The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benpearson1
Just out of curiosity, why is your username in homage (or whatever) to George Galloway (if it in fact is)?

Please tell me you don't support his views :eek:

you mean my tsr username? its my initials - I don't support his views no but our family are distantly related with him (yay.....*sarcasm*)
Original post by sophiekutie
:redface: lucky! Mine's 11:30 until 4... :frown:
It's gonna be so frustrating on the day having to wait until half 11 on the day!
Go in at about 8/9, that way you won't be tired and will look good if you have a photo, and it will be in the middle so there might be a lot of people to celebrate with :wink:
Oh, and you have the rest of the day to partaaay :wink: x

Original post by sophiekutie
1: English lit :eek: same!
2: History (also) :confused:
3: R.E (even though I don't care what grade I get, I'm hoping for A/A* in everything else and it would
. be a shame to spoil it with a B) lol :tongue:

good plan :smile: might go into town afterwards...after i've rung my mother *gulp* - told her she couldn't come lol
I hate when the thread goes quite -_-

I know this is completely random but what is THE most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
You can only choose one, unless the other one is really good ; )

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Whostolemycookie

I know this is completely random but what is THE most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?

I don't think I've ever done anything too embarrassing, fortunately :tongue: Though I didn't get much enjoyment out of jumping on the field at school in year 8, only to slip in the mud and land flat on my face. Or when my sister dared me to go down a concrete hill on roller blades, I refused, then somehow lost my balance, and down I went at the speed of light. Not so much embarrassing, more totally terrifying :tongue: I felt I was allowed to do two because they're not very good :tongue:

You?
Original post by g.k.galloway
you mean my tsr username? its my initials - I don't support his views no but our family are distantly related with him (yay.....*sarcasm*)

Oh, ok. That's fair enough :smile:.

Was just wondering why it was. Galloway has (albeit rarely) made some excellent points on important issues, but his hypocrisy and blatant support for tyrannical regimes and terrorist organisations can be hard to stomach at times.
Hello everyone! Current year 11 here (well, I'm not technically at school at the moment) and I've been meaning to pop in here for ages. I guess it's never too late!
Original post by Lucy96
I don't think I've ever done anything too embarrassing, fortunately :tongue: Though I didn't get much enjoyment out of jumping on the field at school in year 8, only to slip in the mud and land flat on my face. Or when my sister dared me to go down a concrete hill on roller blades, I refused, then somehow lost my balance, and down I went at the speed of light. Not so much embarrassing, more totally terrifying :tongue: I felt I was allowed to do two because they're not very good :tongue:

You?

I think my life was created for those small embarrassing moments…..

One time me and my friend were sitting on the park bench, just talking about school and stuff and then a really hot guy and his friend were walking up to us.

So I told my friend ‘’I’m gonna ask him for the time’’ he stated to come closer and closer up until a point where I got ready to asked him, so then all of a sudden I burst out ‘’Excuse me, but could I have your number?’’ I can’t for the life of me understand why I even asked him that. My friend started laughing and he looked at me completely bewildered and then I quickly blurted ‘’the time! I meant the time, do you have the time?’’I wasn’t even convincing myself and then he told me still looking at me like I was crazy and eventually he walked away. I was so embarrassed and whilst he was walking away he and his friend kept turning back, he kept saying something to his friend, pretty sure he was thinking I was a freak now I never really ask for the time. :colondollar:

Also we had this maths teacher in our school that apparently had a ‘nice’ ass, I really couldn’t see it to be honest-but was a really nice teacher. One time in maths my hand touched his ass in front of everyone! It was completely by accident, he didn’t believe me though he used to be so awkward around me and one time he said ‘’you’re going beyond be personal space, we don’t want what happened last time, do we?’’ :tongue:
I think my life was created for those small embarrassing moments…..

One time me and my friend were sitting on the park bench, just talking about school and stuff and then a really hot guy and his friend were walking up to us.

So I told my friend ‘’I’m gonna ask him for the time’’ he stated to come closer and closer up until a point where I got ready to asked him, so then all of a sudden I burst out ‘’Excuse me, but could I have your number?’’ I can’t for the life of me understand why I even asked him that. My friend started laughing and he looked at me completely bewildered and then I quickly blurted ‘’the time! I meant the time, do you have the time?’’I wasn’t even convincing myself and then he told me still looking at me like I was crazy and eventually he walked away. I was so embarrassed and whilst he was walking away he and his friend kept turning back, he kept saying something to his friend, pretty sure he was thinking I was a freak now I never really ask for the time. :colondollar:

Also we had this maths teacher in our school that apparently had a ‘nice’ ass, I really couldn’t see it to be honest-but was a really nice teacher. One time in maths my hand touched his ass in front of everyone! It was completely by accident, he didn’t believe me though he used to be so awkward around me and one time he said ‘’you’re going beyond be personal space, we don’t want what happened last time, do we?’’ :tongue:

Hahahaha they are so hilarious :tongue: sat here laughing like an idiot to myself! Sounds mortifying though :tongue:
Reply 1988

This thread only wakes up at midnight :tongue:

