The Student Room Group

Landscape Architecture as a Mature Student

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that could offer any advice, insight or experiences in studying Landscape Architecture as a mature student or perhaps experience in the work place on completion of studies.

I'm 35 with a previous degree in Landscape Management (ordinary, left at this stage as I was the last one on the course and it was a bit weird not having a peer group to bounce ideas off). I've approximately fifteen years work experience in gardening, landscaping, garden centre management and currently run my own gardening and garden design business.

Recently I took a year out and appreciated through working and travel abroad that if I had a qualification in Landscape Architecture many more doors would be open. My current options are to return to my previous college and attain Honours level in a similar subject such as Horticulture or Garden Design (they will hopefully have me back for third year entry this year) then aim to pursue Post Graduate study in Landscape Architecture. My second option is to gain entry to first year Landscape Architecture through an access course for 2013 entry.

Personally I think entry as a post graduate makes more sense but would be very grateful for others to give there experiences or opinions. Or is potential entry into the job market of Landscape Architecture at nearly 40 a silly idea?

Many Thanks,

G

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending