The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1
*genii

AHAHAHAHHA GOTCHA EMPYREAN

And we can still be genii if we don't use a varied lexis. There is nothing wrong with using a language that has evolved and been popularised. I think you are just going a bit far.....for no reason....

I don't want to be discerned as haughty, but unfortunately you're erring. Genius (with a tilde) on the u would be correct for Latin glossology and cant. However, geniuses is used for pertaining to the quality of the entity. In layman's terms, geniuses is utilised when you are talking about a set quality/attribute of an individual, (which I was in that predicate).

Genii is established or domesticated in due course for syntax purposes when the subject is insinuating that the genius(pl) is for Roman folklore, (Genii) would be promulgated for Spirits of the Garden/verdure.

:rolleyes:

Almost usurped my pretentious posturing!
Reply 781
*genii

AHAHAHAHHA GOTCHA EMPYREAN

And we can still be genii if we don't use a varied lexis. There is nothing wrong with using a language that has evolved and been popularised. I think you are just going a bit far.....for no reason....

:lol: yeah. No se comprende!
Original post by blueray
Bruv can you just send me a vocab list :colone:

Sub tehek hai na? :biggrin: Hahha!

Jee bhai! Bilkool teekh hooh! Pur, Ramadan shooroh horahah heh, oor mena bawt kanah, kanah heh. :rolleyes:
Reply 783
Oh I already am I think!

Hahaha. ;D
I'm going to sleep a lot later, but still waking up at the same time. -.-
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
I don't want to be discerned as haughty, but unfortunately you're erring. Genius (with a tilde) on the u would be correct for Latin glossology and cant. However, geniuses is used for pertaining to the quality of the entity. In layman's terms, geniuses is utilised when you are talking about a set quality/attribute of an individual, (which I was in that predicate).

Genii is established or domesticated in due course for syntax purposes when the subject is insinuating that the genius(pl) is for Roman folklore, (Genii) would be promulgated for Spirits of the Garden/verdure.

:rolleyes:

Almost usurped my pretentious posturing!

Excuse my language but poppycock!

Extensive vocabulary won't spook me I'm afraid.
Original post by DrumChops
Are you a member of Mensa? Just wondering?

I've sat their IQ tests, but I watched a video of Feynman the day before and then ruminated as to whether I'd be infatuated by residing with individuals who are hubris-ladden and flaunt their "intelligence" by establishing a clique.

The way I talk is jape and for humour purposes only. Half of my family are working class, and when I peregrinate to Battersea (London) I wouldn't have the temerity to expatiate with my Uncle like this, or the demesne in which he sojourns. I'd be beaten up in a frenetic affray. :rolleyes:

Just leave him be... If no one understands... No one can reply... So he won't have anything to respond to... It doesn't really bother anyone, I just wonder why he does it? /:smile:

I studied Latin for a year. :cool:
Original post by Deziah
Hahaha. ;D
I'm going to sleep a lot later, but still waking up at the same time. -.-

Hehe I am going to try and sleep by 2 tonight.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Just leave him be... If no one understands... No one can reply... So he won't have anything to respond to... It doesn't really bother anyone, I just wonder why he does it? /:smile:

It is funny!
Reply 789
Jee bhai! Bilkool teekh hooh! Pur, Ramadan shooroh horahah heh, oor mena bawt kanah, kanah heh. :rolleyes:

Yum!!!! lol i understand this more than your english!!!!! Vocab bank please!!

I've sat their IQ tests, but I watched a video of Feynman the day before and then ruminated as to whether I'd be infatuated by residing with individuals who are hubris-ladden and flaunt their "intelligence" by establishing a clique.

The way I talk is jape and for humour purposes only. Half of my family are working class, and when I peregrinate to Battersea (London) I wouldn't have the temerity to expatiate with my Uncle like this, or the demesne in which he sojourns. I'd be beaten up in a frenetic affray. :rolleyes:

Lol it was a simple yes or no question :tongue: But whatever!

I think he said somewhere before...

people apprehend that no-one is intelligent. That even though we always envisage or excogitate ourselves to be "geniuses" or "erudite", we're nothing. How can we expect to know the cosmos, when we obviate and tergiversate everything, and are not even inured or accustomed to the vernacular we utter with?

I pm'ed him what this meant and he said

"I speak like this to tell people that whenever they have pride in themselves as to what they know, they realise that they know very little because they don't even know the full extent of their own language. I do not have any pride in myself, in fact, I'm cynical to my own thoughts and have cyclothymia, so I have no necessity to vaunt my own self-admiration".
I studied Latin for a year. :cool:

Funny you should say that! I am actually well - versed in Latin! Not fluent though.

Cogito ergo sum - my favourite phrase - Rene

It is funny!

Lol, do you understand him?
tbh, he has a fair point, and I agree with his view, "How can you expect to know the laws of the Universe, when you can't even understand the language in which it's written". bloody hell that was a ****ing clever statement of you empyrean? are you a part of mensa????
Funny you should say that! I am actually well - versed in Latin! Not fluent though.

Cogito ergo sum - my favourite phrase - Rene

xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Lol, do you understand him?

Half of it. I can derive some of it because a lot of it seems to be English words with Latin counterparts, of which I am failry proficient in (it's catchy to talk like him now!)

But I can't be bothered to think about what the words mean even if the subjugation of their context is highly inidicative.

AbovetheEmpyrean #PARRED
Original post by blueray
Yum!!!! lol i understand this more than your english!!!!! Vocab bank please!!

Lol it was a simple yes or no question :tongue: But whatever!

I sat the exam, and I have the score, but I don't have the conceit to be a member. If MENSA were intelligent enough, they wouldn't just scrounge around, sycophantically praising one another. :wink:!
Half of it. I can derive some of it because a lot of it seems to be English words with Latin counterparts, of which I am failry proficient in (it's catchy to talk like him now!)

But I can't be bothered to think about what the words mean even if the subjugation of their context is highly inidicative.

AbovetheEmpyrean #PARRED

Ahah, but do all his words fit in context or are they just synonyms...?
Reply 798
I sat the exam, and I have the score, but I don't have the conceit to be a member. If MENSA were intelligent enough, they wouldn't just scrounge around, sycophantically praising one another. :wink:!

:lol: so no?
Reply 799

I have to be up at seven every morning this week, so I don't have a choice haha. ;D

Latest