The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Woke up to an offer from Oxford Brookes. Weeee! :smile:
Original post by tom3093
What's the UCAS deadline? Also 3 weeks isn't a long wait for Sheffield, I sent mine off over 2 months ago and some people on here sent theirs in November and still don't have a decision

It's 31st of march :smile: and I just got an 'unsuccessful' from Sheffield, they said it was because I got a B as gcse physics :'( dear oh dear! Hope yours goes well :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sayyes
Where do you think you will be happiest living for 3 years?

Just think, got to go through all this again for part 2.

I go through phases of thinking Cardiff and phases of thinking Sheffield, there's nothing to separate them! Getting onto part two isn't as hard though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshuaPeasley
I go through phases of thinking Cardiff and phases of thinking Sheffield, there's nothing to separate them! Getting onto part two isn't as hard though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should just think of what city would fit you better, if you don't find anything else to separate the two. Do some research on each one, see some pictures, maybe it will help you decide.
Original post by erin_rose11
It's 31st of march :smile: and I just got an 'unsuccessful' from Sheffield, they said it was because I got a B as gcse phusks :'( dear oh dear! Hope yours goes well :smile:

Oh wow, sorry to hear that :frown:. The competition must be crazy for the last few places... I hope to hear from them soon!:s-smilie:
Original post by crystalcastle
Oh wow, sorry to hear that :frown:. The competition must be crazy for the last few places... I hope to hear from them soon!:s-smilie:

Apparently so :/ I'm sure you'll get a place :biggrin: good luck!!!
Just got my feedback from my application to GSA, apparently it's based on the stage 1 assessment:

Academic status
Motivation
Programme awareness
Experience
References

And if you meet all criteria there's the interview assessment:

Ability to discuss architecture/msa barch programme
Ability to apply practical skills
Ability to analyse/explore ideas
Ability to discuss work and put in context

And each of them are marked and there's a threshold number which I assume if you get more than you get an offer!

I only got one thing for the stage 1 assessment so that was good haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misaelliot
Just got my feedback from my application to GSA, apparently it's based on the stage 1 assessment:

Academic status
Motivation
Programme awareness
Experience
References

And if you meet all criteria there's the interview assessment:

Ability to discuss architecture/msa barch programme
Ability to apply practical skills
Ability to analyse/explore ideas
Ability to discuss work and put in context

And each of them are marked and there's a threshold number which I assume if you get more than you get an offer!

I only got one thing for the stage 1 assessment so that was good haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you've been accepted or not? :smile:
Reply 1788
Original post by decoglitter
Of course! Well for starters the department was very friendly and impressive too! First we had an introductory talk explaining the course structure and then a tour of the studios. After that we did a little design task in small groups and presented our ideas, which was really fun! :smile: we also got some information about the placements and erasmus scheme..that's about it! :smile:

that sounds nice! i assume you liked the studio space? grrrrrr I really do want to firm Bath, but i'll have to wait until US universities give their offers.
Original post by jaychang
that sounds nice! i assume you liked the studio space? grrrrrr I really do want to firm Bath, but i'll have to wait until US universities give their offers.

You're applying to US universities? Which ones?
Reply 1790
Does anyone know how long Northumbria take to respond after an interview?? :smile:
Reply 1791
Original post by imakitcat
You're applying to US universities? Which ones?

quite a few, 9 places to be exact. MIT, Yale, CooperUnion, Columbia, UPenn, Rice, Cornell, Syracuse and IIT.
I received offers from Syracuse and IIT so far, and MIT result comes out in 5 hours :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Amber_24
Does anyone know how long Northumbria take to respond after an interview?? :smile:

I had my interview Wednesday 6th and got my response yesterday, so should be a week!
Original post by jaychang
quite a few, 9 places to be exact. MIT, Yale, CooperUnion, Columbia, UPenn, Rice, Cornell, Syracuse and IIT.
I received offers from Syracuse and IIT so far, and MIT result comes out in 5 hours :s-smilie:

Dang. That's quite a handful, bet all those applications were fun, haha. Yeah I have friends in some of those programs, and I've heard great things about Syracuse and UPenn. You must be quite smart, those schools aren't easy to get into. Good luck, let me know what MIT says. Fingers crossed for ya :smile:
Reply 1794
Original post by harryriddick
I had my interview Wednesday 6th and got my response yesterday, so should be a week!

grr that feels like so far away !! :tongue:

Thank you !! :smile:
Reply 1795
Original post by imakitcat
Dang. That's quite a handful, bet all those applications were fun, haha. Yeah I have friends in some of those programs, and I've heard great things about Syracuse and UPenn. You must be quite smart, those schools aren't easy to get into. Good luck, let me know what MIT says. Fingers crossed for ya :smile:

oh, writing several essays for each of nine universities was a joy i will never forget.
Applying, and getting in is two separate stories, mind you :biggrin:
It was a half desperate and half sincere attempt, the result of which will be out soon.
I highly doubt i'll get into MIT since they apparently only pick 2 students from entire Turkey, but we'll see.
there is a possibility i will get in, until i get rejected!
Anyone know where I can get hold of a current student at Cardiff to talk to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshuaPeasley
I am really stuck between firming Cardiff or Sheffield, what would you guys do? I just can't choose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd go with Sheffield myself :smile: it's such a student city plus they have amazing small music venues and the accommodation is so very nice :biggrin: hope it all goes well
Original post by Winchester
So you've been accepted or not? :smile:

Oh no I didn't get accepted haha, the that was good comment was sarcasm, I didn't get an interview cos I think you had to meet all the criteria first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by decoglitter
Just got back from the Bath open day! I was the one in the bright blue jumper and sparkly trousers if anyone else was there today :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I was there! Can't recall any blue jumpers or sparkly trousers though :|
I was on the team which made the walkway out of square arches for the project. I'm the one who asked the question to the 4th year students asking them if they were still aspiring to become architects :smile: (I was wearing a dark grey jumper with a blue shirt underneath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending