The Student Room Group

Is it wise to microwave bacon?

Scroll to see replies

Considering some microwaves especially the older ones i.e in the 90's had actual settings on the microwave or a time guideline on how long to do it for then its fine.

Its more you need to know what power setting is best and he length of time so its cooked inside even if it seems burning hot.
Lets get this straight. Microwaves do not cook things. They defrost things and reheat things. They are not an alternative to a cooker.
Original post by Bulbasaur
...if I can't fry/grill it? The packet doesn't say anything about microwaving it.

yes, you can use the microwave to cook bacon.just put down two sheets of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate spray cooking spray on it.place 4 bacon strips on the paper towels
place two sheets paper towels on the bacon strips and cook on high for approximately 4 minutes.plate will be extremely hot, be careful.
Reply 43
I've been microwaving bacon for many years - it's the only way to get it as crispy as I like it.

And of course microwaves can cook food. Microwaving veggies preserves many more of their nutrients than boiling them.

Quick Reply

Latest