The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Head start school in august

is anyonee booked to go to the august head start school in kingston yet? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by PriyaM
is anyonee booked to go to the august head start school in kingston yet? :smile:

hey, im thinking of going but not quite sure if it will be worth it or not :/ do you live close or will you be getting accomadation at a hotel or something?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Man92
hey, im thinking of going but not quite sure if it will be worth it or not :/ do you live close or will you be getting accomadation at a hotel or something?

I think it'll be worth it! It'll give us a ill taste of what uni will be like Lool. Noo I don't live close by I have family who live quite close by so I'll be staying with them, if not I'd book into a hotel :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by PriyaM
I think it'll be worth it! It'll give us a ill taste of what uni will be like Lool. Noo I don't live close by I have family who live quite close by so I'll be staying with them, if not I'd book into a hotel :smile:

mhm yeh, just a little daunting to go without knowing anyone but i guess everyone will be feeling like that :redface:

yeh i think ill book one near kingston upon thames lol :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Man92
mhm yeh, just a little daunting to go without knowing anyone but i guess everyone will be feeling like that :redface:

yeh i think ill book one near kingston upon thames lol :tongue:

Yeah I'm bait nervous, but a lil excited as well! haha. What are u going to study there? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by PriyaM
Yeah I'm bait nervous, but a lil excited as well! haha. What are u going to study there? :smile:

haha well i guess its just one of those things you have to just jump into :tongue: im going to be doing mechanical engineering with a foundation year, what about you? :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Man92
haha well i guess its just one of those things you have to just jump into :tongue: im going to be doing mechanical engineering with a foundation year, what about you? :tongue:

yeaahh itll be better than were expecting well i hope so anyway! ahaha and im doing biomedical science with a foundation year :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by PriyaM
yeaahh itll be better than were expecting well i hope so anyway! ahaha and im doing biomedical science with a foundation year :smile:

yeh have you seen the pdf file of the daily outlines of the 3 days, the treasure search around the uni seems fun :tongue:

oh thats pretty cool, so are you looking forward to all the course content and what do you aim to do after your first year?
Reply 8
Original post by Man92
yeh have you seen the pdf file of the daily outlines of the 3 days, the treasure search around the uni seems fun :tongue:

oh thats pretty cool, so are you looking forward to all the course content and what do you aim to do after your first year?

That's the only reason I'm going! Come on treasure hunt woah! Lool
Yeaaah I'm abit like omg hw hard is this gna be! And I wanna go into the field where u research drugs for brain related disease such as Parkinson's and that! But I've forgetten what it's called Haha

Reply 9
Original post by PriyaM
That's the only reason I'm going! Come on treasure hunt woah! Lool
Yeaaah I'm abit like omg hw hard is this gna be! And I wanna go into the field where u research drugs for brain related disease such as Parkinson's and that! But I've forgetten what it's called Haha

haha yeh sounds quite exciting :tongue:

well i guess the actual foundation year shouldnt be too hard then the first degree year might be abit of a jump up which is what im worried about :redface:

wow that seems pretty cool, you could probably make alot of money if you discover and proper drug for the treatment of neurological disorders like that :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Man92
haha yeh sounds quite exciting :tongue:

well i guess the actual foundation year shouldnt be too hard then the first degree year might be abit of a jump up which is what im worried about :redface:

wow that seems pretty cool, you could probably make alot of money if you discover and proper drug for the treatment of neurological disorders like that :tongue:

yeahh i think thatll be the jump everyone finds abit like woah! hahha and lool i everyoness sayingg that to me but i jus wanna find a drug for it as they say its not cureable ahaha
Reply 11
Original post by PriyaM
yeahh i think thatll be the jump everyone finds abit like woah! hahha and lool i everyoness sayingg that to me but i jus wanna find a drug for it as they say its not cureable ahaha

lol but i do hope they try and bridge the gap since the foundation year is like a2 levels and abit above :redface: haha well good luck with it, i guess it isnt always about the money :tongue:

oh and im not going to the head start thing now :redface:
Reply 12
Original post by Man92
lol but i do hope they try and bridge the gap since the foundation year is like a2 levels and abit above :redface: haha well good luck with it, i guess it isnt always about the money :tongue:

oh and im not going to the head start thing now :redface:

Yeah Defo! I'll think well be fine haha and ooh how comes ur not?

Reply 13
Original post by PriyaM
Yeah Defo! I'll think well be fine haha and ooh how comes ur not?

:tongue:

just changed my mind, figured out it would work out at like £200 for me to be able to stay for 3 days so aint really worth it :/

have you sorted all your accommodation stuff for first year of uni out?
Reply 14
Original post by Man92
:tongue:

just changed my mind, figured out it would work out at like £200 for me to be able to stay for 3 days so aint really worth it :/

have you sorted all your accommodation stuff for first year of uni out?

Lool now I'm not gna know anyone at all :tongue: hAha and yeah I did it the day the email came out wbu?

Reply 15
Original post by PriyaM
Lool now I'm not gna know anyone at all :tongue: hAha and yeah I did it the day the email came out wbu?

haha im sure you'll be fine anyways, everyones in the same situation, i wish i could have come but when i figured it would cost alot it wasnt worth it because i had to give a £300 deposit to firm my room :/

yeh i did too and i got a email a few days back about my room because i had a unconditional offer so now ive got my room comfirmed :redface: let me know if you need any help on that :tongue: have you got your room yet or just sent to application away for a room?
Oh yeh what campus will you be staying at? :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by Man92
haha im sure you'll be fine anyways, everyones in the same situation, i wish i could have come but when i figured it would cost alot it wasnt worth it because i had to give a £300 deposit to firm my room :/

yeh i did too and i got a email a few days back about my room because i had a unconditional offer so now ive got my room comfirmed :redface: let me know if you need any help on that :tongue: have you got your room yet or just sent to application away for a room?
Oh yeh what campus will you be staying at? :tongue:

Ooooh ur so lucky! I haven't had any emails back yet for the room! Only for the application :frown: I hope I get a nice room! Haha and I'll be at Perhyn road wbu?

Reply 17
Original post by PriyaM
Ooooh ur so lucky! I haven't had any emails back yet for the room! Only for the application :frown: I hope I get a nice room! Haha and I'll be at Perhyn road wbu?

hmm well do you have a unconditional offer or just a firm on kingston right now until you get your results? :redface: haha yeh i think they said unconditional offers get a first chance at it :redface: im going to be at kingston hill but my course is taught at roehampton vale so god knows what happened there :/ haha good luck did you apply for a superior en suite?
Reply 18
Original post by Man92
hmm well do you have a unconditional offer or just a firm on kingston right now until you get your results? :redface: haha yeh i think they said unconditional offers get a first chance at it :redface: im going to be at kingston hill but my course is taught at roehampton vale so god knows what happened there :/ haha good luck did you apply for a superior en suite?

Yeah it's jus my firm atm haha I hope I get in! And ooh what course are u doing?

I went to the July one just gone and it is definitely worth it!

I have made some great friends which is the best part. I was sooo scared and making the first conversation was weird but you bond so quickly because you have to lol, we were given some really useful information and advice, i went thinking i was ready and actually realised i still needed to know more.

Luckily we had the option of residential which was really fun. but i was looking at travel lodge first and there is one right by kingston station for £56 per night, if you have someone to share with you it'll be cheaper. It is definitely worth the effort though, we had a couple of girls who flew in from Europe just to be there! haha

Will anyone be at the knights park campus in september?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending