The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Desperate help needed deciding on UEA

Scroll to see replies

I love Bath too and I had a difficult decision between Bath and UEA because they are SO similar. In the end UEA is my firm and Bath my Insurance because I just feel more comfortable at UEA.

Also my mother has RA and will be looking after my Cocker Spaniel whilst I'm away, we live on the Norfolk/Cambs borders so if I need to come home to help her I'll only be 45 mins away compared to 4 hours away! That was a big deciding factor.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by SuperCat007
I love Bath too and I had a difficult decision between Bath and UEA because they are SO similar. In the end UEA is my firm and Bath my Insurance because I just feel more comfortable at UEA.

Also my mother has RA and will be looking after my Cocker Spaniel whilst I'm away, we live on the Norfolk/Cambs borders so if I need to come home to help her I'll only be 45 mins away compared to 4 hours away! That was a big deciding factor.

I'm exactly the same. I kept making lists weighing the pro's and con's of Bath and UEA, but I don't know, UEA felt more like home. :smile:

Aw, that's sweet. :smile: But yeah, I can see why you'd want to be close to home. I wanted to get as far away as possible. I love my family, bored to death with my hometown.
Original post by SuperCat007
Agree with you 'aspirin'. I don't know where Bath has got it's good name from, maybe from Bristol being so close... who knows. But they're both ex poly-technics (sp?!) so there really isn't much difference apart from snobbish-ness

UEA isn't an ex-poly

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
I went to UEA, graduated two years ago. It's definitely not an ex-poly and I had a great time there. I also landed a decent "graduate" job not long after. However, I will say that employers certainly don't hold UEA in as high regard as other universities mentioned on this thread, such as Bath and Bristol. Actually, many of them confuse it with UWE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending