The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Architecture Portfolio submitted 12 Nov awaiting news.

Any U of Manchester applicants who have submitted portfolios n have or have not received offers ?
Original post by HPAG
Architecture Portfolio submitted 12 Nov awaiting news.

Any U of Manchester applicants who have submitted portfolios n have or have not received offers ?

Yep,i got an offer from Manchester last week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by decoglitter
Yep,i got an offer from Manchester last week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats ! :smile:

When did you send portfolio and when did you receive offer ?
I've got an offer from Newcastle!! :smile:)
Just sent my Manchester blog.. I hope it's not a problem if I sent it 1 day after the 4 week deadline.. I thought it was one month but maybe it's not the same.. oh well, let's hope they won't have it in mind.
Reply 384
Original post by crystalcastle
Just sent my Manchester blog.. I hope it's not a problem if I sent it 1 day after the 4 week deadline.. I thought it was one month but maybe it's not the same.. oh well, let's hope they won't have it in mind.

Manchester letter says "within a month of receiving this communication." So last date would be the following month same date the portfolio request was received. (12th October request received would be 12th November deadline)

Four week deadline was from Nottingham
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HPAG
Congrats ! :smile:

When did you send portfolio and when did you receive offer ?

Thanks! Sent portfolio at the beginning of November (i think around the 7th or 8th) and got an offer about 3 days after :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crystalcastle

Congrats! :smile: Can I ask what offer and how long it took?
Original post by ContemporaryTales
Congrats! :smile: Can I ask what offer and how long it took?

I sent it off 2 Nov. Actually, I'm a Bulgarian student so they want me to achieve 5.5 in my diploma which would be AAA.
Reply 388
Hello everyone, good luck with your applications. I am an international applicant with South Korean nationality, applying from Istanbul, Turkey, currently attending a British International School.

I've applied to

Cambridge, UCL, Cardiff, Glasgow and Bath for Architecture

I have received emails from all 5 of the universities acknowledging my application.

Cardiff asked for a 4 pages of A4 portfolio, which I sent off on 2nd of November.

UCL(Bartlett), I was sent an email with assessment task, which I sent off on 10th of November.

Glasgow sent a mail saying I should wait further instruction, for which I am still waiting for.

I received Cambridge interview offer for 7th of December,
and UCL interview for 11th of February.

I'm quite excited, and scare at the same time for the upcoming interviews. Anyone got a tip on how to prepare yourself?
Reply 389
Original post by ILoveBananas
did you have an interview? what sort of questions did they ask? :colondollar:

I didn't have an interview, just submitted UCAS and sent in portfolio. Sorry :smile:
sent off my ucl task today for thursday
Reply 391
Original post by paisleyjacket
Yes I had it last week, I just had to talk through my portfolio and explain what I'm interested in. They take you on a tour first which relaxes you, and all the staff are really friendly.

Nothing to worry about :smile:

EDIT: Just got an offer for there!! :smile:

Ahhhh!! Congratulations, that's so exciting :smile: when you say what 'you're interested in', does that mean to do with architecture ? Should I have something to say about my favourite architect etc?
Original post by lzbthcrk
Ahhhh!! Congratulations, that's so exciting :smile: when you say what 'you're interested in', does that mean to do with architecture ? Should I have something to say about my favourite architect etc?

Yeah, prepare answers for things like that :smile:
What's the general opinion of Brighton for Architecture?
It's placed 14th in the Complete University Guide league table, but 43rd in the Guardian league table?
Reply 394
Original post by usernamemanresu
sent off my ucl task today for thursday

when did you send ur ucas?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 395
Original post by jaychang
Hello everyone, good luck with your applications. I am an international applicant with South Korean nationality, applying from Istanbul, Turkey, currently attending a British International School.

I've applied to

Cambridge, UCL, Cardiff, Glasgow and Bath for Architecture

I have received emails from all 5 of the universities acknowledging my application.

Cardiff asked for a 4 pages of A4 portfolio, which I sent off on 2nd of November.

UCL(Bartlett), I was sent an email with assessment task, which I sent off on 10th of November.

Glasgow sent a mail saying I should wait further instruction, for which I am still waiting for.

I received Cambridge interview offer for 7th of December,
and UCL interview for 11th of February.

I'm quite excited, and scare at the same time for the upcoming interviews. Anyone got a tip on how to prepare yourself?

Which college you apply for at Cambridge?

Reply 396
Original post by L1N
Which college you apply for at Cambridge?

Sidney Sussex :rolleyes:
placed right next to Sainsbury :biggrin:
Reply 397
I sent my UCL task out on 25th of Oct but still heard nothing from them :frown: does anyone know what is happening? sent my sheffield task out about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them either :frown:
Reply 398
Original post by pinkprot
I sent my UCL task out on 25th of Oct but still heard nothing from them :frown: does anyone know what is happening? sent my sheffield task out about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them either :frown:

Sheffield & Manchester on 12th no news. Anybody who sent 12th or later get reply for either ?
Original post by karrie
when did you send ur ucas?

I sent it at the begining of half term, 26th of october ish? got the task around the 9th of novemeber for the 22nd i think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending