The Student Room Group

Do you smoke?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
They are worse than tobacco, you're definitely a smoker.

Tick yes in the poll :wink:

That reponse shows me you have NO CLUE AT ALL. Really go look at how many people have died from tobacco use (its the biggest killer IN THE WORLD) cannabis is yet to kill someone, same with salvia.

Use your brain next time
Original post by ESPORTIVA
That reponse shows me you have NO CLUE AT ALL. Really go look at how many people have died from tobacco use (its the biggest killer IN THE WORLD) cannabis is yet to kill someone, same with salvia.

Use your brain next time

Worse on the lungs mate. I used to smoke weed, I'm under no illusions about it's risks as a drug.

Get off your high horse.
No.
I used cannabis to quit cigarettes.

I can smoke anywhere between a half ounce a week, to just one joint/half a joint before bed or breaks of a month or so at a time, though I smoke partly for medicinal purposes and I prefer not to go back on hardcore painkillers etc

Between joints or even in the breaks I don't get the craving for cigarettes. I realized nicotine made me irritable, cigarettes aren't that pleasurable and I now have an aversion to the smoke/smell/taste. I haven't woken up coughing in more than a year and never do that disgusting spitting thing fag smokers do.

When I'm studying hard I will have half a joint with the cigarette smokers on their breaks and go back to class a few times a day, then one before bed to make sure I get enough sleep for the day ahead.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes, although I haven't bothered to in about a month due to a lack of money. May or may not resume upon the arrival of my student loan.
Nope, I also have a phobia of touching cigarettes lol, don't know why. I don't think I would ever go anywhere near it.
I have maybe one a day, some days none.....that doesn't really make me a smoker. But I like them, yeah. I'm not allowed to smoke in the house....so I take a book and cig into the garden or pace around the fruit trees...
Certainly not.

Nothing to do with your post but your sig is hilarious, if you're gonna get sanctioned at school that's the way to do it!
Once every couple of months or so I smoke one cigarette, usually when I'm drunk. It's nice because I hardly ever smoke so when I do I get this nicotine rush.
Worse on the lungs mate. I used to smoke weed, I'm under no illusions about it's risks as a drug.

Get off your high horse.

Agree, how anyone can claim setting something on fire and inhaling the fumes can be good for you is beyond me. Vape it, or it's bad for you. Also most users don't know where their stuff comes from, and if it's sprayed, it's exponentially worse for you than cigarettes.
I used to but my girlfriend made me quit. Funny that, because my mum did the exact same thing to my dad when they were dating.

Miss it. :moon:
I only smoke cigars when I'm socializing. I hate cigarettes though strangely enough.
Haha some of you make me laugh like "i'll quit after uni" or "i'll quit before I go to uni".

Do you not realise how hard it is to give up smoking? :L
It's a physical addiction, if you are so used to having them and then just stop, idgaf how much will power you have to say no, you will feel absolutely ****e, cold sweats, headaches, sickness..
I've tried so much, that now it's got to the point where I'd rather just smoke, than feel **** for the month or more that it takes me to try and quit.

naive.
Original post by rebelli0n
Haha some of you make me laugh like "i'll quit after uni" or "i'll quit before I go to uni".

Do you not realise how hard it is to give up smoking? :L
It's a physical addiction, if you are so used to having them and then just stop, idgaf how much will power you have to say no, you will feel absolutely ****e, cold sweats, headaches, sickness..
I've tried so much, that now it's got to the point where I'd rather just smoke, than feel **** for the month or more that it takes me to try and quit.

naive.

You can't call someone naive and then regurgitate the myth that you need willpower to quit smoking. You only need willpower if you think you're giving something up, which you're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc

All those withdrawal symptoms are myths as far as I'm concerned. You will get cravings and that's about it and once you've starved your body of the nicotine they disappear very quickly, anything else is you convincing yourself you will feel sick/dizzy/get headaches.
Been smoking for 3/4 years now, but during the summer holidays I go to Russia where the cigs are cheap as hell. Been smoking a pack a day for the last 6 weeks. Going to quit after university as I want to have fun and do the stuff I enjoy. Consquences may not be the best but for me all the good times I've had with friends smoking will be worth it. I am quitting after uni though. I know I can quit though. Had a 3 month period of no smoking early 2012 and I had no cravings, only started again cause I had lots of money and I had proved to myself I can quit.
Haven't smoked for 4 days now and no cravings at all. Just eat lots of chocolate for first week and you're sorted. Replace nicotine "buzz" with dat sugar.
Never smoke with non-smokers though (go outside), never smoke inside - would rather not have clothes smell of it. Normally have an old jumper to wear when I smoke don't mind if it stinks. Normally eat something or brush teeth after smoking. Never smoke in front of brother so he doesn't copy, asked me for a cig this summer - hell naaw.
It has really hurt my fitness though, went back to my sports team the other day after a month off. Threw up :L Going to be a hard offseason.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 216
Never have, never will. Not because it's bad for my health, because I can't stand the smell of nicotine, smokers smell awful.
90% of people at parties I went to smoked.

In fact, I've noticed that most people my age(18) smoke in social situations at least.
Reply 218
You can't call someone naive and then regurgitate the myth that you need willpower to quit smoking. You only need willpower if you think you're giving something up, which you're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc

All those withdrawal symptoms are myths as far as I'm concerned. You will get cravings and that's about it and once you've starved your body of the nicotine they disappear very quickly, anything else is you convincing yourself you will feel sick/dizzy/get headaches.

You say to someone else to get off their high horse, yet you're still very nicely sat on your own.

"Withdrawal symptoms are myths" what *******s is that? Your body is physically craving that nicotine, your brain is used to having it and wants it, badly. After the first few days/weeks (depending on how much you smoked and for how long) it does get easier, but there is a reason a lot of people relapse.

You don't need willpower to quit smoking? That's the worst advice I've heard anyone give to someone who'd want to quit smoking. You need a lot of it, you need to physically force yourself to say no to something that you're so used to it's like denying drinking water when you're thirsty. I'm sat here thinking you've never been a real smoker and given up at all, you seem to have got off it lightly and gone "oh if it's so easy for me it must be for everyone else, they are all just stupid compared to me."
None. What's the point of doing so? The negatives hugely outweigh the postives.

Quick Reply

Latest