The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have a sister and we are twelve years apart. Ever since the age of twelve people always thought that I was the mom. It's not really fun to have a sibling that is so much younger than you because you are expected to treat them as your son or daughter. At age twenty you are old enough to be a mom. I guess in some countries having a sibling that much younger than you is not weird. I wouldn't say it weird, but it is not exciting. I might be in the same boat you are in one day. My mom said that once I leave the house, she would plan to have another one, in order to replace me. It's good that you are completely comfortable with it. Your younger sibling may always want to see you though, so you would always have to visit them.
I was twelve years old when my sister was born. I was excited. I only had brothers before that. I slightly started to hate it, when I was expected to treat her as a daughter. I have a brother that is close to my age, but he doesn't like me nor care for our little sister. Our parents are okay with that.

Latest

Trending

Trending