The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by delann
I'm sorry. :frown: I attended these Cambridge interviews for the first time and getting the result was quite a shock but we have to carry on :smile: I do hope I'll get offers from somewhere because I'm starting to panic...

No I meant they said it once in their letter and now in UCAS track :P. It was my first one too. Don't worry there is plenty of time to receive offers :wink:
Reply 981
Original post by delann
I'm sorry. :frown: I attended these Cambridge interviews for the first time and getting the result was quite a shock but we have to carry on :smile: I do hope I'll get offers from somewhere because I'm starting to panic...

I think we're all panicking. The waiting is so horrible! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by crystalcastle
Don't worry, I'm an EU student and still waiting for Sheffield. Just got an email from UCAS track saying I've got a change and I was so exited until the moment I saw it was Cambridge telling me I was unsuccessful.. for the 2nd time :biggrin:

yeah, i was so excited thinking Bath was finally responding, but turns out it was just cambridge telling me I was unsuccessful for the second time.
I would like to encourage people to add their university application statuses to the Architecture Stalking page (if you want to, of course). This is so that next year's applicants can look back and have an idea of what type of student gets into specific universities. Last year's stalking page is full of student info and it sort of helped me decide what universities I applied for this year. :bumps:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:Architecture_2013_Applicant_Stalking_Page
Reply 984
Original post by The Testicle
I would like to encourage people to add their university application statuses to the Architecture Stalking page (if you want to, of course). This is so that next year's applicants can look back and have an idea of what type of student gets into specific universities. Last year's stalking page is full of student info and it sort of helped me decide what universities I applied for this year. :bumps:

and if you don't know how to edit the page, you can just put your info here and someone will be helpful enough to update them on the page :smile:
Original post by jaychang
yeah, i was so excited thinking Bath was finally responding, but turns out it was just cambridge telling me I was unsuccessful for the second time.

Same here guys... It felt like this :bricks:

Hopefully we'll become great architects and Cambridge will send us a letter of apology in around 20 years or so :wink:

Hopefully we'll become great architects and Cambridge will send us a letter of apology in around 20 years or so :wink:

I second that!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 987

i'm just waiting for their feedback :dry:
Reply 988
So how good my portfolio should be to get in the CSM Art and Design foundation course?

Done :smile: I kind of break the chain of A's and B's with my weird Bulgarian grades but oh well, I may help someone right :biggrin:
Original post by delann
So how good my portfolio should be to get in the CSM Art and Design foundation course?

CSM really likes to see a lot of experimentation (i.e. the use of different and unusual mediums to represent things in different ways). Clear development of how you reached final outcomes is very important as well. They are looking for your creativity and willingness to 'think outside the box' (try things that are outside your comfort zone). They don't necessarily care that much about the quality of drawing or perfect pencil-drawn representations of photographs. Although, if you apply, I would encourage you to include a few life drawings at the end of your portfolio because that's a true indicator of observational drawing. Try to attend a life drawing session or two to get a few A1 sheets of naked people :2euk48l: and try using different mediums/techniques every time. Even if they are not that good, at least it shows your determination to explore the art of figure drawing and it gives them a true indication of your 'fine art' level.

That's all I can think of for now but if anyone knows anything else that should be mentioned, please feel free to add to what I said!
Offer from Sheffield, really glad the offers are coming through. I thought I had been forgotten :smile:
Reply 992
Original post by LittleMissNoface
Offer from Sheffield, really glad the offers are coming through. I thought I had been forgotten :smile:

congrats :smile:
Reply 993
CSM really likes to see a lot of experimentation (i.e. the use of different and unusual mediums to represent things in different ways). Clear development of how you reached final outcomes is very important as well. They are looking for your creativity and willingness to 'think outside the box' (try things that are outside your comfort zone). They don't necessarily care that much about the quality of drawing or perfect pencil-drawn representations of photographs. Although, if you apply, I would encourage you to include a few life drawings at the end of your portfolio because that's a true indicator of observational drawing. Try to attend a life drawing session or two to get a few A1 sheets of naked people :2euk48l: and try using different mediums/techniques every time. Even if they are not that good, at least it shows your determination to explore the art of figure drawing and it gives them a true indication of your 'fine art' level.

That's all I can think of for now but if anyone knows anything else that should be mentioned, please feel free to add to what I said!

Thanks for your answer!

My problem is that I live in a really small town and have no opportunity to learn to draw other than taking one-to-one classes from a pretty good teacher, and I can't just start drawing naked people because we're not there yet! Soooo... I dunnno....:confused:
Just had a Nottingham offer! Yay :biggrin:
Reply 995
Original post by crystalcastle
Just had a Nottingham offer! Yay :biggrin:

:top: congrats
Ooh to all with a Nottingham offer, there's an open day for offer holders on feb 20th so I hope to see you there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who is going to the Sheffield open day on the 30th of January? :lurk:
Reply 998
Original post by Architecture-er
Good luck! Whereabouts?

kingston university. the interviewer loved my art work i think it went really well
Reply 999
Original post by Winchester
Good luck, is it Oxford Brookes?

no i'm still waiting for a reply to my online portfolio from oxford brookes i had my interview at kingston

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending