The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Also people saying that working for mcdonalds is better than working for primark is silly, working in primark is fun since the people are fun whereas in mcdonalds it's always hectic and stressful plus the heat and smell must become sickly and you can have your hair down in primark as well as having colourful hair and can wear make up :smile:
My primark is really strict on uniform and we can't have our hair down and make up has to be appropriate for work

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got a job at Primark, I was just wondering if you could explain what the induction is like? Are you shadowing people or are you actually working, and is it paid?
Original post by Stupid_Toe
I just got a job at Primark, I was just wondering if you could explain what the induction is like? Are you shadowing people or are you actually working, and is it paid?

My induction was over 2 days.

First day we went in in the morning and spent a few hours going through some powerpoints (on h&s, company policy etc) and had a tour of the building. In the afternoon we shadowed people on tills for an hour or two and spent the rest of the day on folding tables.

The second day we were in for four hours (I think) and did a shift on tills.

The induction is paid.:smile:
Reply 1784
Does anyone else hate being on tills ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is probation ?
Reply 1786
Original post by bh93
Has anyone here applied for a Primark job on their website and heard anything back? I've applied for about 7 different jobs and not heard back for any of them! Just wondering if I'll be better off just going in store and handing in my CV?
Also, if you did hear back from them, how long did it take for them to contact you after you applied?
Thanks!

same here!:confused: i've applied so many times in the last few weekes, so ii think i'm going in to the store tomorrow to hand in my cv.
What's the chance of getting a job at Primark with no prior retail/customer service experience?
hey guys, do you think relatives are allowed to work at primark? Say, i work at a primark and my sister decides to apply for maybe that same store or a different store, will she be rejected due to her brother already working at one?
Also, i just got offered an interview for a night time based retail job at primark. Thing is, that i am hoping to keep the job for uni time and my campus is like a 40 min ride from london. Do you think there's any chance at the interview that i could get them to swicth me to a day based role?
Original post by ForgetMe
What's the chance of getting a job at Primark with no prior retail/customer service experience?

I applied with no retail experience and got invited for an interview. It was quite straightforward and they called me the other day to say I'd got the job :smile:
Original post by Stupid_Toe
I applied with no retail experience and got invited for an interview. It was quite straightforward and they called me the other day to say I'd got the job :smile:

Oh, great :smile: What was the interview like, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
what is probation and how does it work thanks
I got the Job!!!!!! happy days i start saturday sooo happy , how is the mens accessaries if anyone knows thanks
I've been working at primark for around 5 weeks now but in September 2014 I am planning to go to uni , preferably in london as its close to both my mum and dad .

So I've been told that its really difficult to get transfers to another store so if anyone could offer some advice that would be great

Thanks

Sophie

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know what the night staff role consist of???
Reply 1796
I applied for a job in a Primark store about five weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back. I also applied for a job in another Primark store about three weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from that either. I received an email in regards to the last one which said "We appologise that you have been rejected this was a system error we are still processing your application." word for word, but this was two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything at all.

I don't know whether to contact them because they're really starting to confuse me and it seems like a lot of people are getting jobs on here without retail experience, which would be perfect for me as I don't have any. How long did Primark contact everyone after they sent their application?
Does anyone know the sort of questions they will ask at the interview?
Original post by Deziah
I applied for a job in a Primark store about five weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back. I also applied for a job in another Primark store about three weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from that either. I received an email in regards to the last one which said "We appologise that you have been rejected this was a system error we are still processing your application." word for word, but this was two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything at all.

I don't know whether to contact them because they're really starting to confuse me and it seems like a lot of people are getting jobs on here without retail experience, which would be perfect for me as I don't have any. How long did Primark contact everyone after they sent their application?

I applied on a Friday and I got a reply back on a Saturday. Friday was the closing date for the application though. I wouldn't have even known that I'd been given an interview if I hadn't had checked my junk mail so remember to check!
Original post by rurounikenji
Does anyone know the sort of questions they will ask at the interview?

Standard questions to get to know you, there shouldn't be any tricks
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending