The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

technik
this is why i think israel should just get on with it and wipe out gaza, the west bank, etc etc.

Theres no much point in them going with half measures tbh. Were i Israeli id probably be of the same opinion.
Reply 21
an Siarach
Theres no much point in them going with half measures tbh. Were i Israeli id probably be of the same opinion.

quite. this is a people and organisation which would love a world without israel/israelis and probably jews just for good measure.

so why should israel sit back and watch them try to plan their destruction? send in the tanks and planes and watch the problem disappear.
technik
quite. this is a people and organisation which would love a world without israel/israelis and probably jews just for good measure.

Indeed, the Hamas Charter is not simply anti-Israel, it's openly anti-Jew, declaring them a legitimate target worldwide and quoting various things about annihilating Jews completely. Yes, the Hamas that the palestinians just elected.
You know there's more to it than that. Like, Hamas did everyday community work to build up a reputation as helpful. And, all the alternatives were heavily stained with corruption.
A good point I heard made by a commentator: Have the same choice given in Israel between a group that was corrupt etc. and a group that would govern well but believed in indiscrimnately trying to annihilate all Arabs. The corrupt group would still win by a country-mile (and the other would've been banned). Israelis wouldn't support an equivalent group like Hamas even if they thought they'd govern well.
Reply 25
technik

so why should israel sit back and watch them try to plan their destruction? send in the tanks and planes and watch the problem disappear.

Poll: 68% of Jews would refuse to live in same building as an Arab

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/697458.html

NOT the opposite , secondly , everybody started talking about Hamas and changing the topic and escaping from answering the question
the question is killing the palestinian girl , which happens on a daily basis , was not questioned or invistigated.
If Hamas is a terrorist group , anti-israeli , anti-jewish , whatsoever does this mean u can kill a girl as easy as this.
a.w.l
Poll: 68% of Jews would refuse to live in same building as an Arab

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/697458.html
Accurarely representing the story you link to isn't an asset you have, is it? I know that people on your side treat the truth as if it were a deadly poison, but you can't get away with the same brazen lying here as you would elsewhere, because people will check you on it. Thus, I don't see you having much success on this board, as lying seems to be the lynchpin of your "debating" thus far.

Anyway, back to the issue, to quote the article:
"Sixty-eight percent of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in the same apartment building as an Israeli Arab, according to the results of an annual poll released Wednesday by the Center for the Struggle Against Racism."

See? We're not talking about any Jews (as you claimed), we're talking about Jews who have had their country consistently attacked by Arabs in the form of neighbouring countries and terror groups for six decades. The majority of those who have that opinion most likely have security concerns, not any animosity towards Arabs simply on race grounds. Now take your idiocy elsewhere.

a.w.l
NOT the opposite
No, according to most polls taken during the Intifada that percentage (and higher) of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks. Wow, Israelis don't want to live in the same building, Arabs want to annihilate. Well done on pointing out it was "not the opposite".

a.w.l
escaping from answering the question
the question is killing the palestinian girl
No-one escaped the question, the unanimous verdict (even from those who have no bones about criticisng Israel) was that you were talking complete b*llocks and completely misrepresenting the facts and article beyond all recognition. Which you're still doing. So now everyone thinks you're an idiot who should be ignored, congratulations, welcome to the board.
Reply 27
JonathanH

No, according to most polls taken during the Intifada that percentage (and higher) of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks.

Any source(s) ?
Even if u had (which I doubt) , can I say "The majority of those who have that opinion most likely have security concerns (like killing the innocent girl and many others ) not any animosity towards Jews simply on race grounds. "

JonathanH

completely misrepresenting the facts and article beyond all recognition.

"Misrepresenting the facts " , facts , so u have just admitted that this racism towards arabs (another way around muslims) and killing of children occurs
So now everyone thinks you're an idiot who should be ignored, congratulations, welcome to the board !
a.w.l
Any source(s) ?
Even if u had (which I doubt) , can I say "The majority of those who have that opinion most likely have security concerns (like killing the innocent girl and many others ) not any animosity towards Jews simply on race grounds. "
Killing Israeli civilians does nothing to allay security concerns, so no that would be a crap argument and you can't say that. In fact, killing Israeli civilians makes the "security" situation for palestinians far worse (more Israeli anti-terror operations etc.). So that's an entirely self-defeating argument.

a.w.l
"Misrepresenting the facts " , facts , so u have just admitted that this racism towards arabs (another way around muslims) and killing of children occurs
You're either illiterate or high. The phrase "misrepresenting the facts" means that I do not agree with your representation of what really happened and that it is insupportable on the evidence to draw the conclusions you do (pretty much, you're lying to the board through your teeth, just phrased politely). You claim those things, essentially, I deny that the facts (which are most likely not what you claim) could lead to the conclusions draw. Learn basic debate terminology. We've had plenty of brainwashed idiots like you come charging on here with a pathetically one-sided "knowledge" of the situation and no insight beyond "Israel is evil" and frankly you get torn to shreds and everyone thinks you're ****ing idiots.
So a large proportion of Israeli Jews would not like to live in a building with Israeli Arabs, right? They don't have a problem with travelling on the same bus as them, yet they and the babies in their arms end up dead. I think their worries are justified.
psychic_satori
If he was cleared of the death, then your thread title is obviously untrue.

he wasn't cleared of the death. he was cleared of murder. the israeli courts overturned a previous trial which declared that his actions were disproportionate to the threat she posed, and that he had fired bullets into her after she went down.
One thing that strikes me from that post linked to by the OP is the replies by various people at the bottom. some are sensible, but others are the typical rubbish that i've seen here a few times.
one guy protests about rewarding a man who killed an innocent teenager whether it be deemed a justifiable target or not by the israeli army. others then call him a self hating jew, arab etc to try to discredit his opinion.

but such is the way of the world. people need ot make convenient distincitions between them and us. you don't agree with us? then you hate yourself, or are one of them.
JonathanH
Accurarely representing the story you link to isn't an asset you have, is it? I know that people on your side treat the truth as if it were a deadly poison, but you can't get away with the same brazen lying here as you would elsewhere, because people will check you on it. Thus, I don't see you having much success on this board, as lying seems to be the lynchpin of your "debating" thus far.

Anyway, back to the issue, to quote the article:
"Sixty-eight percent of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in the same apartment building as an Israeli Arab, according to the results of an annual poll released Wednesday by the Center for the Struggle Against Racism."

See? We're not talking about any Jews (as you claimed), we're talking about Jews who have had their country consistently attacked by Arabs in the form of neighbouring countries and terror groups for six decades. The majority of those who have that opinion most likely have security concerns, not any animosity towards Arabs simply on race grounds. Now take your idiocy elsewhere.

No, according to most polls taken during the Intifada that percentage (and higher) of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks. Wow, Israelis don't want to live in the same building, Arabs want to annihilate. Well done on pointing out it was "not the opposite".

No-one escaped the question, the unanimous verdict (even from those who have no bones about criticisng Israel) was that you were talking complete b*llocks and completely misrepresenting the facts and article beyond all recognition. Which you're still doing. So now everyone thinks you're an idiot who should be ignored, congratulations, welcome to the board.

so racism is ok if it is supported somewhat by statistics? should that mean i should refuse to live in the same block as anyone black?
Have black people been waging a terror war against your country for six decades? Have black people been blowing up your friends in buses and restaurants?

It's not racism. Racism is an irrational dislike on the basis of race, nothing else. This is not a dislike on the basis of race (the same polls showed the majority of Israeli Jews would welcome an Arab visitor), this is a CONCERN (quite valid considering the situation) about security for them and their family. If Arabs didn't pose a threat (real or perceived) to the lives of Israelis all over the country, they would not feel the same.
Robot Chicken
one guy protests about rewarding a man who killed an innocent teenager

It's not a reward for doing what he did, it's compensation for the wrongful charges etc. Same thing happens in every country with a similar justice system in the world. People in this country who are found not guilty etc. generally get compensation from the police for the time they are held etc. To call it a "reward" (as the idiotic OP did) is just a lie.
Reply 34
technik
this is why i think israel should just get on with it and wipe out gaza, the west bank, etc etc.

the palestinians are a joke to the world.

Care to elaborate on the practicalities?
Knowing technik, the practicalities will be "lots of napalm".

*huggles technik*
Reply 36
JonathanH

you're lying to the board through your teeth, just phrased politely)

JonathanH

according to most polls taken during the Intifada that percentage (and higher) of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks.

Lying , huh ? , you are just annoyed and pissed off because you couldn't get any poll (one poll not polls as u claim) taken during the intefada that shows higher percentage of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks.

IT'S A MYTH , ****ing lier
Reply 37
BellaCat
Care to elaborate on the practicalities?

its not hard to get rid of millions of people.
a.w.l
Lying , huh ? , you are just annoyed and pissed off because you couldn't get any poll (one poll not polls as u claim) taken during the intefada that shows higher percentage of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks.

IT'S A MYTH , ****ing lier

Au contraire, I was just waiting for you to stick your neck out on the issue before I finished you off and proved to everyone what a piece-of-**** ignorant scumbag you are. And now you have. Let the execution commence.

------

Research and Writing
Polling Israel Out of Existence

by Ronni Gordon Stillman and Alexander T. Stillman
National Review Online
April 8, 2002
TERRORISM
When surveyed in December 2001, 81.8 percent of the Palestinian respondents supported or strongly supported armed attacks against Israeli targets, and 92.3 percent supported or strongly supported armed attacks against Israeli soldiers in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. In the same poll, 82.3 percent disagreed or strongly disagreed with defining the suicide bombing at the Dolphinarium discotheque that murdered 23 mostly teenage Israelis (and wounded 100 more) as a terrorist attack. 69.4 percent of the respondents questioned would not consider the use of chemical or biological weapons against Israel an act of terror. Thus, a significant number of Palestinians not only favors violent attacks on Israelis, but would support the use of weapons of mass destruction against Israeli civilians."

------

Poll: Majority Palestinians See Israel's Elimination as Goal
Yahoo News - June 11, 2002

JERUSALEM (Reuters)...

The poll by the Palestinian Jerusalem Media and Communication Center (JMCC) highlighted a radicalization of views as 20 months of Israeli-Palestinian violence worsens.

The JMCC interviewed 1,179 people in the West Bank and Gaza in late May and early June. The poll had a three percent margin of error.

BROAD SUPPORT FOR UPRISING

The uprising continued to have broad support. Seventy-nine percent of people surveyed said they back the revolt in some way and 68 percent said they approved of suicide bombings against Israeli civilians, down slightly from 74 percent in December.

You claimed I couldn't find a single poll, I here produce two showing that higher percentages of palestinians supported the murder of innocent Israelis in terror attacks, one pointing to it being 81% and one 74%. I therefore, win the argument and prove you wrong. Game, set and match. Please withdraw your accusations as quoted at the beginning of this post as they are manifestly incorrect. Try to wriggle out and I will hit you with more polls showing the same, cut your losses.

Anyone here is welcome to check the polls.

Anyway, what does it all prove? Israelis in the majority don't want to share a building, palestinians in a larger majority have supported actively killing Israelis in terrorist attacks.
Reply 39
this is a people who need eliminated.

Latest

Trending

Trending