The Student Room Group

Sports Direct Inductions & Uniform

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MalteseMalteser
Yeah I know! might have to try it myself! :biggrin:

Same I might have to try it as well :biggrin:!
Original post by ohhello92x
Same I might have to try it as well :biggrin:!

The stitching is very obvious though as it sorta indents the shirt, but it's worth a shot to see if you can get away with it! :biggrin:
The stitching is very obvious though as it sorta indents the shirt, but it's worth a shot to see if you can get away with it! :biggrin:

Exactly. I could get away with it, but as you've said it's worth a shot :biggrin:!
Exactly. I could get away with it, but as you've said it's worth a shot :biggrin:!

How could you get away with it?! share your secrets! :biggrin:
How could you get away with it?! share your secrets! :biggrin:

Just thinking it through at the moment :colondollar:!
Just thinking it through at the moment :colondollar:!

I guess it'd be easier with a managers shirt on because it's a darker colour so the sew lines wouldn't be seen as clearly, whereas on the red shirts they'll appear more obviously due to the lighter tint of the shirt methinks! :biggrin:
I guess it'd be easier with a managers shirt on because it's a darker colour so the sew lines wouldn't be seen as clearly, whereas on the red shirts they'll appear more obviously due to the lighter tint of the shirt methinks! :biggrin:

That's true :biggrin:! They should've made the uniforms more simpler!
That's true :biggrin:! They should've made the uniforms more simpler!

I personally preferred the old uniform - if we had the old uniform with the present uniforms' colours then! :biggrin:
I personally preferred the old uniform - if we had the old uniform with the present uniforms' colours then! :biggrin:

I've never had the old uniform :/ I've been working at SD since October.
I've never had the old uniform :/ I've been working at SD since October.

rgnsonbsersebnsrknb whaaaaa?! I've been working at SD since November '11. The old uniform wasn't much different but it had a navy blue stripe down the shoulders and no badge on the top, just a SPORTSDIRECT.COM across the back in white lettering. The trousers had pockets too!
rgnsonbsersebnsrknb whaaaaa?! I've been working at SD since November '11. The old uniform wasn't much different but it had a navy blue stripe down the shoulders and no badge on the top, just a SPORTSDIRECT.COM across the back in white lettering. The trousers had pockets too!

Ah ok. When I started, my manager gave me the new uniform straight away, so the jumper and polo shirt with the logo and SPORTSDIRECT.COM written across the back, and the trackies without the pockets :|!
Ah ok. When I started, my manager gave me the new uniform straight away, so the jumper and polo shirt with the logo and SPORTSDIRECT.COM written across the back, and the trackies without the pockets :|!

Ahhh sad times! I remember being able to put my radio without a clip into my pockets, and when a customer asks where they can find a certain item that isn't in store:

'Head over to our website, the address is *does 180 degrees spin - showing back to the customer* SPORTSDIRECT.COM!' :biggrin:
Ahhh sad times! I remember being able to put my radio without a clip into my pockets, and when a customer asks where they can find a certain item that isn't in store:

'Head over to our website, the address is *does 180 degrees spin - showing back to the customer* SPORTSDIRECT.COM!' :biggrin:

Yep :frown: wish I had the trackies with the pockets. Fair dos :biggrin:! Haha awesome :biggrin:!
Maybe we should both take a pair of management trackies? to be honest I need some shorts for work so I might get some with pockets in :colone: Yeah I'm a bit cheeky and sometimes hyper like that, although some other times I can be a bit of a moany wotsit depending on how busy the store is, KPI sales etc. (Yeah, I used to jump for joy whenever someone bought a KPI off me - I didn't jump literally but y'know....) :smile:
Maybe we should both take a pair of management trackies? to be honest I need some shorts for work so I might get some with pockets in :colone: Yeah I'm a bit cheeky and sometimes hyper like that, although some other times I can be a bit of a moany wotsit depending on how busy the store is, KPI sales etc. (Yeah, I used to jump for joy whenever someone bought a KPI off me - I didn't jump literally but y'know....) :smile:

Yeah. Yeah I'm pretty tempted to get some shorts for work myself. Aww fair enough, I love having a laugh at work :biggrin:!
Yeah. Yeah I'm pretty tempted to get some shorts for work myself. Aww fair enough, I love having a laugh at work :biggrin:!

I just want to know where to get some from as it seems you have to get a particular brand (I'd assume slazenger). Yeah some of the colleagues can make it fun but then so can some of the customers - on the other hand customers can turn an okay/good day into an absolute miserable day when they want to :s-smilie: But I always love having a laugh at work! :biggrin:
I just want to know where to get some from as it seems you have to get a particular brand (I'd assume slazenger). Yeah some of the colleagues can make it fun but then so can some of the customers - on the other hand customers can turn an okay/good day into an absolute miserable day when they want to :s-smilie: But I always love having a laugh at work! :biggrin:

Yeah I think it's only slazenger for the uniform. Yeah some of the customers can put me in a crappy mood :| same here :biggrin:!
Yeah I think it's only slazenger for the uniform. Yeah some of the customers can put me in a crappy mood :| same here :biggrin:!

I'm sure there's a certain pair of shorts you have to wear though, even if it is slazenger. Gahh customers that drag you away from your serving area just to get a top down - we're not allowed to do it because it could be a distraction to shoplifting or we have to get someone else to cover us but we still have to do it! :frown: Delivery shifts can be pretty fun - haven't had one of those in months :biggrin:
I'm sure there's a certain pair of shorts you have to wear though, even if it is slazenger. Gahh customers that drag you away from your serving area just to get a top down - we're not allowed to do it because it could be a distraction to shoplifting or we have to get someone else to cover us but we still have to do it! :frown: Delivery shifts can be pretty fun - haven't had one of those in months :biggrin:

Yeah. Eurgh that does annoy me sometimes when they drag you away to get a top down :frown: and when you're trying to get hold of a pair of shoes for them from the stockroom and sometimes they throw a fit if you take ages :|! Awesome :biggrin: I haven't had a delivery shift yet.
Yeah. Eurgh that does annoy me sometimes when they drag you away to get a top down :frown: and when you're trying to get hold of a pair of shoes for them from the stockroom and sometimes they throw a fit if you take ages :|! Awesome :biggrin: I haven't had a delivery shift yet.

Sometimes if I take two minutes to get a shoe (which is too long in their opinion) they just leave the store! :angry: I love delivery shifts, we put on someone's iPod over the speakers and play D'n'B to wake us up (but this probably isn't allowed) :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending