The Student Room Group

Are there exams in the Computer Science BSc?

I'm in my first year of College, looking into the Computer Science BSc course at various universities.

I can't seem to find out if the course features any exams, or whether it's all coursework (like the IT Practitioners BTEC Extended Diploma).

Anyone know?
Reply 1
Original post by GeorgeGee
I'm in my first year of College, looking into the Computer Science BSc course at various universities.

I can't seem to find out if the course features any exams, or whether it's all coursework (like the IT Practitioners BTEC Extended Diploma).

Anyone know?

Yes. Generally it's exam based with a small component of each module being homework/coursework, and perhaps one or two coursework projects per year.
Reply 2
Depends entirely on the university. The breakdown for my course was as follows:

Y1: 100% exams
Y2: 100% exams
Y3: 50% exams, 50% dissertation
Reply 3
Original post by GeorgeGee

Anyone know?

Yes, it's with any course at uni, they all have exams.
Depending on the module you'll have some coursework and exams.
Reply 4
Different for each Uni for us is 50% Exams 30% CW and 20% Dissertation
Depends on the university, the year of the course, and even the individual modules. First year modules at my university are generally 40% coursework and 60% exams, with the exception of a single one that was 100% coursework. I would imagine that many places are 100% exams - you'll be hard-pressed to escape them.
Reply 6
What kinds of questions do they ask on the exams?
Original post by jordan.uni
What kinds of questions do they ask on the exams?

Again, depends on your university and module choices.

It ranges anywhere from theory to maths to pseudocode.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending