The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants (2013)

Hi
So I was wondering who is applying for Nursing 2013? Any Branch. What unis are you looking at? And discuss anything here

Scroll to see replies

Hey I started a thread for 2012 applicants and just done one for 2013 if you want to look on there
Reply 2
Hey im applying for 2013 to do child nursing , at demontfort , university of nottingham, manchester, birmingham city and northampton :smile: xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by rockieroad
Hi
So I was wondering who is applying for Nursing 2013? Any Branch. What unis are you looking at? And discuss anything here

Hey, I am hopefully (if I don't change my mind again) applying for Learning Disabilities Nursing and Social Work. I will be applying this year (if I get my A-Level grades back at BBB) for 2013 but will be deferring as I start my college course in H&S care in September and this will take two years so I am deferring till 2014! Oh and I forgot to add I am applying (hopefully) to Edge Hill, Salford and Sheffield Hallam for LDN and SW and Leeds and Hull for plain Social Work.

Sophie.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Hey, I'm applying for Child Nursing at Leeds, York, Nottingham, Northumbria and Manchester :biggrin: just need to get some work experience done.

Good Luck everyone!

Original post by Mariarghh
Hey, I'm applying for Child Nursing at Leeds, York, Nottingham, Northumbria and Manchester :biggrin: just need to get some work experience done.

Good Luck everyone!

I live in Newcastle and live near Northumbria, I firmed and insured there when I wanted to go to uni this year. It's an amazing uni and is most certainly an amazing city! See Geordie Shore for proof (; anyway hope you consider it cause you will soon catch the Geordie spirit!

Good luck to you too!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by rockieroad
Hi

hey, I'm going to apply for child nursing, I'm mainly looking at uni's in London
such as Greenwich, Kingston, West London etc
Reply 7
Original post by ptnme11
hey, I'm going to apply for child nursing, I'm mainly looking at uni's in London
such as Greenwich, Kingston, West London etc

Hey im applying to greenwich (and a couple of others) to do child nursing for sept 2013. Are you doing any qualifications before applying or just gaining work experience?
:-)
Reply 8
Original post by Kim_maria
Hey im applying to greenwich (and a couple of others) to do child nursing for sept 2013. Are you doing any qualifications before applying or just gaining work experience?

I'm still at college at the moment just finishing off my A levels but Im hoping to do some volunteering at my local hospital as well, what about you?
Original post by ptnme11
I'm still at college at the moment just finishing off my A levels but Im hoping to do some volunteering at my local hospital as well, what about you?

I know you didn't ask me the question but I'm going to try and get experience in palliative care and elderly care. I'm going to also try and shadow a LD nurse.
Reply 10
Original post by ptnme11

I'll be a mature student (not by much tho-22) i work with special needs children and am a paediatric carer, I've got to do a small course with the open uni to show recent study as i've been out of education for over 5 years (yikes!!) and i'll also have to resit my maths gcse as 2 of the unis wouldnt accept a D. So lots to do but it will all be worth it if i get onto the course :-)
I'll be a mature student (not by much tho-22) i work with special needs children and am a paediatric carer, I've got to do a small course with the open uni to show recent study as i've been out of education for over 5 years (yikes!!) and i'll also have to resit my maths gcse as 2 of the unis wouldnt accept a D. So lots to do but it will all be worth it if i get onto the course :-)

I'd love to work with special needs children! (:
Reply 12
Original post by sophieleannexo
I'd love to work with special needs children! (:

Its the most rewarding job I've ever had, never know what your going to get from one day to the next but thats what makes it dynamic and challanging! If I didnt feel so drawn towards child nursing i would seriously consider training to be a SEN teacher.
Its the most rewarding job I've ever had, never know what your going to get from one day to the next but thats what makes it dynamic and challanging! If I didnt feel so drawn towards child nursing i would seriously consider training to be a SEN teacher.

I have considered doing that- becoming a SEN teacher I mean. But I want to be out working ASAP! You've really reaffirmed my aspiration to work with disabled people! Thanks! That means I definitely will do LDN @ uni! I have such a desire to work with people who are disabled, as you have said it is so rewarding!

Sophie.
Reply 14
Original post by sophieleannexo
I have considered doing that- becoming a SEN teacher I mean. But I want to be out working ASAP! You've really reaffirmed my aspiration to work with disabled people! Thanks! That means I definitely will do LDN @ uni! I have such a desire to work with people who are disabled, as you have said it is so rewarding!

Sophie.

Glad to help! :-)
Glad to help! :-)

(: I'm glad too! I'd love to work with disabled people everyday. So obviously with LDN you have that (:
Hi I'm looking to do adult nursing and applying for sheffield hallam, bristol uwe, leeds, manchester met and birmingham city for 2013 :smile:
Nervous about the work experience side of it i have 1 week arranged at one of the local hospitals for october and looking to get some volunteer work this summer hopefully but nobody seems to have any available so far! :frown: Hopefully they'll take into consideration the fact i'll be coming straight from doing a-levels so haven't had as much time as some other applicants :confused:
Good luck everyone xx
Original post by alexandra maria
Hi I'm looking to do adult nursing and applying for sheffield hallam, bristol uwe, leeds, manchester met and birmingham city for 2013 :smile:
Nervous about the work experience side of it i have 1 week arranged at one of the local hospitals for october and looking to get some volunteer work this summer hopefully but nobody seems to have any available so far! :frown: Hopefully they'll take into consideration the fact i'll be coming straight from doing a-levels so haven't had as much time as some other applicants :confused:
Good luck everyone xx

As long as you have some experience you will be fine! And good luck to you too! (:
Hi, I'm starting Children's nursing at Northumbria in march 2013!! :biggrin: can't wait to get started! xx
Reply 19
I start NORTHUMBRIA in March 2013 to do ADULT NURSING.

Feel free to message me or add me on Facebook (Leanne King from Newton Aycliffe)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending