The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadia_arif
Okay thank you! :smile:

No problem! Let me know if you need any more help with the application :]
Did anyone get an employee engagement survey email? What's that all about?
Original post by xcuriouser
Did anyone get an employee engagement survey email? What's that all about?

I think everyone who works at primark got one, my friend and I got one. It just asks what you think about things mostly about your line manager and if things are well communicated.
This is going to sound like a really weird question. How hot does it get in Primark? and do you sweat a lot?

I have a medical condition which means my skin reacts really badly to sweating so I'm trying to avoid working somewhere where it's hot but the places I've applied to already haven't replied and I'm in need of a job because I've just finished my final year of uni and don't have a job.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
This is going to sound like a really weird question. How hot does it get in Primark? and do you sweat a lot?

I have a medical condition which means my skin reacts really badly to sweating so I'm trying to avoid working somewhere where it's hot but the places I've applied to already haven't replied and I'm in need of a job because I've just finished my final year of uni and don't have a job.

Personally, I think it depends on how busy it is. I've been working at primark for almost two months and only twice have I been super hot to the point I've been sweating. They do have air conditioning but if it's really busy then you can't really feel the cool air. I've had loads of my work friends say how hot it is too, but if you explain to primark about your health condition then they might put you on the shop floor where you're less likely to get hot, I'm on tills and constantly moving so I get hot quicker where as on the floor it's a lot cooler I think. That's just my opinion it might be different for other people :smile: or you could apply to be a Christmas temp, but that's a long wait. I heard it's really cold in store at Christmas but I'm not sure.
Original post by Hannahmc770
I think everyone who works at primark got one, my friend and I got one. It just asks what you think about things mostly about your line manager and if things are well communicated.

Ah ok, thank you. It asks for a password when I click on the link but I'm not sure what it is and they didn't mention it in the email.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising

what city are you in depends too
Original post by democracyforum
what city are you in depends too

Personally, I think it depends on how busy it is. I've been working at primark for almost two months and only twice have I been super hot to the point I've been sweating. They do have air conditioning but if it's really busy then you can't really feel the cool air. I've had loads of my work friends say how hot it is too, but if you explain to primark about your health condition then they might put you on the shop floor where you're less likely to get hot, I'm on tills and constantly moving so I get hot quicker where as on the floor it's a lot cooler I think. That's just my opinion it might be different for other people :smile: or you could apply to be a Christmas temp, but that's a long wait. I heard it's really cold in store at Christmas but I'm not sure.

I'm in Woking. I've been there a few times and it sometimes gets really hot. No air conditioning either.

Would it be best to tell them about the medical condition before? I've submitted an application already but not yet heard back about an interview. I was only planning on telling them if it flares up again because it's not exactly something I like talking about.
How long is the induction? and is it a paid induction?
Original post by thestars
How long is the induction? and is it a paid induction?

My induction was 9:30-2:30pm, I got paid £26.50 for my induction and you get paid for till training too so I got another £26.50 for that too.
Had my interview with Primark on Saturday last week and I was successful - surprising, as I could have sworn I tanked it. Well, whatever - I couldn't get a job at Sainsbury's so this will do.

My induction is Saturday next week I think but the manager I talked to wasn't sure yet but she's sending me some forms to fill out on Monday.

I don't remember what pay was advertised but it was actually okay if my memory serves me correctly - I think it was above £6.30 an hour and I'm 19, and that's about the rate of pay for someone my age at the major supermarkets. I was going to apply for one at an out of town centre but it was £6.10 an hour - the one in the city centre was much higher, that's all I know.

Guess it helps to work in a busy city store - saw one in Mansfield and they pay less than £6 an hour for 18-21 year olds! Yikes.

Does anyone know if a short-sleeved shirt would be appropriate to wear? I saw some tattooed guy with a short sleeve black shirt so I presume it would be okay.
(edited 8 years ago)
My induction was 9:30-2:30pm, I got paid £26.50 for my induction and you get paid for till training too so I got another £26.50 for that too.

Ohh okay, that's not bad. Thanks!
Do i need to take any documents to the induction like my birth certificate, even though she already took a photocopy of it?
Do i need to take any documents to the induction like my birth certificate, even though she already took a photocopy of it?

Yeah you need to take bank statements, birth certificate and NI number. I've no idea why they need them again when they seen them at interview either.
Original post by sookywooky
Had my interview with Primark on Saturday last week and I was successful - surprising, as I could have sworn I tanked it. Well, whatever - I couldn't get a job at Sainsbury's so this will do.

My induction is Saturday next week I think but the manager I talked to wasn't sure yet but she's sending me some forms to fill out on Monday.

I don't remember what pay was advertised but it was actually okay if my memory serves me correctly - I think it was above £6.30 an hour and I'm 19, and that's about the rate of pay for someone my age at the major supermarkets. I was going to apply for one at an out of town centre but it was £6.10 an hour - the one in the city centre was much higher, that's all I know.

Guess it helps to work in a busy city store - saw one in Mansfield and they pay less than £6 an hour for 18-21 year olds! Yikes.

Does anyone know if a short-sleeved shirt would be appropriate to wear? I saw some tattooed guy with a short sleeve black shirt so I presume it would be okay.

I've also seen some people wear short sleeves with tattoos, but I would say it's best to wear long sleeve as its your induction but when you officially start then depending on your supervisors and managers it should be okay for you to wear short sleeve shirt :smile:
Yeah you need to take bank statements, birth certificate and NI number. I've no idea why they need them again when they seen them at interview either.

Really!?! Student finance have my birth certificate and my bank statements are only online :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sister and I applied for the same job at primark and a couple of days after applying she heard back from them (she never got the job) but I haven't heard anything yet?

Should I hear something from them soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really!?! Student finance have my birth certificate and my bank statements are only online :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can take a passport instead of a birth certificate if you have one and ask your bank to print a bank statement off for you :smile:
Original post by weecoolgirl123
My sister and I applied for the same job at primark and a couple of days after applying she heard back from them (she never got the job) but I haven't heard anything yet?

Should I hear something from them soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had your interview or are you waiting for a call for an interview?
Have you had your interview or are you waiting for a call for an interview?

I'm waiting for a call for an interview. Is that what happens next after the application? You get a call? Or do you get an email instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending