMissNoface
I have not yet chosen my firm.
I know that it will be between Nottingham and Newcastle but I really don't know where to choose.
Does anyone just have some ideas of positive and negative points of the course, location, cost, galleries, accommodation, landscape, academia, teaching etc.
Even if you think it is silly :smile:

not got a clue about Nottingham, but Newcastle has a large population of students (and therefore, apparently, an amazing night life) as well as not being too expensive. The city itself isn't huge as every thing's tightly packed so easy to walk to (may not be for everyone i guess but it's one thing I loved about it). From what I gathered there was plenty of decent accommodation for a reasonable price :smile: I'm reasonably sure they mentioned they have day trips to Durham on the course too, which isn't too far.

ummmm, I think that's all I can think of, I really liked Newcastle, the course seemed really good and the people were lovely, but I won't get AAA :frown: So now I'm torn between Oxford Brookes and Northumbria, but i'm swerving towards Northumbria :tongue:
Reply 1995
Dont know whether to put cardiff or Manchester as insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amber_24
not got a clue about Nottingham, but Newcastle has a large population of students (and therefore, apparently, an amazing night life) as well as not being too expensive. The city itself isn't huge as every thing's tightly packed so easy to walk to (may not be for everyone i guess but it's one thing I loved about it). From what I gathered there was plenty of decent accommodation for a reasonable price :smile: I'm reasonably sure they mentioned they have day trips to Durham on the course too, which isn't too far.

ummmm, I think that's all I can think of, I really liked Newcastle, the course seemed really good and the people were lovely, but I won't get AAA :frown: So now I'm torn between Oxford Brookes and Northumbria, but i'm swerving towards Northumbria :tongue:

Thank you :smile:
Yes, cost is something which really matters to me, when I compare prices there is a substantial difference :/

Everything on paper seems to be pointing to Nottingham: longer course (Meng), free materials, closer to London, close links with international universities to take out a year, slightly higher in rankings, my best friend and boyfriend said that in 2014 when they go to university they will wanna go to London.

But I got a weird feeling when I went to Nottingham and I felt really good when I went to Newcastle, it felt right.

Maybe it is because Newcastle is more north and more like murky (H)ull a bit more. I don't like the idea of boring constructed landscapes.
I liked the idea of Newcastle being right next to the art department and the lecturer was very insightful compared to the others which was not what I wanted architecture to be about.
Does anyone have opinions about Nottingham?
What did you think?
Original post by LittleMissNoface
Thank you :smile:
Yes, cost is something which really matters to me, when I compare prices there is a substantial difference :/

Everything on paper seems to be pointing to Nottingham: longer course (Meng), free materials, closer to London, close links with international universities to take out a year, slightly higher in rankings, my best friend and boyfriend said that in 2014 when they go to university they will wanna go to London.

But I got a weird feeling when I went to Nottingham and I felt really good when I went to Newcastle, it felt right.

Maybe it is because Newcastle is more north and more like murky (H)ull a bit more. I don't like the idea of boring constructed landscapes.
I liked the idea of Newcastle being right next to the art department and the lecturer was very insightful compared to the others which was not what I wanted architecture to be about.

You should follow your gut feeling. Newcastle is a train ride away from London, just like Nottingham is, so I wouldn't make "distance to London" a decisive factor. From what you've said you sound like you'd be happier at Newcastle :smile:
Original post by The Testicle
You should follow your gut feeling. Newcastle is a train ride away from London, just like Nottingham is, so I wouldn't make "distance to London" a decisive factor. From what you've said you sound like you'd be happier at Newcastle :smile:

Yea, but I don't feel like I am giving Nottingham a fair chance. I just wanna know what else Nottingham has going for it which I might have missed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending