The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dancerwoman
Very strange. Mine too is red on the OCOG bit. A little underneath the OCOG, it has my name, then OCC Cast. Does yours say OOC Cast then? If so, that most definitely is a Cast Member Accreditation that they'd given you.

Yep ............. OCOG (in white lettering with red background)

Name
OOC CAST
London 2012 Ceremonies Ltd.

....... then a bar code under that lot.

That's what it says.
Original post by tinydancersmum
Dancerwoman - I'm sure your ticket offer will arrive soon.

Tiny D had e mail today with offer of one ticket for opening dress rehearsal, she is in closing only group 80.:biggrin:

Thanks!. I have to remember to refresh my Inbox on regular intervals.
When are 51ers due to be at the stadium btw? - maybe I could pop over then and see someone from the casting team in person about this/my accreditation issue then?

(not expecting to join in on the rehearsal session of course!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 783
Original post by Flakeydom

I saw that one segment have 150hrs:confused: of rehearsals- woah! Do we have any idea how many hours each group is doing roughly (not the numbers of the segments) just the totals and how many rehearsals? Flakey could it be another spreadsheet??

We have 15 and I guess around 80 hours if we have full days for the wkends pre POC for 87A.

I also heard a very positive report on Radio5Live this week about how many hours volunteers were putting in as cast and how long people had been rehearsing. It was a reporter on the NickyCampbell show around 620am- will find a link on iplayer.

I spoke to a costume volunteer and they confirmed that some people had turned up for costume fittings "commando" as we had been told about and they had been warned. eek! bizarre thing to do!

To anyone starting at 3Mills: stay hydrated: it was getting pretty darn warm for us this week. All very exciting. Also I find I get really hungry and need to eat before we start or before the break. I feel the solid floor is quite harsh for our impact work but I should just stop stomping on it so much! If anyone has notes from 87A/B do PM me- memory fading- I need to make a little vid of myself practising it. Im also getting more wrist sweatbands if you're dancing with props as I did really bruise myself in the rapid moves.
Original post by cornishscot

Name
OOC CAST

That's what it says.

I'd suggest get on the blower first thing Monday morning as that's very strange. Did you attend any Opening Ceremony rehearsals as the pass you've been issued could be in relation to a particular Segment.
Was looking at their FB and website and there's no new info. It'll be interesting to see how they're going to update their website though. I'm not drumming though but would be interested to see how they're going to arrange all this. I'm thinking in relation to the drummers because there are not many venues in London that allow drumming to be done without the neighbours complaining about noise.

It's being held in a conference centre near Holborn and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of residential buildings close by, as far as I can tell.

Reminds me though - must get some earplugs on Monday - I don't normally bother with them (naughty I know) but 80 drummers in closed quarters is gonna be looooooooud!

Original post by galactica2009
Excellent news! Very well done to you. Hope to see you on Monday 2nd July:smile: :smile:.

Hurrah! If you see me come say hi. I'm tall and ginger and will be wearing rainbow-coloured Converse. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd suggest get on the blower first thing Monday morning as that's very strange. Did you attend any Opening Ceremony rehearsals as the pass you've been issued could be in relation to a particular Segment.

Nope - haven't been to ANY rehearsals/orientation for ANY CEREMONY as yet - dates I have been given for para. ceremonies orientation/rehearsals don't happen for another couple of weeks yet for me - Group 90B that is btw if someone is able to compare note and confirm 17th July as the date for me please.

Maybe it's just a case that the reserves have to be accredited too by now just in case they are called up to fill a hole "at the eleventh hour" (in which case mine is now done, ready and collected !)

That would seem the most logical (only?) explanation but until someone "official" there looks into it for me properly I guess I will never know the answer to that one - watch this space.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Terpsikhore
It's being held in a conference centre near Holborn. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of residential buildings close by, as far as I can tell.

A church, albeit a huge one apparently (not a conference centre) ?

That's where I've been asked to go to help out on production next week anyhow.
:wink:
Original post by Terpsikhore
It's being held in a conference centre near Holborn. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of residential buildings close by, as far as I can tell.

I so hope that when it comes to the dancers for Paralympics that they find somewhere more Central (maybe the same venue?) as per your rehearsal venue. Kind of dreading it if the dance rehearsals end up being at the same place where we had the auditions.

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun at the rehearsals - with it being Rio, I'm sure that they're going to be extremely lively :biggrin::biggrin:
Can someone please remind me what the tele. number for Casting is too please (03?? 2012 ??) rings a bell.
I so hope that when it comes to the dancers for Paralympics that they find somewhere more Central (maybe the same venue?) as per your rehearsal venue. Kind of dreading it if the dance rehearsals end up being at the same place where we had the auditions.

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun at the rehearsals - with it being Rio, I'm sure that they're going to be extremely lively :biggrin::biggrin:

Not sure what exactly is planned re. Para Rio Handover yet but if I hear anything useful about that, through being involved with production (that I can reveal on here without upsetting the Team too much) then, of course, I will be happy to do so.
Can someone please remind me what the tele. number for Casting is too please (03?? 2012 ??) rings a bell.

I think the general number's changed? The only number I have is for my CC for my Segment (I think?) However, you're much better emailing because over the past three weeks, the number I have automatically goes to answerphone - they must be extremely busy.

Name
OOC CAST

That's what it says.

The important bit is the boxed letters just below the barcode - do you have any boxes there? You need a boxed OOC (black print) to get access to the Opening Ceremony. I am just wondering whether they maybe have given you a blank accreditation pass without access to anything. This can be upgraded flexibly in conjunction with anonymous 'upgrade passes' for each specific purpose. That's what they are planning to do with some 51ers who haven't the OCC box on their pass. Very strange.
Reply 793

Name
OOC CAST

That's what it says.

GUYS BE CAREFUL this is a public forum don't post too much info re the accreditation passes etc
Although why I am concerned about security when clearly anyone ( no offence cornishscot ) can potentially get passes!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think the general number's changed? The only number I have is for my CC for my Segment (I think?) However, you're much better emailing because over the past three weeks, the number I have automatically goes to answerphone - they must be extremely busy.

Whilst trying to source which phone number for you to call, I came across this article in the Guardian which was published a few months ago regarding "Games Makers volunteers in Limbo", not too sure if anybody came across this and whether this has been sorted out as to who has and who hasn't got roles as Games Makers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/apr/13/2012-olympics-games-maker-volunteers

Also came across this number for Games Makers:-

0845 402 2012
Reply 795
Talking about rehearsal hours, I worked out the other day that us 51ers will have had approximately 167 (170 discounting 3 for the actual show :biggrin: ) hours of rehearsals by the time we've done just the opening ceremony! How exciting is that?!

This has definitely turned into a huge commitment, but one that I wouldn't have missed for the world :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
OOps...my previous message was for Cornishscot - serves me right watching Million Pound Drop on Sky+ whilst typing - lack of concentration.
Original post by Lucky30
GUYS BE CAREFUL this is a public forum don't post too much info re the accreditation passes etc
Although why I am concerned about security when clearly anyone ( no offence cornishscot ) can potentially get passes!

I wouldn't worry, Lucky30 - all this information and more is in the Accreditation Pocket Guide that apparently has been circulated widely (hardcopy only, as far as I know). I expect lots of Games Makers have a copy. And an Identity Card alone (this is an accreditation pass without any box below the barcode, and you must have ID'ed yourself properly to get one) won't get you anywhere.
Reply 798
With the way things are going with me right now i may not be at rehearsals tomorrow, I thought i was getting better but i'm still really ill... (Don't worry it's not a catching illness it's a silent illness i have *bloody things* so no one will get it from eating my cakes)

I'll see how i'm feeling tomorrow but i think i may be too weak to rehearse =[

Hopefully i will make it! =]

I'm off to bed now to get a good nights rest! =]
Original post by commonliner
I wouldn't worry, Lucky30 - all this information and more is in the Accreditation Pocket Guide that apparently has been circulated widely (hardcopy only, as far as I know). I expect lots of Games Makers have a copy. And an Identity Card alone (this is an accreditation pass without any box below the barcode, and you must have ID'ed yourself properly to get one) won't get you anywhere.

Plus, when I went to collect mine, I had to contend with 3 different security guards - and that was before I was even allowed in the building! You can't just rock up and expect to get one. You have to be on their system in the first place and everything must tally before they issue you with one.

Quick Reply

Latest