I was sick on a bus once, that was pretty embarrassing. I also gave a music performance at the end of Year 9 in front of most of our year, and right at the start, a couple of words into the first verse I had a massive voicecrack :biggrin:
Wbu?
Just noticed above :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lucy96
Hahahaha they are so hilarious :tongue: sat here laughing like an idiot to myself! Sounds mortifying though :tongue:

I was cringing whilst writing it :colondollar:; I’m re-living the horrible moments but believe me it better than other scenarios that have happened......
Original post by Alexx53
This thread only wakes up at midnight :tongue:

I was sick on a bus once, that was pretty embarrassing. I also gave a music performance at the end of Year 9 in front of most of our year, and right at the start, a couple of words into the first verse I had a massive voicecrack :biggrin:
Wbu?
Just noticed above

I was sick on the bus too, all of it went right down the metro newspaper I was tempted to just leave it there once i got up but then some big, burly guy was like ''You can't leave your pile of sick in the bus, that's disgusting!'' he basically told the whole bus I threw up because everyone turned around me and looked at me basically shaking their heads and tut-tutting me.

Hahahaha, Is it sad that I find it hilarious when people's voice crack? One time in a college open day one of the speaker's voice cracked really badly and i was laughing uncontrollably at him, again people looked at me basically shaking their heads and tut-tutting me. I’m really mean :colondollar:

Once whilst on the bus I was making eye contact with a girl a few seats away from me and as my stop came I got up. Btw Buses in london have the seats on top of a little platform so you have to step down to the floor. So as I step down I put my foot on the corner of the platform instead of the floor I trip, fall and smash my head on the opposite platform corner (Owch). So as i've hurt & embarassed myself I pick myself up off the floor and walk towards the door AND IT SHUTS IN MY FACE :eek: so I just hung my head low and stood in puddles of embarassment till the next bus stop.
Love it when people neg me for telling someone their grades are fine, when they actually are. Nothing wrong with giving someone a bit of positive reaction instead of criticising them for not having straight As and A*s, grr! :tongue: :facepalm:
Reply 1993
I was sick on the bus too, all of it went right down the metro newspaper I was tempted to just leave it there once i got up but then some big, burly guy was like ''You can't leave your pile of sick in the bus, that's disgusting!'' he basically told the whole bus I threw up because everyone turned around me and looked at me basically shaking their heads and tut-tutting me.

Hahahaha, Is it sad that I find it hilarious when people's voice crack? One time in a college open day one of the speaker's voice cracked really badly and i was laughing uncontrollably at him, again people looked at me basically shaking their heads and tut-tutting me. I’m really mean :colondollar:

Wow, you sound like you have a lot of embarrassing stories :tongue:

And yes it is, it's not that funny :wink: Well, actually depends how high it goes and whether it squeaks or not :tongue:
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
Once whilst on the bus I was making eye contact with a girl a few seats away from me and as my stop came I got up. Btw Buses in london have the seats on top of a little platform so you have to step down to the floor. So as I step down I put my foot on the corner of the platform instead of the floor I trip, fall and smash my head on the opposite platform corner (Owch). So as i've hurt & embarassed myself I pick myself up off the floor and walk towards the door AND IT SHUTS IN MY FACE :eek: so I just hung my head low and stood in puddles of embarassment till the next bus stop.

I am so sorry.......that I couldn't stop laughing at that :teehee:
Awww, but seriously this one time the bus was really packed at I was like a few inches of getting in the bus and the driver chanted ''I'm shutting the door'' I was really pissed because
a. I waited like half an hour for the damn bus
b. That was THE only bus i could take
c. I had to get to school on time so I could avoid detention

So I put my arm in the way of the door so he wouldn't close it and then the idiot closed the door! I was so scared my hand was gonna come off, people were either laughing or telling the guy to give me my arm back, and it was really annoying because my school bag was on the other side. I was literally trying to pull my arm out and then the driver ignoring everyone he started driving off, with my arm still through the door!
I was being dragged across with the bus when eventually he let me go laughing at me, I was so embarrassed that I went home just in case someone in school saw me :colondollar:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Ahead of* :wink:

lol one had to engage in opening the door! English language :colone:
Original post by blueray
lol one had to engage in opening the door! English language :colone:

My arch enemies accomplice... :colonhash:
My arch enemies accomplice... :colonhash:

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
I am so sorry.......that I couldn't stop laughing at that :teehee:
Awww, but seriously this one time the bus was really packed at I was like a few inches of getting in the bus and the driver chanted ''I'm shutting the door'' I was really pissed because
a. I waited like half an hour for the damn bus
b. That was THE only bus i could take
c. I had to get to school on time so I could avoid detention

So I put my arm in the way of the door so he wouldn't close it and then the idiot closed the door! I was so scared my hand was gonna come off, people were either laughing or telling the guy to give me my arm back, and it was really annoying because my school bag was on the other side. I was literally trying to pull my arm out and then the driver ignoring everyone he started driving off, with my arm still through the door!
I was being dragged across with the bus when eventually he let me go laughing at me, I was so embarrassed that I went home just in case someone in school saw me :colondollar:

yeah some bus drivers can be real idiots
I just did C3 Trig :smile: the inverse graphs, sec/cosec/cot identities/graphs and a few exam questions etc :smile: I'll be doing the differentiation section tomorrow. :smile:

What topics do you generally most enjoy in maths? :smile:

Latest